Bad
Good

Centennial High School 1

Posted September 04, 2013
Some ways I think this school can improve. -Serious disciplinary actions to be taken against students who curse at other students in the hallways. -Setting up an Anti-Bullying program. -Enforcing uniforms.

Centennial High School 5

Posted July 12, 2013
I will be a sophomore this next year at Centennial High and I have just had such a good experience with this school. I am a Mormon and yes, there is a very large population of LDS people attending. It is not always a bad thing to have, because in general (there is the occasional "jack-Mormon") we are people who understand the importance of education and good relationships with others who may not share our beliefs. I have many friends that are, in fact, not LDS but understand what we believe and respect us. Religion is never a topic when any of us are together socially. The people who feel like "the Mormons" are bad people are generally the people who drink and smoke and are otherwise immoral. The teachers are nice and very understanding if you cannot make a deadline if you give a good reason and will extend it for you if you ask. Really, Centennial has just about every activity you could ever wish to participate in and we are pushed to participate whether it be in fundraising for various causes or social activities. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a good school to be accepted at.

Centennial High School 4

Posted August 11, 2012
As other reviewers have stated, there is a very large LDS crowd at CHS. At times this can be detrimental to others, but for the most part, the Mormon students are very kid, helpful people. Some cliques do form, but more of in the form of social and academic groups. The teachers are, for the most part, phenomenal. I am an AP student, and my instructors are a large part of helping me learn the advance material. Many of them can make the dullest subjects entertaining and easy to learn. As such, however, I have not had experiences with many of the other teachers. Some are good, others bad, according to my friends, but such is the spice of life. I will admit, as a freshman I did not like the school, but going into my senior year, I look at it fondly.

Centennial High School 3

Posted July 16, 2012
We are new to the area,we are fosterparents to several teen boy.How do you thing they will do there if they have challenges.We are very involved in our kids at school.I like to help with anything that school need.Thanks for reading.

Centennial High School 4

Posted December 08, 2010
I have two children that have recently or will soon graduate from Centennial High School. One is currently attending an in state college and the other will become a chemical engineering student at a yet to be determined university. We moved from San Jose, California in 1990 where my kids attended private schools. Upon relocating to Boise; our children received a public education at Pioneer Elementary, Lowell Scott Middle School and Centennial High School. They received high quality instruction with knowledgeable, caring and motivated teachers. Several previous comments have been made regarding the large population of Mormon/LDS families in the school district. We are not Mormon and have found our LDS neighbors to be good citizens with strong families that are committed to the community. School activates and parent committees are often (but not always) organized and planned by LDS students and their families; however, this is usually the result of others not willing to step up . The LDS factor in the school district is a non-issue! My kids have received a high quality education in the Meridian School District and Centennial High school that has prepared them well for college.

Posted March 15, 2010
My experience at CHS was horrible they targeted me the first week of school because of my siblings behavior. If you are not part of the LDS crowd you fall through the cracks. My graduating class had the worst drop out record. There were some teachers who encouraged my individualism and there were some who were against my unwillingness to conform. I did not graduate from CHS, i recieved my High school diploma from BSU and am ranked academically on the President's List at the college I now attend. I own no thanks to CHS.

Centennial High School 5

Posted August 09, 2009
I'm shocked to read reviews of CHS being cliquey. After attending surrounding schols (Capital & Eagle) I was thrilled to realize Centennial wasn't so much cliquey as much as they were one giant clique. As a student, you were in, which is very important in the life of a teen. Another thing that was extremely powering at this school was their staff. Five years after graduating, I can say I still keep relationships with instructors who had huge influences on my life.

Posted May 05, 2009
i think that Centennial High School is both great and awful. The teachers are very involved in their teaching methods and many of them are inspiring. They teach us not only about the subject, but they they help us discover ourselves, and what we believe in. However, having ID badges as school, having lunch detention when being late, even at only 3 minutes, and the horrible, confusing hybrid schedule, make it hard. But I would still recommend to go to this school. Because of the wonderful staff, students tend to forget all the bad sides of the school

Posted September 30, 2008
When I first came into Centennial, I thought it was a great step up, so many freedoms! But then it all just went downhill from there. My Freshman year (I'm a Junior currently) They issued the ID badges, which made many of the students feel labeled and surprisingly unsafe. Sophmore year they took away electronics other than phones. This year, they changed yet again and began the Hybrid schedule - which a lot of students have had many problems with. It is upsetting to hear your school referred to as the 'prison' or 'boot camp' by a new student, or someone from another school. (I can honestly say that I have heard it been referred to as such at least several times if not more). I wish I could love my school, but isn't the fact that kids need consistency going to come into play?

Centennial High School 3

Posted June 04, 2008
I believe the education my teen received was good. You get what you put into it. Some of the teachers are outstanding and are able to ignite a spark in the students. It is predominately LDS. That can be a problem, but there are other teen groups to get involved with. Sports are a predominate part of this schholl.

12400 West Mc Millan Rd, Boise, ID  83713
Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.