North Junior High School 3

Posted May 31, 2014
I go to North currently, and for the most part I love it. Currently in 8th grade, the etchers are great. Go Blue Wave! The school is okay when it comes to bullying, and the clubs are not so good. For me, bullying has been a big issue. There are only a few people at this school who aren't stuck-up rich kids with a love of hurting people. There is a problem with cliques, and like I said before, in FCA (fellowship of christian athletes) all the populars come and steal the free pizza. I am a strong christian and i don't go anymore because there is no longer a safe spot in that club. I have only a few friends, but the teachers are amazing. I have to say that inappropriate behavior and drugs are a large number in this school, and that it is hard to avoid people involved in them.

North Junior High School 5

Posted May 19, 2014
I love this school. I went here all 3 years and it was the best junior high in the valley, no doubt. You don't want your kids going to east. That area is either very wealthy or extremely poor. This creates a lot of chaos and separation. North is welcoming and there's a group for everyone. I highly recommend it.

Posted May 10, 2014
This school is really good when it comes academically you could be below or above and still have really good grades. However some teachers are not like this and tend not to help out at all and then you fail there class or quizzes that everyone else did fail. As well this school is the most dysfunctional school the dress code and cell phone law are outrages. The principle and assistant principle don't do anything about people breaking dress code or cell phone laws . The drug problem got really extremely bad this year and I'm thinking about moving schools probably to east a better functional school.

Posted January 26, 2014
My youth enjoyed the crowd of kids at North. The only complaint we have is the amount of negative talk between teachers about students. This school is set up in teams. In my experience the teachers got together sharing information about a student . The gossip about students by the teachers are about equal to the gossip by students about students. About half of the teachers are great teachers. Two im particular who are fantastic teachers are Mrs.Williams and Mr. Rowe. Fun people, who clearly enjoy their jobs! The P.E. Teachers are fantastic as well. If you can afford to enroll your child in a private or art school, I highly recommend that you do so. My child's least favorite subjects were due to the "teacher's tone and sarcasm". Specifically Mrs. Goddard. Be careful if you are trusting your youth to get to school on their own. Although it is a school zone, many drivers are in such a hurry to get downtown or to Boise High School, I have seen MANY scarey situations. Little attention for traffic control, including chaos of dropping off kids on three sides of the school. There is no enforcement or organization for drop off.

North Junior High School 1

Posted November 22, 2013
BTD at BHS but now I am ALOL. Dr. T thinks she is the HBIC. The reality is the students are in charge. Last year I found a memo with names of teachers being replaced, I copied it and put it in the teachers mail boxes. WTFGDA! The ADMIN was accusing teachers for the next week, and WAFM! So then my BFF and I wrote a letter urging teachers to get out of the BIZ. Another storm where the ADMIN thought the teachers were F**king themselves. WAFM! No, I am pretty sure the students run NJHS, or should we call it SNAFU!

North Junior High School 1

Posted November 20, 2013
North JHS used to be a great school before the era of Dr. Thaemert and Steve Novotny. The school went from a 4 star rating to a 3 star this past year and will probably drop again. The students now run the school not the admin or teachers. Custodians have found alcohol containers in the bathrooms after break, students are trapping teachers with cell phone recordings, Novotny flirts with the reading and French teachers rather than do his job, discipline is at an all time low, there have been multiple teacher scandals. The one positive thing is that if you ask the administration to move your kid if they don't like a teacher they will do it for you no problem. This is key because some of the teachers will give out EOC study guides that resemble the test or are the exact test. This is an advantage when it comes to your child's over all grade point average. After all they are all competing for scholarships. If you can get a permission to attend, go to East! North is falling apart!

Posted November 20, 2013
I used to go to NJHS back in the day. I have been away for a couple years and I have moved back to the area. It is a shame that North has gone down hill. It used to be a great school. Thanks for the previous comment, I will look into East for my kids.

North Junior High School 4

Posted April 15, 2012
My child transferred to North from a small school and easily adapted. Each grade is divided into two teams with one set of teachers assigned to that team. It's like having six small schools. For kids who wish to accelerate, they can still take full advantage of TVMSc and upper grade classes. I completely agree with the other parents re: children with learning disabilities. They are decades behind the research and the law in dealing with special needs kids. Boise School District in general prefers to deny services rather than comply.

North Junior High School 4

Posted February 20, 2012
My 7th Grade Student is having a lot of fun at North Jr. High. He has some challenging classes, and some that are giving him social benefits. I really love the school's orchestra! (I also enrolled him at TVMSC, which is much more challenging)

North Junior High School 5

Posted August 30, 2011
My daughter attended catholic school 1st through 5th grade followed by one year at a public charter (with plans to become IB) prior to enrolling at North for 7th grade. We are very impressed with the staff, counselors and faculty. The transition from small, private to big public has been far less stressful than anticipated. North really cares. They listen. They're rewriting the book for "public education". Don't waste your money or worse, your childs education on private/charter schools.

North Junior High School
1105 North 13th St, Boise, ID  83702
Last modified North Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top