Roosevelt Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2014
Well this is my eldest childs 5th year. I have three hildren that attend. So far I am not impressed. There is little accountability and follow thru. My kids often had no idea what was expected of them. Where treated more like a college student then small children when it came to instruction. Most of the time none of my kids had any idea what was going on or what was expected of them. I felt more like school was treated like daycare. I send my kids to school to learn and follow thru, not have teachers just wait out the clock. I hope this year the staff puts more effort into making sure their students comprehend the instruction before starting the task rather then waiting until halfway thru the year to tell the parent, have the parent tell them they need to follow thru and keep them in on recess if they are not understanding the tasks and assignments. Even when we did tell the teacher that, she still failed to follow thru and give consequences. We expect more from the education system.

Posted August 04, 2014
We Love Roosevelt!!! The Principal, Mrs. Bronner is wonderful and we are already looking forward to Dr. Suess week this upcoming year. Mrs. Tammy Wangsgard has the patience of a saint and with Ms. Clark's help last year our 1st grade son went from a reluctant reader to an enthusiastic bookworm :) Ms. Tina always has a smile for the kids as well as for the parents and does an awesome job keeping an eye on the children in the playground. Thanks Roosevelt Staff!! ~ You are Dooley Appreciated ;)

Posted May 23, 2014
This school is worse than any other school I have ever been involved with! The principal is incapable of quality leadership; the classroom and Special Ed teachers demonstrate a lack of competency. The atmosphere is unwelcoming and very cold to parents. Disorganization runs consistency throughout all departments most noticeably the 3,6 & elective classes! I would NOT recommend this school to anyone!

Posted February 22, 2013
I'm so surprised to read the negative reviews about Roosevelt. This is a wonderful neighborhood school! I have now had two children attend, and with the exception of one teacher who has since retired, we have had a great experience. All of the teachers are very loving and kind. The administrative staff is responsive, open, and protective their students. The Principal, Ms. Bronner, is constantly in the halls interacting with students and knows each of them by name. Math comes easy to one of my children and his teacher has been super at supporting him through a more advanced curriculum. He is now mastering multiplication and division in the 2nd grade. There is a high level of parental involvement and many opportunities for parents to interact with your child and school staff. I will add that although there are families with quite a bit of money who attend Roosevelt, we are not one of them. And I have never felt that we are unable to access the best of what the school has to offer.

Posted August 27, 2012
Although not perfect as no school is. I have found it to be a happy uplifting environment for my children. So far all the teachers are exceptional.

Roosevelt Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2012
Last year at Roosevelt was positive for us due to a great kindergarten teacher. This year has been mundane at best. The Principal has been mocking and dismissive of my questions and concerns. Basically, the school's aim is to teach to the middle and they refuse to go above and beyond for individual kids unless forced to by outside testing. Be aware that the main demographic at this school is wealthy. Parents here have a lot of money to enrich their students with lessons and activities that are offered through the school and your child will be constantly reminded of the many activities that his/her friends attend but you perhaps cannot afford. In general, the staff is cold once you get to know them. Next year we're switching to a school with a community feel.

Roosevelt Elementary School 2

Posted December 27, 2011
My childs first year with Roosevelt Elementary was close to having a nightmare. She often came home saying school was boring, too easy. I felt a great distance in relationship quality between us and the staff. Principal felt cold to us and was little interested in helping us figure out what the problem was. Our second year is going better, changed teachers, which is better, but retained the same principal, which has not changed, still cold.

Posted June 22, 2011
Im glad someones year was warm sunshines and a cookie for every pat on the back. My kid got ignored by this school when she showed any sign of being smart their answer was to have her tudor kids. Isnt that the teachers job? They showed no interest in advancing her knowledge or encouraging her?

Posted June 02, 2011
This school is disappointing. The staff is very codescending. They have never made me feel welcome. It seems they want to play more at this school Than actually learn anything. My neices and nephews from other school are learng alot more.

Posted March 04, 2011
My child has had the best school year at Roosevelt! The teachers have been very supportive and the principal is friendly and a great communicator. My child attends through open-enrollment and our family is extremely grateful for the opportunities Roosevelt's staff has provided for core subject learning including music. Parents are also actively involved in the success of the school. Personal responsibility and achievement are encouraged and rewarded. Kudos and many thanks for a beautiful school year!

Roosevelt Elementary School
908 East Jefferson St, Boise, ID  83712
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.