Boise Senior High School 2

Posted December 10, 2014
Boise High draws from many families who are high achieving lawyers, doctors and other professionals, Therefore their young people are motivated to learn and achieve. The school takes credit for the high achieving. My son, struggled with learning and motivation, because he had a pituitary tumor. There were some great teachers at BHS who connected with him and made him feel welcomed but one English teacher,who announced that she hated all men at the beginning of the school year, humiliated him in class, refused to let him use the toilet when needed, even though the doctor wrote that he had IBS. and when he decided to no longer attend her class, it took her one whole semester to let us know he wasn't attending. Also, my granddaughter is attending BHS and reported that the Biology teacher is flunking everyone in the class. If this were true, it would indicated something wrong with her teaching methods. The college honors classes seem to well serve those who are capable and already heading to college. I wish there were opportunities for those students who need a more hands-on instruction and preparation for jobs not requiring a college degree.

Posted August 17, 2014
BHS - Teachers at Boise High love what they do, making a difference in our children's lives one class at a time!

Posted May 19, 2014
I graduated from Boise High and I feel like it was the most inclusive group of kids. Yeah, there were rich kids that thought they were better than most kids but most high schools do. I felt like most of the students were very nice and accepting. Some bad teachers, lots of good ones. If your student doesn't want to learn, then they won't, doesn't matter what school they go to. And it is true that if your an open enrollment student and getting bad grades or have disciplinary issues or attendance issues, they'll suggest you go to a different school (that's written in the boise school district handbook).

Posted November 20, 2013
Reading the - reviews I wonder if the writers had any experience at BH. One does not need to apply to it, the Boise School District operates open enrollment, a parent may enroll their child at any school K-12 provided there is room a one will be accepted. BH does not have a separate enrollment process it is the same as any other school. As far as ethnic diversity goes It may not be as diverse as say Borah High but it is diverse, show up at school at 3 PM in the afternoon as I do and you will see more then just white students. As far as the swim team pushing aside students, I questioned my daughter about this and she said "what are they taking about". My 2 daughters have never complained of harassment or bullying, shunning, social castes, etc. Their friends live all over town look at a district map and see that BH does not just cover the North End. The only way one at BH one may be a outcast is to not be involved. When I mentioned this to my daughter she did say if you are not involved then yes you will be a bit of a loner. But that is by ones own choice. BH has an incredible amount of parent involvement if sanding up and supporting your child is arrogant then so be it.

Boise Senior High School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
The worst nightmare of my life. I graduated two years ago in spite of being at BHS. The kids there are walking clones of their parents: Snobbish, better than anyone else, invulnerable to the truths of the city's working class. My parents actually had to apply to get me in this horrible school since I am in a [better] school district. They were duped into thinking BHS was better than other high schools. IT IS NOT. Don't believe only what you hear about test scores. The reality of the school is a horror for kids who are not upper crust, cute, popular, in clubs and sports, or quirky. I would NEVER go there again, knowing the experiences many kids and I had.

Boise Senior High School 1

Posted September 28, 2012
This review will anger the "liberal north end" radicals because they believe their neighborhood high school is untouchable, the best, the brightest. They haughtily speak down to students & parents who are unfortunate enough to be associated with the other schools in the area. I am not using my real name to protect my son. But I AM SPEAKING THE TRUTH and those who are truthful know this. Like everyone, my son and I came into Boise high two years ago with great expectations. We heard this school was "top tier," wonderful teachers, inviting students, no social castes. In fact, many but not all of the teachers are very good. While they aren't generous with their time unless the student is a prodigy, they are good teachers. My son learned what he needed to learn while there, and took AP and accelerated courses. However, I have never--ever--seen such arrogant students, and parents, in my life. Ever. And we are from an eastern state known for rudeness. Social castes? They are a reality here. Inviting? Absolutely not. Shunning? Yep. No outsiders welcome. Swim team, for example, may be competent but actually push other students aside when walking. I would NEVER recommend BHS.

Boise Senior High School 4

Posted September 21, 2012
We moved here specifically so that our child could attend a school that would challenge her more and truly prepare her for college. Boise High is doing just that, with the AP courses they offer, required classes to assist with improving testing, and an emphasis on academics. While they have wonderful extracurricular activities, it is known to be a school that focuses on academics, with over 80 percent of its grads going on to two or four year schools. Like any public school, it has a mix of great teachers and some that are not as great, but overall, the general quality and expectaion is high. It does serve a somewhat higher economic group, but also pulls from a mix of neighborhoods. As for the question of diversity, I work in an elementary school that feeds Boise High, and we have 15 languages spoken in our school. I feel confident having my daughter in a school that expects more so that she can learn how to achieve and become a successful member of our society and community. And Boise is one AWESOME place to live and raise children.

Boise Senior High School 3

Posted May 24, 2012
I currently have a child attending Boise High. In my experience the teachers are great and really care about the students and their learning process. There are many activities to support the students' interests and learning opportunities. The student body is generally well-behaved and respectful and there is very strong parent participation and support. My only complaint is with the inept, unprofessional and rude administration, from the front office staff to the principal- with the exception of the college counselor and one student counselor, who are a pleasure to work with. I have been a parent in the Boise School district beginning in elementary school and have nothing but praise for the admin staff at North Jr. High and Highlands Elementary where my child attended. Unfortunately, I cannot give Boise High's administrative staff much credit. I do want to stress, again, that the teachers at Boise are exceptional.

Boise Senior High School 2

Posted October 28, 2011
It is a very old school school. It is true if you are pregnant or struggling they want you to go to another school. They will call you in the office and tell you to look somewhere else. Its a lot of upper class, because of location I think, Downtown. If you dont get good grades and want to go to a good collage, dont waste your time here. They will make you feel worthless.

Posted September 30, 2010
I find it odd that others are saying there aren't enough ethnic groups at Boise high. That's not a matter of Boise high's turning away of ethnic groups, simply the fact that there aren't much racial diversity in many places in Boise city anyways. Look at any High school in Boise. They are all about the same. People are wired differently at Boise high, creating talented, educated, fun place for students to go to school.

Boise Senior High School
1010 West Washington St, Boise, ID  83702
Last modified Boise Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boise Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top