Bad
Good

This has been a wonderful school for my son, I have been thrilled with every aspect. My child has had amazing support with the things he has struggled with and the team at Monroe has really made what could have been a hard year a great year.

Bad 3rd grade teacher who is not dedicated to his students.Class DoJo program takes the place of his controlling his kids.wish I had known what kind of teacher he was before my daughter was assigned Principal and office staff avoid their post.Too bad because this school can be a great one.

I love this school. My kids go there because they are in the GATE program, which is really wonderful. They are learning so many interesting things and the teachers are awesome. The principal is great, and the secretary is so friendly. They have Mile Club, which is where the kids can walk or run around the track and earn tokens. It's a really good program. Everybody at Monroe seems invested in making it a great school. We love it and highly recommend it!

I love this school it is absolutely amazing.They have so much fun there bad the teachers are great. When your new they welcome you in and you never turn back because you have already made so many friends I have only been there 3 years and I know most of the teachers and over half the students. Anyway this school is great and I love it you would too.

Monroe is a great neighborhood school! The principal is not the quality desired for an Elementary principal!! His background is Jr. High level, he does forget these are elementry student not Jr. High. I have seen belittle staff in front of other staff and parents!. His discipline plan changes from classroom to classroom or depending on who the parents are! He is really a Bully! Not the type of environment I want my child to be in!

We have three children here and couldn't be happier. We've moved around a bit and what a genuine treat to be at a school with such an attentive and wonderful principal, great opportunities for our gifted child and excellent teachers for all our children. I couldn't believe the turnout at PTA meeting--especially the support from teachers and staff too. They do so much with so little (resources and funding). Our experience at Monroe has truly been a gift.

One of the few neighborhood schools left in the district. Small but needs more funding for extra's that the larger schools have. Even that said their scores are in the top ten schools in the district. The volunteer system is great in the lower grades.

This is a truely good school! It is small, with teachers who care about kids first!

Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.