Boise, ID
Students enrolled: 1,239

Posted September 09, 2015
This "school" is nothing more than a day care facility and retirement stop for old teachers. Son was so frustrated by the teaching methods of half his teachers that he simply shut down. The math department is particularly mind blowing in their ever changing teaching methods and appear to operate without a single text book. We pulled him out of the school and entered a private school (at great expense) to save him from these "teachers". If you truly love your children seek alternatives to this institution. Our son ended up scoring a 95% in algebra in his new school and now loves math. Better yet he loves the new school experience as well.

Lake Hazel Middle School 5

Posted August 26, 2015
My kids are going here and they enjoy every minute. Hey get along well with the other kids. My kids love the teachers here a lot. Never had a problem

Posted October 05, 2014
This school is horribly overcrowded. Nearly 1,500 students in a school meant for 1,000. The district is trying to alleviate the situation by building another school. They asked voters for $104 million bond to pay for it. Although most voters approved the bond, 2/3's majority vote is necessary to pass the bond, so it failed. I pulled both my children from LHMS and enrolled them in schools of choice -- their grades went from D's and F's to A's and B's. I don't think it was about bad teaching. Sixty-eight staff simply cannot keep track of 1,400 kids.

Lake Hazel Middle School 4

Posted September 29, 2014
This was my school for all three years. Yes it has its issues. but here is the thing it doesn't get the funding it needs to be the biggest middle school in the joint school district. This school does need improvement but it also needs support from the community.Also there are lots of awesome teachers her it is just a few that ruin it overall if you are willing to take a chance, This school is definitely worth it

Lake Hazel Middle School 2

Posted May 19, 2014
My son has attended all three years and every year his academics got worse. His eighth grade year is the worst he's ever had and he used to be a 'A' and 'B' student. He's failing math but the schools excuse is "all the students are having a hard time because it's a new curriculum." But if I suggest holding him back, they say he needs to go to an alternative school. My child isn't disruptive, he's respectful, no other issues. An alternative school is not an option but sending him to high school when he is behind is only going to make him further behind. If most of the 8th grade was having issues with the new style and curriculum, then the school should have addressed that to the parents instead of me having to confront them about it.

Posted February 14, 2014
Well my child is supposed to be attending this school next year so I contacted the office today and spoke to a really rude office lady. So I decided to read the reviews and there you have it a terrible school I figured that out in the first thirty seconds of the conversation.

Posted January 24, 2014
All i have to say is that this school is terrible. I am a student and i go here. Seriously, the teachers don't even try to help you. They always tell me that if i did bad on something it was my own fault because i didn't know something. This something being something they never taught us in the first place. They just expected me to know it. Especially the math teachers. But i won't name names.

Posted November 09, 2013
This school is awful. My kids were forced to go here from Christine Donnell School of the Arts because the stopped having 7th & 8th grade over there. My kids are straight A+ students, and are not in any way academically challenged here. My son has under 15 mins of homework a day, and that is looking at flash cards and some simple math. He reads for fun at home as he is not challenged at all. The students dress like slobs or like Britney Spears - parents don't seem to care about modesty, and the faculty doesn't seem to mind either. My daughter has about 1 hour homework tops, but it is all so easy - she was doing this stuff 3 years ago. Both my kids are bullied on the bus. My daughter is bullied in her class. The foul language that is used by students is offensive and attrocious. Home school kids hang out at this school and cause trouble after school. PTA is not good...they do little to involve the parents. There is very low school pride. Not the brightest students, faculty that doesn't raise the bar, limited time between classes, sprawling campus, huge lunch lines, little to do on the playground - send your kids somewhere else if you can.

Posted August 28, 2013
If you, or your child, has any intelligence you will avoid this school at all costs - - if I could give it a zero-star rating I would. They are rigid and inflexible to the individuality of children's rate of maturity and learning. My son is transferring there in 7th grade and is not allowed to take band or orchestra because first year is only taught to 6th graders and they won't allow seventh graders in first year band or orchestra. In his previous school he had 5 years of spanish, but they still make him take a mandatory 'exploring Spanish" class with a curriculum that he followed in first grade. There is only one honors program in the whole school, and thre are no options for advanced math - even if he was performing 1-2 years ahead of the current 7th grade curriculum at his old school. He has had three years of typing and types over 30 wpm, but they won't let him take a computer course because he has not taken THEIR keyboarding class... really? are their keyboards somehow special???? This school is all about cookie-cutter education standards with no regard to student individualtiy or real learning AT ALL.

Posted August 11, 2013
We moved here last year and my son went to Lake Hazel. It was horrible he was called names and in one class the kids would throw things when the teacher wasn't looking. My son said one of his teachers wouldn't even teach he would just sit at his desk on his computer. I hope to move before my daughter gets in middle school or I will see about transferring her to another school. Lazy staff at this school.

Lake Hazel Middle School
11625 La Grange St, Boise, ID  83709
Last modified Lake Hazel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Hazel Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top