Bad
Good

A little skeptical about this school, but we'll try it out and see how it goes..

The school has a remarkable job in the past two years to hold students to high expectations academically and with their behavior. The school has received the Distinguised School Award and LEP Program of the Year. Great place for kids, parents, and the community.

I am very unhappy with the School, my son loved to go to school and now he hates to go. Kids try to steal his lunch and tell him not to be a baby. My son has ADD and I do not expect him to be treated any different but his teacher as said things to me, such as him being a motor mouth. No parent likes to be told bluntly with no sympathy from a teacher. I call every few weeks to touch base with the teacher and she avoids my calls, I leave her messages and she never calls back. The children Swear and are just rude and yes home environment has lot to do with it, but the school needs to put the FOOT Down. I cant believe it continues and schoold does nothing to improve the environment.

I am a parent of a student who attends Van Buren currently, and two students who have since moved on to the middle school. I love Van Buren, it's teachers, and the administration that works there. They go above and beyond what is asked of them to encourage and ensure that there kids are succesfull! I have volunteered for many years and have an inside view of what goes on at Van Buren. I agree that there are issues with kids and there inappropriate behavior, but these things are being taken care of. The issue is really the lack of parent involvement. The school is definately not perfect but if you look at what these teachers, principle, and especially kids have accomplished academically in the last few years it really amazing. I am proud and glad that my kids do and did attend here. Thanks so much for all you do!!

I have had my children enrolled at Van Buren Elementary for 3 years now. Currently, I have a 5th grader, a 2nd grader and a Kindergartener. I must say, I sympathize with the comment from the other parent about the behavior problems at VB. My fifth grader actually went to a school online for half of this year becuase he was tired of hearing all the bad words. He has already been picked on by several kids since re-enrolling. However... I do not think the problem lies in the school, but in the environment these kids are coming from. Parental involvement is key is creating a positive learning environment for our children. This is why I have recently started a PTA at Van Buren. If you are a concerned parent, which I believe you are or you would not be on this site, please join PTA and become a part of the solution.

I have a son in the 5th grade at Van Buren and I have been completely dissatisfied with the school. We moved here a little over a month and a half ago and since then my son has started to hate school. The kids are horrible and use profanity on a daily basis. I have had issues that I have talked with the principle about and to the best of my knowledge the issue have not been taken care of. They definitely need to run a tighter ship!!

Last modified Van Buren Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.