Public charter
Caldwell, ID

Posted April 08, 2015
My children were accepted into HCCS this past fall (2014). We couldn't be happier with this school. I am beyond satisfied with their quality of education. The staff, teachers and principal are all extremely professional, invested and hard working. The principal is extremely involved with the students, teachers and parents. I feel safe taking my children to this school. Our previous school didn't have time for arts or crafts and spent hours each day testing my child to prepare him for the State test. I understand some prep testing is helpful and necessary but I feel like HCCS is more interested in teaching my children, giving them quality education, and allowing them to express themselves through arts and crafts. I feel my children will test higher given the education they are receiving instead of memorizing and repeating test after test. This school has grown to be like a family to us. Our children's teachers communicate regularly and consistently with us. The front office makes it a point to know each child by name who walks through the door and are just as invested in the success of HCCS as the teachers, students and parents

Posted April 04, 2015
Our family has been involved with Heritage Community Charter School for 4 years. I LOVE the dual-language program the school offers! Learning Spanish seamlessly as part of primary education has provided my 2 children (grades 4th and 2nd) with a rich experience. There is a great feeling of community with the school. I feel as a parent that my voice matters. Heritage Community Charter has offered my family countless ways to be involved, to share ideas and to voice our opinions. I've been involved with another local public school and I felt lost and frustrated, even confused as to how our family could be part of the establishment. Not so with HCCS. And on top of all of this, the school is lead by incredible administrators and skilled teachers! We just love our school!!

Posted March 20, 2015
We have been very impressed with Heritage as a school for our children to attend. They are each challenged in their grades and are encouraged to work hard and have learning goals. My son actually loves reading again, which is a really big deal to us and this is due to the teaching methods used by his teachers! On a concerning note, we had an incident happen that negatively affected our daughter early on in the school year that the staff handled professionally and appropriately which convinced us to keep our daughter enrolled. Otherwise we would have transferred her to another school as the seriousness of it demanded it be handled correctly. We have appreciated the genuine courtesy of the teachers, who in spite of long hours working with multiple children, still have a moment after school to share with us about something our son or daughter did that day. The teachers also really seem to value consistent communication with the parents. I think that keeps a school a tight community and helps students settle into a safe, supportive learning environment. Who could ask for more from a school? We will continue to support the school in any way we are able.

Posted August 23, 2014
Heritage Community Charter School has been such a great school for my children. We LOVE the teachers, the principal, and the environment and beliefs of the school. I'm a Christian, and appreciate the higher ground this school presses towards: Excellence.

Heritage Community Charter School 2

Posted August 21, 2014
My kid attended this school for 3 years. The first year he had a good year. The next two years were horrible. It seems after the whole accreditation issues, things just seemed to go down hill and more disruptive children were being accepted. If your child is not subjected to bullying then you wouldn't ever experience the other side of how things are handled at this school. Continuing to allow children that are hostile with other students to be present in class isn't conducive to the learning environment. You have students that are great until they are intimidated by bullies. Then things just become nonsense. Like I said earlier, if your kid is not being bullied, then you have no problems and the school is great. But if your kid is unfortunate to fall prey to a bully, then things are more difficult and you witness the craziness of how things are truly handled. Not happy. We transferred our kid to a better school.

Heritage Community Charter School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
We love Heritage. We love the overall attitude of the school. There is a different core characteristic the kids are taught about each month and encouraged to work on. We like the curriculum and feel like our children are getting a wonderful education. The lunch has a lot of healthy options. We hope the fundraisers this year to complete the library will be a success.

Posted April 29, 2014
HCCS is by far an excellent school. My daughter was forgeting Her spanish and now she reads and will help translate at times. I am so impressed at how well she can read both in spanish And english. The teachers definitely work with you to help Your child when she's having trouble with school work. I definitely recommend this school.

Posted April 24, 2014
A great school that emphasis classical education using the core knowledge sequence with an emphasis in dual language spanish immersion to increase fluency in a second language. The teachers truly care about each individual student and strive to provide a great classical education. The teachers often volunteer their time after school to work with students who are struggling and to volunteer to support a sports program that middle school students can participate in. My student absolutely loves the Latin and logic programs in the middle school grades. I also love that it is a safe environment for my child to blossom with no tolerance for bullying. They also have a wonderful core characteristics program that focus on many of the values of society that are lost in todays public education such as integrity, perseverance and friendship. This is a great school of choice option for students K-8. I only wish that it was available K-12th grades.

Posted April 10, 2014
I am so impressed with what my two children have been able to learn in this school. I absolutely love to hear my kindergartner read to me in Spanish, her accent is incredible. My children have only attended this school so I don't have others to compare it to but I have been very impressed with the teachers.

Posted April 08, 2014
I choose to send my kids there because of their commitment to excellence in a dual language setting. My daughters speak Spanish at home to one another and enjoy attending school on a daily basis. My son has been immersed in Latin and has shown vast improvement in his reading comprehension, which I attribute to his Latin studies. The principal is an effective leader and the teachers are trained in dual instruction and have superior knowledge of the implementation of the Common Core State Standards. The support staff is friendly and considerate and most are bilingual and support the dual language environment. The school has room for improvement, as all do, however there is a mission and vision for the school and they have SMART short and long term goals for the school and its' families. The Parent Teacher Student Organization is active in the support of all students within the school. This group of volunteers is critical to the structure of all the "extras" a school needs to be successful: fundraising, classroom support, uniform support, family nights and the general and acceptance of all families at HCCS. I would recommend this school to families who are looking for GREATNESS!

Heritage Community Charter School
1803 E Ustick Road, Caldwell, ID  83605
Last modified Heritage Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Community Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top