Boise, ID
Students enrolled: 1,321

Posted July 14, 2015
Latin club was rated best program in state. CHS offers French, German, Spanish, and Latin languages. Plenty of clubs, plenty of class choices and electives. Debate team always does well! The administration works miracles! Whatever classes you need, they will get you in them. I moved here from a different state and was missing a lot of required classes. I graduated alongside everyone else on time! The teachers are wonderful. The students all feel like family, and in my time at CHS I never once witnessed bullying, nor was I bullied as an overweight student. Everyone was really friendly, attentive, and helpful. The principal and VPs all knew me by name, and not because I got into trouble! This school has ranked in the top 10 schools of Idaho for a long time and I'm so proud to be an eagle!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 14, 2015
There weren't new assignments everyday. We always had class time to at the very least start on it. Teachers were available for a long time. They always fell into a steady, predictable routine so students weren't blindsided by a project or assignment. Best of all, if a student felt overwhelmed by a workload for whatever reason, they were able to get an extension so long as there was communication.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
Absolutely. The students were all so close. Everyone knew everyone and no one ever bullied anyone. I'm sure there were some pockets of gossip in some groups, but there was an air of love and family there in the school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
The teachers treat the students like human beings, not like prisoners. They are motviated from a place of desiring to inspire, not to punish or assert dominance. I've attended some pretty "interesting" schools, and this school definitely makes sure that students get into the habit of being responsible, and behaving as stand up citizens.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 14, 2015
My teachers got to know me on a personal level. I had a teacher who would stay until 5pm and help me try to understand a subject that was incredibly difficult for me. They were all incredibly professional and it was clear they teach because they care, not because they needed a job. I highly recommend this school!

Posted April 26, 2013
the school is great. you get to learn about what collage you would like to visit. some people from the collages come to talk to you about what the school is about. if it want for the school I wouldn't be going to Paul Mitchel to shadow on Tuesday. this will give me the opportunity to see if i really like cosmetology .

Posted June 16, 2009
Capital High is the best! The teachers are amazing and are dedicated to helping all of the students in any way they can. Capital has great variety. There are many AP classes that arent offered at other Boise schools, and there are so many clubs and sports to join, everyone can find their niche. Our school spirit just cant be rivaled, we all take great pride in being Eagles. Plus, students are so friendly and nice that it all adds up to a great place to go to school.

Posted September 13, 2008
Capital is one amazing school. It provides so much diversity. The teachers try their hardest to see eye to eye with every student. The staff does an amazing job at creating healthy relationships with all the students. There are so many ways to get involved as well.

Posted March 14, 2007
Capital is an amazing school with many opportunities for it's students. They offer many AP classes that other Boise schools do not,plus they have a ton of extracurricular activities and clubs. They also have very good music and art programs and the teachers there are wonderful and leave a lasting impression on students. Capital also has one of the most diverse student bodies in the Boise area. The students there seem to receive an excellent education and enjoy the social aspects of the school as well

Posted July 13, 2003
Capital is a great school that has many different oppertunities for the students and has some of the best teachers

8055 Goddard Rd, Boise, ID  83704
Last modified Capital Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capital Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top