Pierce Park Elementary School 4

Posted November 27, 2013
I went to Pierce park elementary years ago and I still have many fond memories. I'm happy to hear its still a wonderful school. I still remember some of my favorite teachers. Mrs. Gibson who was my 2nd grade teacher, Mr. Sawyer and Mr. Budganoski (imsure spelling is incorrect) but that was just an amazing place to attend school and I'm so glad its still helping enrich kids lives these days.

Posted December 11, 2012
This is currently the ONLY school that I have found, in the U.S. who is offering the Classical Curriculum as a free public school. Every other school offering this curriculum is a private school. The curriculum is extraordinary and the teachers and principal make the implementation genius. The kids at this school are far surpassing grade level expectations across the board. They learn World history, Latin and classic literature. The things that my kids talk about over the dinner table are most of the times news to me. They talk to each other in Latin and can tell you about the Roman empire. This school has far surpassed all expectations. I wouldn't take them any where else if you paid me. Also, I'm not sure what a previous reviewer was talking about, this school is not high income. It is actually a Title One school. But don't let that fool you, they are doing amazing things within those walls!

Posted August 24, 2011
I have two kids at Pierce Park Elem and we have been very happy with it. Pierce Park now houses the Boise Classical Program. It has a good breadth of content (world history, Latin, classic literature, intensive writing, art, music, strong math, etc). The principal and teachers are very interested in parent input and have the power to choose a more rigorous and solid curriculum than some of the other local area schools. My kids are learning lots and they love the friendly environment.

Posted April 14, 2010
It's a smaller public elementary school, where all of the staff knows each of the students. They enforce the no bullying policy, unlike some schools that have it in place but never do anything about it, which creates a warm and safe environment for the students to learn and do their best.

Posted January 15, 2010
We are new to the school and we have loved it from the very 1st day. Everybody knows our names and make sure they say hi to us and tell us how wonderful our girls are. Our girls are thriving here and have never been happier. Thank you pierce park. We truly love everything about you!

Posted April 15, 2008

Posted April 20, 2004
This school provided both of my children with a positive, hands on education! I couldn't have found a better school if I had paid for private schooling. The Staff really care about each and every student, and Mrs. Anderson is very dedicated to ensuring each and every child receives the education they deserve. I found this school to also have a very active PTO, that was not afraid to do what was necessary to make sure the school suceeds. This school is the best example of family, teacher, principal, community harmony I have found. I wish more schools would take note, care a little more about education, and a little less about statistics.

Pierce Park Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2004
Pierce Park has had a postive influince on my children. All are in school now and doing wonderful. The teachers are very understanding and know how to teach.

Pierce Park Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2003
This school does not have the remedial reading and math programs that my daughter needed. They were available at her former school, Whittier Elementary, but due to the fact that this school is located in a high-income area, these programs are severely cut back. My daughter's teacher explained to us that these programs were more readily available at the former school, due to the fact that it is located in a low-income area, therefore less parents could afford outside tutoring. I have chosen to homeschool my daughter for her 6th grade year now, because she was not able to get any help at Pierce Park. She should not have been passed through the 5th grade, but was passed because her teacher graded her on 4th grade work.

Pierce Park Elementary School
5015 North Pierce Park Ln, Boise, ID  83714
Last modified Pierce Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pierce Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top