Bad
Good

I attended Borah for all 3yrs of high school. I will say up front that I was not the best student, nor did I apply myself like I should have. That being said, most of the teachers were great. An Econ teacher that does not work there any more (I know this because I went to Borah during their lunch to talk to some old teachers) went above and beyond on a daily basis. Even when trying to slack off in some classes the instructors pushed for me to do my best regardless. Of course there were some that had the mindset of well if you dont want to do the work then dont and you can fail. The counselor I had is also a coach, he was probably the most important person in getting me into the right schedule to graduate. I did not partake in extra-curriculars as I felt that the sports there did have their own favorites. If you had the right background or name, you would play regardless of poor performance. There is quite a bit of diversity in this school, there are alot of refugees, African, Iranian/Iraqi/Bosnian etc. Mostly there were hispanic and African American students among the minority. If you push your kid at home too, they have all the tools to succeed at this school. Do extracurriculars!

The staff, music, sports, and events are all the best I'd experience in thirteen years of education within the Boise School Distrect. The spirit of that school, and the absolute values every staff member and student holds within that buiding is something like you'll never find anywhere else. I walked away from three years at Borah with a new found sence of pride, dignity, and self respect. Every year better than the last, Borah's ever changing diversity and story is bragged about by every person affected by it. Dominating in both sports and music, everywhere we went students at Borah turned heads and struck awe. My education at Borah, including, and never limited to my academic education put me through an amazing change for the better. I find I have a higher respect for others, and a more matured and emotional view on the impact expected from me on the world.

Last modified Borah Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.