Bad
Good

What a positive and cozy feeling I get when I walk into this school! I am always greeted with a smile by the helpful secretary. I had two children attend Mountain View from 2003-2015. Every teacher they had from Kindergarten through sixth grade were professional, over-achieving educators. The teachers have high expectations and are there to help kids achieve their goals. They always had time to talk to me about any concerns I had and addressed them immediately. They were prepared for moving on with their education and continue to thrive at their Jr. High and High Schools. I highly recommend this school.

This is a horrible school with horrible staff. If you have a special needs child do NOT send your child here. The special needs teacher is uneducated in her field and does not recognize disabilities. She was abusive, cruel, and detrimental to my sons well being and education. The school psychologist was just as bad. They basically made an uneducated assumption about my child after knowing him for 10 days. Did not care about my child's diagnosis and did not care what his Dr's had to say to them. It is my opinion that they were working against me, the parent, the Dr's and my child...so that I would pull him out of this school so they would not have to "deal" with him. Also, if you care about your child's education....won't get a good one here. My child came from another public school and the curriculum they were teaching he had learned in previous grades at his previous school. If I could give this school a negative rating I would. My child was traumatized here!

My son was bullied none stop in 2008 at this school. I went to the principal MANY times!! I begged for my son to be moved to a different class. My son completely shut down, wouldn't even write his name on his paper, threw huge fits in the morning B4 school. The principal asked my to stop saying my son was "beat up" in one of the MANY meetings we had. I said "Fine, I would please like my son to STOP being Assaulted!! My son was punched in the stomach, kicked, scratched, given countless wedgies, papers and books would be torn out of his backpack as well. It was such a nightmare!! I used my mothers address, to enroll him in a different school!!

This school has talented teachers at all grade levels. They work hard to challenge all ability levels. Many of the teachers there bring their kids to this school with them! There are SMART Boards in every classroom. This is a great neighborhood school where the staff cares for all students.

Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.