Posted September 18, 2014
Riverstone was a great environment for our son who really thrived in the small classroom setting, with a rigorous academic curriculum and with teachers who were truly mentors throughout his 8 years there. Riverstone is the best educational opportunity presented to students in Idaho and beyond. I have taught in public and private schools and so, as a former teacher and as a parent, I can say that Riverstone has its vision, mission and act together.

Posted September 17, 2014
Riverstone International School provided an outstanding academic, international and community-service-oriented education for both our daughters. Warm, caring, competent teachers, small class size, and a truly international student body gave them an education relevant for our international, connected world. The school offers scholarships to about 25% of the students, including refugees from places like Sudan, so the student body is diverse. The school also encourages community service learning and character development. One daughter is about to graduate with a Microbiology; the other is studying Computer Science, and I feel they graduated from RIS well-prepared to succeed in college and life!

Posted March 29, 2014
Riverstone is a small school that places great emphasis on both academic and personal development. Academically, my son thrived after moving to Riverstone because of the classroom discussions, creative and interesting assignments applying what he learned, and teachers who knew him personally and could encourage him to stretch himself. The Diploma Program in Gr 11& 12 requires that every student takes math/science/english/language/arts/history but also requires 150 hrs of service/creativity/action and a 4000 word essay of independent research. In addition to classmates from the Treasure Valley, his classmates included kids from around the world. He did not have any experience with camping prior to Riverstone but after backpacking through Hells Canyon, Grand Gulch, Sheep Creek, and the Sawtooth Mtns, he learned a great deal about teamwork with classmates and teachers, his own resilience in challenging situations, and that Idaho is an amazingly beautiful state. Thanks to Riverstone, my son was more than prepared for college academically, but also prepared to deal with new situations, advocate for himself, and be confident in who he is as an individual.

Riverstone International School 1

Posted October 20, 2013
This school is a poor excuse for an institution of learning. While the curriculum is very diverse and more advanced than public schools, they do not support anything OTHER than the academics. They completely lack the knowledge, staffing and resources to support the kids in other ways. The culture there is very much "elitist" and the school WILL pull whatever strings necessary for the wealthiest familes while throwing the scholarship kids under the bus. By this I mean, if a wealthy kid doesn't like your "less wealthy" kid, be prepared for your child to be in the director's office with disciplinary actions. I witnessed this on many occasions while my child attended and it is rampant. I really loved the "idea" of this school, but found it was a very damaging environment for my child. You'd be FAR better off going to one of the schools in the North End or Highlands area.

Posted November 04, 2010
It has prepared our son for life and taught him to think rather than just memorize facts. He can take information, process it and come up with conclusions due to the cognitive skills he learned at RIS. He also has a great sense of service to community and to our world. He has learned acceptance of diverse cultures and is now bilingual adult which will serve him well in his adult life. I know he is more than ready for college and beyond thanks to what he has learned at Riverstone International School.

Posted September 16, 2010
Riverstone International School is for the student that wants to not only become intellectually smart, but open their mind to the world. While just starting my 10th grade year and having only been here for one year, I have matured in so many ways. The smaller class sizes allow you to bond with other students in ways that you wouldn't be able to do in any other school than a IB school. And the teachers... The teachers are what makes this school the amazing place where students actually WANT to go to school everyday. They will help you anywhere anytime with any subject. By the end of the school year, they're more of a respected friend, than just a teacher. Finally, the academics that we are taught are at a level that few schools teach at, while the curriculum is taught in a free thinking way. Riverstone is open to all.

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted September 16, 2009
I love riverstone! You are in a small class and that makes it easyer to interact with teachers and your classmates are like a second family! The accidemics are splendid and i have learned high school subjects. Im always excited to get up in the morning! Riverstone is a hands on school and I have always been impressed by the organization and accidemics of the school!

Posted January 31, 2009
I have been going to Riverstone for seven years and I have loved every single day! My classmates and I are so close like we are family. I also have had the best teachers in the world at Riverstone! If i ever need hep I always feel I can go to my teachers for help. riverstone is the most amazing school ever!

Posted November 13, 2008
Fantastic school. i couldn't be happier with the small class size and integrated outdoor program. The teachers are all wonderful, and the school overall has a great atmosphere that really promotes the learning environment. Our studies are hands-on, and my peers truly enjoy them. Overall, RiverStone is an amazing school.

Riverstone International School
5521 Warm Springs Ave, Boise, ID  83716
Last modified Riverstone International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Riverstone International School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top