Boise, ID

Posted January 04, 2013
My children transferred to this school just recently. The office staff Ms.Myra has been very caring, empathetic, and efficient in getting things done to make our transition smooth as possible. She has been giving us advise over the phone since before we left another state! I'm not sure how interaction with teachers and other staffs will be so can't rate for them, but remarkable office person such as Ms.Myra sure makes this school valuable!

Posted July 16, 2012
Recently the school got a new principal and the school has improved 100%! Mrs. Donovan is so involved with all the students. My daughter was in Mrs. Galeone's 1st grade class last year and we LOVED her so much! She is a wonderful teacher and can't say enough about her. The staff in the office could use some skills in communication and not ignoring parents when they walk inside, but the teaching staff and admin. is amazing! Keep up the great work!

Garfield Elementary School 3

Posted May 03, 2011
Last year my child had a hard time and I am certain it was because of her teacher. Kindergarten should be a fun experience and not a trip to the principals office or a threat to call your parents every 5 minutes. I am not saying my child was not difficult but.. This was a first year teacher (Miss Mitchell) who clearly clashed with my child... and lacked the skills needed to control a classroom... This year I am pleased to say that we have a great teacher in Miss Metzger... a 180 to be exact!!! I follow up the previous statement with something I witnessed at the fist school open house of the season... my child went to hug her Kindergarten teacher to say hello... The teacher seemed repelled by my child.. I was so livid and pleased that we no longer had to deal with Miss Mitchell.... she is snooty and apparently only wants the higher achieving students in her classroom... So this LOW rating is for Miss Mitchell.. who I have noticed really has not changed her demeanor much this year.

Garfield Elementary School 3

Posted July 10, 2010
Garfield is an okay school. Teachers and staff all really care about the children but they are so busy with crowded classrooms that students do not always get the attention they need. Also there are many medium to low level students that require most of the teacher's time. The above average students are not pushed to be better but rather and encouraged to be mediocre.

Posted April 23, 2010
This school's principal is wonderful and seems to care about each and every student at the school. The teachers are terrific and take the time to help all of their students reach their full potential. The teachers not only help the children in their own class, but do their best to help all of the students.

Posted November 12, 2009
After my sons first quarter I must say that I am impressed. The best thing I have noted so far is how comfortable my son is at school. He loves the environment, and all the teachers and staff go out of there way to create a possitive learning environment. Thank you Garfield staff.

Posted November 06, 2009
This school is amazing my son has enjoyed going to garfield. The teachers welcome parent participation and treat each child differently based on their personality and learning style. The school has many teacher and family activities through out the year not just twice a year for conferences. I love this school.

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted June 29, 2009
I have had two children attend Garfield. The teachers and administrators care about each child. The principal seems to know every child's name. Teachers are very energetic and care about the scholastic accomplishments of the children. At the end of each year, the teachers and administrators gather together to decide which personalities mesh together (teacher and student) to place students for the next year. Also, Title Tutors are available to children who are lacking in any area for any grade. I volunteered for a few hours each week and there were never less that two adults in the classroom at one time - whether it is a BSU student or aide. The actual school structure is quite old, yet well maintained and there is a new playground that the children raised money to purchase. Extra activities Garfield provide are the GATE program, choir, orchestra and competitive basketball.

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted May 03, 2009

Posted October 26, 2008
My kids have attended Garfield for the past 6 years, and we have really enjoyed our experience!

Garfield Elementary School
1914 Broadway Ave, Boise, ID  83706
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top