Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

it's just a terrible school where no one is truly happy. the students and teachers rarely get along and the administration is a joke.

This school is a joke! We are doing everything in our power to get our children out of this prison like environment. I do not have one positive thing to say about this school. I do not think there is a single adult in the building that likes teenagers, enjoys teenagers and I can assure you not one person there enjoys their job. If I could rate this school with a zero star rating I would. The kids here are treated with such a low regard I am shocked any of them are trying at all. My kids come home EVERY single day telling me something new that has happened. We 100% will not be allowing our children back in this mess. Terrible terrible terrible from the administration down to the janitor.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I am convinced that this is the most miserable group of adults thrown into one building I have seen. The teachers are robots and do not care about these kids at all. I have no idea why they are teaching at all?

Amount of homework: Disagree

My daughter has 7 class, every night she comes home with homework in 6 of them. She walks right in the door and stars homework we are no longer allowed to plan after school activities because she is often working on homework up until the minute she goes to bed. It is completely out of control and I have discussed this with all of these teachers.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The way students are treated is an absolute disgrace. These kids are entering into a place where they will be entering adulthood soon we should be encouraging critical thinking, independence, and problem solving. Instead these kids are constantly treated as if they criminals and thugs its really gross. The sexism is also disgusting. Overall it is a place where honesty, integrity, and fairness is completely absent. I have never seen this demonstrated in this school once.

This "school" is nothing more than a day care facility and retirement stop for old teachers. Son was so frustrated by the teaching methods of half his teachers that he simply shut down. The math department is particularly mind blowing in their ever changing teaching methods and appear to operate without a single text book. We pulled him out of the school and entered a private school (at great expense) to save him from these "teachers". If you truly love your children seek alternatives to this institution. Our son ended up scoring a 95% in algebra in his new school and now loves math. Better yet he loves the new school experience as well.

My kids are going here and they enjoy every minute. Hey get along well with the other kids. My kids love the teachers here a lot. Never had a problem

This school is horribly overcrowded. Nearly 1,500 students in a school meant for 1,000. The district is trying to alleviate the situation by building another school. They asked voters for $104 million bond to pay for it. Although most voters approved the bond, 2/3's majority vote is necessary to pass the bond, so it failed. I pulled both my children from LHMS and enrolled them in schools of choice -- their grades went from D's and F's to A's and B's. I don't think it was about bad teaching. Sixty-eight staff simply cannot keep track of 1,400 kids.

This was my school for all three years. Yes it has its issues. but here is the thing it doesn't get the funding it needs to be the biggest middle school in the joint school district. This school does need improvement but it also needs support from the community.Also there are lots of awesome teachers her it is just a few that ruin it overall if you are willing to take a chance, This school is definitely worth it

My son has attended all three years and every year his academics got worse. His eighth grade year is the worst he's ever had and he used to be a 'A' and 'B' student. He's failing math but the schools excuse is "all the students are having a hard time because it's a new curriculum." But if I suggest holding him back, they say he needs to go to an alternative school. My child isn't disruptive, he's respectful, no other issues. An alternative school is not an option but sending him to high school when he is behind is only going to make him further behind. If most of the 8th grade was having issues with the new style and curriculum, then the school should have addressed that to the parents instead of me having to confront them about it.

Last modified Lake Hazel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.