Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (2 responses)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 28, 2016
it gives students determination to leave this terrible school and never ever EVER come back

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 28, 2016
it's just a terrible school where no one is truly happy. the students and teachers rarely get along and the administration is a joke.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 15, 2016
The kids are treated with zero respect yet the adults constantly DEMAND respect. All the while setting a terrible example.

Lake Hazel Middle School 1

Posted February 15, 2016
This school is a joke! We are doing everything in our power to get our children out of this prison like environment. I do not have one positive thing to say about this school. I do not think there is a single adult in the building that likes teenagers, enjoys teenagers and I can assure you not one person there enjoys their job. If I could rate this school with a zero star rating I would. The kids here are treated with such a low regard I am shocked any of them are trying at all. My kids come home EVERY single day telling me something new that has happened. We 100% will not be allowing our children back in this mess. Terrible terrible terrible from the administration down to the janitor.

Grateful to: Student

Posted February 15, 2016
I have seen so many awesome kids endure pure hatred from adults in this school I just thought I would say hang in there this time is short and you will be out of there soon. Not all adults treat kids this way and not all schools are like this. This is NOT how the work force is and if you encounter a work environment like this you have the CHOICE to leave.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted February 15, 2016
I am convinced that this is the most miserable group of adults thrown into one building I have seen. The teachers are robots and do not care about these kids at all. I have no idea why they are teaching at all?

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 15, 2016
My daughter has 7 class, every night she comes home with homework in 6 of them. She walks right in the door and stars homework we are no longer allowed to plan after school activities because she is often working on homework up until the minute she goes to bed. It is completely out of control and I have discussed this with all of these teachers.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted February 15, 2016
I have seen several kids loose determination because they feel like they can not ever do good enough or that what they are doing isn't good enough. I would say this school is a life suck and does the opposite of helping students with a goal of determination.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 15, 2016
There is zero compassion, caring and empathy in this school kids are treated as if automatically guilty, there is never benefit of the doubt they are never giving the opportunity to share their side of a situation. I have seen this time and time again.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 15, 2016
The way students are treated is an absolute disgrace. These kids are entering into a place where they will be entering adulthood soon we should be encouraging critical thinking, independence, and problem solving. Instead these kids are constantly treated as if they criminals and thugs its really gross. The sexism is also disgusting. Overall it is a place where honesty, integrity, and fairness is completely absent. I have never seen this demonstrated in this school once.

11625 La Grange St, Boise, ID  83709
Last modified Lake Hazel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.