Borah Senior High School 4

Posted January 09, 2014
I attended Borah for all 3yrs of high school. I will say up front that I was not the best student, nor did I apply myself like I should have. That being said, most of the teachers were great. An Econ teacher that does not work there any more (I know this because I went to Borah during their lunch to talk to some old teachers) went above and beyond on a daily basis. Even when trying to slack off in some classes the instructors pushed for me to do my best regardless. Of course there were some that had the mindset of well if you dont want to do the work then dont and you can fail. The counselor I had is also a coach, he was probably the most important person in getting me into the right schedule to graduate. I did not partake in extra-curriculars as I felt that the sports there did have their own favorites. If you had the right background or name, you would play regardless of poor performance. There is quite a bit of diversity in this school, there are alot of refugees, African, Iranian/Iraqi/Bosnian etc. Mostly there were hispanic and African American students among the minority. If you push your kid at home too, they have all the tools to succeed at this school. Do extracurriculars!

Borah Senior High School 1

Posted December 18, 2007

Posted September 01, 2007
- a former student
The staff, music, sports, and events are all the best I'd experience in thirteen years of education within the Boise School Distrect. The spirit of that school, and the absolute values every staff member and student holds within that buiding is something like you'll never find anywhere else. I walked away from three years at Borah with a new found sence of pride, dignity, and self respect. Every year better than the last, Borah's ever changing diversity and story is bragged about by every person affected by it. Dominating in both sports and music, everywhere we went students at Borah turned heads and struck awe. My education at Borah, including, and never limited to my academic education put me through an amazing change for the better. I find I have a higher respect for others, and a more matured and emotional view on the impact expected from me on the world.

Borah Senior High School 1

Posted February 28, 2007

Posted August 16, 2006
- a former student
I am a former student of Borah High. I can honestly say I had an amazing 3 years. They went by way to fast! The staff/teachers are friendly and are willing to use their lunch period and/or free periods to help their students go above their potential. The music program is the best in the state. The music directors know their students and over the years the students strive to perform their best because of loyalty and dedication to their program. The hardwork of the directors is what makes their individual program hold the records it has today. The yearbook advisor and english teacher is an amazing teacher. She's one of the teachers that makes a lasting impression on a students life. Borah couldn't ask for a better teacher than her. Even after graduation, students still write/email/call/visit their former teachers because of the impression the teachers left.

Borah Senior High School 4

Posted January 19, 2005

Posted October 06, 2004
My daughter is having a lot of fun at borah, shes making a lot of new friends and loves most of her teachers. shes on dance team and they have many great experiences, she supports her team and other organizations at the school, it has helped her to become a better person

Posted January 13, 2004

Posted September 09, 2003
Teachers are wonderful. Football- Varsity coach is too demeaning to kids. Unfair and unsafe practices. The principal and staff is awesome.

Posted August 24, 2003
I have taught at Borah for 32 years. There's no better place to educate your child in the state of Idaho. Borah graduates are the most loyal of alumni.

Borah Senior High School
6001 Cassia St, Boise, ID  83709
Last modified Borah Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Borah Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top