Boise, ID
Students enrolled: 1,452

Posted April 04, 2015
This is the best school around because of the teachers. There is a diverse population, acceptance and tolerance for all lifestyles. Don't listen to the naysayers on this review board. They have personal grievances that could not be resolved any where it seems. Boise High RULES!!

Posted April 03, 2015
There is so much diversity! I LOVE this school, everyone is welcoming and they really made me feel like i belong. Being placed Downtown is even more wonderful because you see more culture and can explore more of what around you and explore more about yourself. :) Sportsmanship is amazing along with communication within teachers and students.

Posted February 23, 2015
Boise High provides an excellent education, and it is a school full of genuine people. The school has a diverse array of socioeconomic backgrounds and political and social views, which greatly contributes to my overall experience. Boise is whatever you make of it - you can be an athlete, join one of the numerous clubs, take an outrageously strenuous, AP-laden class load, or participate in the incredible arts, music, and drama programs. This is a rare school that has a place for just about anyone.

Boise Senior High School 2

Posted December 10, 2014
Boise High draws from many families who are high achieving lawyers, doctors and other professionals, Therefore their young people are motivated to learn and achieve. The school takes credit for the high achieving. My son, struggled with learning and motivation, because he had a pituitary tumor. There were some great teachers at BHS who connected with him and made him feel welcomed but one English teacher,who announced that she hated all men at the beginning of the school year, humiliated him in class, refused to let him use the toilet when needed, even though the doctor wrote that he had IBS. and when he decided to no longer attend her class, it took her one whole semester to let us know he wasn't attending. Also, my granddaughter is attending BHS and reported that the Biology teacher is flunking everyone in the class. If this were true, it would indicated something wrong with her teaching methods. The college honors classes seem to well serve those who are capable and already heading to college. I wish there were opportunities for those students who need a more hands-on instruction and preparation for jobs not requiring a college degree.

Posted August 17, 2014
BHS - Teachers at Boise High love what they do, making a difference in our children's lives one class at a time!

Posted May 19, 2014
I graduated from Boise High and I feel like it was the most inclusive group of kids. Yeah, there were rich kids that thought they were better than most kids but most high schools do. I felt like most of the students were very nice and accepting. Some bad teachers, lots of good ones. If your student doesn't want to learn, then they won't, doesn't matter what school they go to. And it is true that if your an open enrollment student and getting bad grades or have disciplinary issues or attendance issues, they'll suggest you go to a different school (that's written in the boise school district handbook).

Posted November 20, 2013
Reading the - reviews I wonder if the writers had any experience at BH. One does not need to apply to it, the Boise School District operates open enrollment, a parent may enroll their child at any school K-12 provided there is room a one will be accepted. BH does not have a separate enrollment process it is the same as any other school. As far as ethnic diversity goes It may not be as diverse as say Borah High but it is diverse, show up at school at 3 PM in the afternoon as I do and you will see more then just white students. As far as the swim team pushing aside students, I questioned my daughter about this and she said "what are they taking about". My 2 daughters have never complained of harassment or bullying, shunning, social castes, etc. Their friends live all over town look at a district map and see that BH does not just cover the North End. The only way one at BH one may be a outcast is to not be involved. When I mentioned this to my daughter she did say if you are not involved then yes you will be a bit of a loner. But that is by ones own choice. BH has an incredible amount of parent involvement if sanding up and supporting your child is arrogant then so be it.

Posted January 30, 2013
The worst nightmare of my life. I graduated two years ago in spite of being at BHS. The kids there are walking clones of their parents: Snobbish, better than anyone else, invulnerable to the truths of the city's working class. My parents actually had to apply to get me in this horrible school since I am in a [better] school district. They were duped into thinking BHS was better than other high schools. IT IS NOT. Don't believe only what you hear about test scores. The reality of the school is a horror for kids who are not upper crust, cute, popular, in clubs and sports, or quirky. I would NEVER go there again, knowing the experiences many kids and I had.

Posted November 25, 2012
I am proud to say that we transferred our daughter from this school. What a rude administration! They are very unproffessional and impolite. This is a school in which "clique culture" is heavily emphasized and I believe that the wealthier neighborhood contributes to this. If you aren't wearing Urban outfitters or other "hip" clothing, you are automatically dropped. Also, the teachers are down right terrible with exception to one. The teachers do not spend time with students individually unless the student is at the top notch. It upset me that my daughter came home crying saying how much she hates the environment and the teachers. She has never been bullied or upset by school and we sent her here with high expectations.. but wow, this school is terrible. There is much stress from the workload, crappy teacher quality, and arrogant peers. I have never been so upset with a school before.

Posted September 28, 2012
This review will anger the "liberal north end" radicals because they believe their neighborhood high school is untouchable, the best, the brightest. They haughtily speak down to students & parents who are unfortunate enough to be associated with the other schools in the area. I am not using my real name to protect my son. But I AM SPEAKING THE TRUTH and those who are truthful know this. Like everyone, my son and I came into Boise high two years ago with great expectations. We heard this school was "top tier," wonderful teachers, inviting students, no social castes. In fact, many but not all of the teachers are very good. While they aren't generous with their time unless the student is a prodigy, they are good teachers. My son learned what he needed to learn while there, and took AP and accelerated courses. However, I have never--ever--seen such arrogant students, and parents, in my life. Ever. And we are from an eastern state known for rudeness. Social castes? They are a reality here. Inviting? Absolutely not. Shunning? Yep. No outsiders welcome. Swim team, for example, may be competent but actually push other students aside when walking. I would NEVER recommend BHS.

Boise Senior High School
1010 West Washington St, Boise, ID  83702
Last modified Boise Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boise Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top