Bad
Good

The administration has no respect for students. The VP wouldn't respect my desire to simply be respected when I was feeling disrespected by a teacher who acted out of line. He informed me I had no freedom of speech there and I was simply to blindly follow whatever I was told while I was attending there. I was then suspended for a week (first time ever getting in trouble and I had a 4.8 GPA, not a bad student) and then kicked me out of two of my classes that the suspension had made me go over allowed absences (this was just a show of power, they don't usually kick you out of classes for going over allowed absences) which dropped me down to a 4.2 GPA which I wasn't happy about. The staff there have zero respect for the students, there is a huge divide between the two and if you express your opinion and it's different from theirs they will come down on you as hard as possible in the hopes of getting you kicked out. I will never have my sons attend here.

Develops character: Disagree

They don't hold themselves to the same standard as the students which doesn't develop honesty, integrity, or fairness.

Latin club was rated best program in state. CHS offers French, German, Spanish, and Latin languages. Plenty of clubs, plenty of class choices and electives. Debate team always does well! The administration works miracles! Whatever classes you need, they will get you in them. I moved here from a different state and was missing a lot of required classes. I graduated alongside everyone else on time! The teachers are wonderful. The students all feel like family, and in my time at CHS I never once witnessed bullying, nor was I bullied as an overweight student. Everyone was really friendly, attentive, and helpful. The principal and VPs all knew me by name, and not because I got into trouble! This school has ranked in the top 10 schools of Idaho for a long time and I'm so proud to be an eagle!

Amount of homework: Agree

There weren't new assignments everyday. We always had class time to at the very least start on it. Teachers were available for a long time. They always fell into a steady, predictable routine so students weren't blindsided by a project or assignment. Best of all, if a student felt overwhelmed by a workload for whatever reason, they were able to get an extension so long as there was communication.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers treat the students like human beings, not like prisoners. They are motviated from a place of desiring to inspire, not to punish or assert dominance. I've attended some pretty "interesting" schools, and this school definitely makes sure that students get into the habit of being responsible, and behaving as stand up citizens.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My teachers got to know me on a personal level. I had a teacher who would stay until 5pm and help me try to understand a subject that was incredibly difficult for me. They were all incredibly professional and it was clear they teach because they care, not because they needed a job. I highly recommend this school!

the school is great. you get to learn about what collage you would like to visit. some people from the collages come to talk to you about what the school is about. if it want for the school I wouldn't be going to Paul Mitchel to shadow on Tuesday. this will give me the opportunity to see if i really like cosmetology .

Capital High is the best! The teachers are amazing and are dedicated to helping all of the students in any way they can. Capital has great variety. There are many AP classes that arent offered at other Boise schools, and there are so many clubs and sports to join, everyone can find their niche. Our school spirit just cant be rivaled, we all take great pride in being Eagles. Plus, students are so friendly and nice that it all adds up to a great place to go to school.

Capital is one amazing school. It provides so much diversity. The teachers try their hardest to see eye to eye with every student. The staff does an amazing job at creating healthy relationships with all the students. There are so many ways to get involved as well.

Capital is an amazing school with many opportunities for it's students. They offer many AP classes that other Boise schools do not,plus they have a ton of extracurricular activities and clubs. They also have very good music and art programs and the teachers there are wonderful and leave a lasting impression on students. Capital also has one of the most diverse student bodies in the Boise area. The students there seem to receive an excellent education and enjoy the social aspects of the school as well

Last modified Capital Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.