Posted January 30, 2013
This is a top-notch high school, one you will want to apply to have your child attend if you are in another Boise school district area. Here are some things I appreciate about THS, as a parent: 1. Academics. In every department there are nationally awarded teachers, many with advanced degrees. Your child will find out quickly who these teachers are. Request those teachers at registration time; the counselors are awesome at honoring requests, if there is a good reason for them. Not all requests are accepted, of course. 2. Environment for growing up. As a teacher myself, I've seen other local high schools (such as Boise) where all students don't feel welcome, where they dread going to school every day. At THS, there are typical issues like at any school. However, the counselors and administration are very keen on helping all students succeed, not just the AP students. 3. Resources for parents. I appreciate the outreach of the Career Center in particular for keeping parents informed about what is important for their children. Lori Lodge in particular is so great at keeping us informed. I would recommend Timberline to ANYONE in Boise!

Posted September 28, 2012
The rating for Timberline High School is a FIVE across the board for good reason! Those of us who know Timberline best--who are students and parents of T-line students--know the high quality of the teachers, programs, administration and facility. Seeing where the students go on to college, how many get excellent scholarships, how many end up in careers that are so rewarding, and how many students come back to speak in Timberline classes--this is all evidence of an excellent, top-notch high school. Our family is so fortunate we live in the school district that includes Timberline High School. We would want our daughters to go to no other school in the Boise area. No other school even comes close to what our children can get from Timberline!

Timberline High School 3

Posted October 18, 2011
Although, Timberline High School demonstrates above average scores in comparison to other districts, I would not be able to give it a 5-star rating. The issues I have seen and heard from multiple parents and students are many. Concerns that need addressing: - Too many movies and handouts are relied upon for learning. - The clique groups and bullying are everywhere, but like many schools, the problem goes unresolved. - Teacher's lack of self-respect and classroom control. Students speak rudely and cuss at faculty and the teachers don't really have a consequence. - The inappropriate clothing worn by girls is mind boggling. It is CLEARLY stated in the handbooks, but are there any consequences?? No! Who is really in charge in this school? - Students are texting in class and teacher's don't do anything about this either. - Sports players are given preferential treatment by coaches. Students clearly witness this. If I could recommend a high school that would be a better fit for most high school students, I would have to suggest Boise High. Check them out. Timberline clearly has some weaknesses and areas of improvement.

Posted April 19, 2011
Our daughter is in her junior year at Timberline and has loved it from day one. She is getting an excellent education and has made wonderful friends. My daughter is not a 'clique' kind of girl and she has fit right in. The majority of her friends are highly motivated students, intent on pursuing a college degree. There is an excellent college/career center to help students plan for their futures. There is a good selection of AP classes, and those teachers are excellent. Overall, we have been pleased with all but just one teacher. All of her teachers are willing to work through lunch to help her if she doesn't understand something, and they will also meet before or after school. The music and drama programs are exceptional, and she has several friends who enjoy participating in sports. I think communication between teachers and parents is better than most schools - they really work hard to keep parents informed. I would definitely recommend Timberline.

Posted February 22, 2009
Timberline is definitely not the best school in the district. It's clique-oriented to a very large degree and far too focused on athletics. There are some good teachers, but most of the students have known each other forever and are more interested in gossip than academic achievement. I'm disappointed and feel that THS needs some work.

Posted January 25, 2008
Timberline is seriously the best high school you can imagine for you kids if you are a parent, and its what kids picture as that perfect high school experience. From the academics to the athletcis to the social life all aspects of Timberline High School are superior!

Posted December 16, 2007
Excellent school. Teavhers are very good. Administrationis top-notch. The students are the most friendly and involved of any school in Boise and surrounding districts. I am a sub and I teach all over the district. I have one child at Timberline. She loves the school.

Posted November 27, 2007
I go here, so it's only expected that I actually like my school. But other wise it's a nice place to be, we have a good facility and good teachers. The kids are willing to be friends and we have very talented students all around.

Posted April 04, 2006
The teachers are great, the academics are fantastic, but the students need some work. This school seems to have the most unfriendly students! Seems to be the consensus around Boise from the People I have talked to that Timberline High School is the last school you want to send your kids to in Boise. Maybe you should take a look at how the students interact(or lack thereof)with each other. I hope this will enlighten some of the staff to educate the students to maybe turn things around. (It's OK to be freindly, it doesn't mean you're weak). I think Timberline has potential, it just needs some therapy.

Posted October 11, 2005
My child is in his second year at Timberline. We have found the teachers knowledgable, excited, enthusiastic, and creative in their classrooms. Just as impressive are the counselors available for both the students and the parents. The AP classes are challenging, and do help prepare students for future college courses. The parent involement is good and there is an active Teacher-Parent Organization. We have been very happy with our child educational experience at Timberline High School.

Timberline High School
701 East Boise Ave, Boise, ID  83706
Last modified Timberline High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timberline High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top