Posted June 25, 2014
I have been at Whitney for 5 years now the new building is amazing. Every teacher puts a special touch when teaching their students. I have had my expectations exceeded every year. I cannot wait for my other two daughters to start attending.

Posted April 28, 2014
This school is focused on the sucess of each student. The same rules of conduct are on each student.

Posted January 17, 2014
This is a great school. I am so impressed with all the teachers and especially the principle. My kids are not in the district but have been going to the dual language program since it started. My kids absolutely love school because of the great teachers they have had and that makes a huge difference in them excelling in school. Principle Lovelace and many of the other staff know almost all the kids by name making them feel special like they are part of a community. It is a safe place for them to learn and to make lifelong friends. This is just a great school and I am proud that my kids are going to this school and look forward to my youngest going there as well!

Posted May 04, 2011
The principal makes this school! When you have a dedicated, intelligent, caring and aware principal you have a trickledown effect, she has set the tone for the entire staff who all display excellence. This is a wonderful school, I could not have asked for more for my two children, one of which is in the extended resource room where there is a terrific and talented group of special education teachers and aids who have brought about incredible progress in my child. This school may be in a poorer area, but it is rich in those things that matter most for my children.

Posted November 01, 2010
The Principal at this school gets it. She isn't looking the other way and turning away from the monumental problems. I would much follow a leader that sees all of the problems and potential set backs than the ones that put up a blid eye to Terrible poverty.

Whitney Elementary School 0

Posted August 13, 2008
I have four children and three of them have attended Whitney and they have the most caring staff from the Principal all the way to the janitor. I do not live in this area but I drive my kids there because they are so great to my children and myself.

Posted August 16, 2007
My kids went Whitney last year and I love the teachers and staff!! They kept me informed about my children thoughout the schoolyear, and I even talk to them in the summer.

Posted November 11, 2005
My daughter attended this school for only a month before transfering and I loved the school The teachers, students and princepal are all wonderful. I truly miss that school as so does my daughter. She was able to form a strong bond with most teachers there. For anyone moving to the Boise school district put your child into this school, you will not be sorry. Espcially if you have Mrs. Taylor for the 2nd grade teacher.

Whitney Elementary School
1609 South Owyhee St, Boise, ID  83705
Last modified Whitney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitney Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top