PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted May 13, 2013
I had 2 children who went to this school. Both have now graduated from College and the 2nd is now working on his Masters degree. This school gave them a great foundation!

Posted March 15, 2013
I had my three kids in PreK through 3rd grade over the coarse of five years until we moved away. The teachers did a great job of teaching the kids academically, spiritually, and socially. They made a point to teach the kids good character traits including following the golden rule so that mistreatment and/or bullying was stopped before it really had any chance to start. I love how the student:teacher ratio is low and the kids get plenty of individual attention from their teachers. Also, my kids have expressed a feeling of belonging and closeness within the student body that they have not felt in their new schools since we have moved away. We all have many fond memories of this school. If I still lived nearby, my kids would have stayed in that school until they graduated. I would recommend this school to anybody interested in a high quality Christian education for their kids.

Posted January 21, 2013
For the past seven years I have been involved at Boise Valley Adventist school, both as a staff member and more recently as an independent instructor. I have found my experience there to be excellent. As with all institutions, BVAS has had its ups and downs over the years, but I have definitely seen an upward trend over the past 2 1/2 years. I believe there has been a marked improved in the spiritual atmosphere and the professional attitude. This appears to have been due to the efforts of both the administration and the staff in their endeavors to hold to a high standard for their students. In reference to the comment below regarding politics at the school, it has been my observation that this has been the product of gossip and not unfair treatment of the parents and students. Thank you BVAS for your spiritual and academic values!

Posted January 07, 2013
We are so thrilled to have our children at Boise Valley Adventist School! Finally we have found a school that has execellent and dedicated teachers, helpful staff, and a campus dedicated to teaching not only the basics but also encourages a relationship with our Lord, Jesus Christ! As a parent, I couldn't be happier with the curriculum. I feel that my children are being asked to reach for a higher standard and they are being given the tools to reach that standard.

Posted January 02, 2013
We have 2 children that attend BVAS and would have them no where else! They are thriving acadmically, growing socially and prospering spiritually. The principal is top notch and brings unity to the BVAS family. The staff is outstanding and I couldn't be happier with them! There is not a perfect church, a perfect job, a perfect school, a perfect family, etc . . . but when you have individuals that respect one another, it's a really good place to be! God is here!!!

Boise Valley Adventist School 1

Posted October 09, 2011
I attended BVAS many years ago for 5 years. Some of the teachers and staff have left - others remain the same. I was very unhappy at this school. When I was in fourth grade we had to write a story. Like most fourth graders I had was still learning how to spell - especially since my family immigrated to America and recently (first year) moved to Boise from California. The teacher would not help me spell and had me sit in my desk all day missing recess until I spelled every word right. I was the only one, all the other children continued with math and science lessons. By the end of the day she took my unfinished paper and wrote in red pen THROUGH, EVERY, and other words where I scribbled incorrect spellings of words. I was only 9. That stands out the most, but time and time again the teachers and staff were not understanding and did not go out of their way to help students. Like I mentioned before some of the staff and teachers are now gone, therefore it might be different. My experience however I wish my parents would have sent me somewhere else.

Posted September 08, 2011
BVAS has exceeded our expectations. We have 2 children enrolled & the communication between teachers/parent and teachers/student is excellent. We are extremely pleased that it IS CHRIST centered & it is evident when you talk with the students and staff. This school has great leadership and challenging academics. My children are excited to go to school everyday and to talk about Jesus & are encouraged to pray. It has already made an impact in our lives. Keep up the good work Boise Valley Adventist!

Posted January 10, 2011
After a change in administration, this school is now able to breathe, flourish and grow. All the teachers there are very devoted to Christ and demonstrating a Christian character to the students they teach. The students receive a well-rounded education receiving classes in not only the 3-R's, but also Bible, art, music, computer and physical education. When you walk into the school, you immediately notice that it's different from other schools. Everyone has a smile on their face and is happy to be there; teachers and students alike. I would highly recommend sending your child to this Christ centered school.

Posted October 10, 2009
This school offers great relationships between students, parents and teachers. If the true nature of this school were known, there would be many more students.

Posted August 15, 2009
BVAS is academically very poor (especially in grades 5 - 8). The upper grade teachers have had high turn-over and seem disinterested in the students. The politics are petty and unchristian. The classroom sizes are shrinking (there are two grades in each classroom and the teacher's time is split between the grades so it can be difficult to get answers to questions, etc.). Overall, an extremely disappointing experience and not worth the money.

925 North Cloverdale Road, Boise, ID  83713
Last modified Boise Valley Adventist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8