Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Terrible experience, lack of interest from both teachers not a word from the principal even after removing our child from this school, unless your child starts school here they will allow your child to sink and not get involved until you have to do something about it yourself, no interest in doing the job they applied for and complaints from teachers about how hard it is unreal experience

My son needed more challenge than our neighborhood school was able to provide. I love that he is learning history, geography, science, reading, and math and ALSO a second language. He seems more challenged and more interested in school at Heritage. We have had a positive experience and are glad we switched schools.

Amount of homework: Agree

The first grade kids are really only required to practice reading, and some spelling words most of the time. Second grade has a very reasonable amount of homework including a quick grammar/spelling page and spelling homework. All seems very appropriate.

Develops character: Agree

Yes, the students have "Community" classes weekly and are "caught" doing good things and being helpful, friendly, honest, etc. all the time.

My children were accepted into HCCS this past fall (2014). We couldn't be happier with this school. I am beyond satisfied with their quality of education. The staff, teachers and principal are all extremely professional, invested and hard working. The principal is extremely involved with the students, teachers and parents. I feel safe taking my children to this school. Our previous school didn't have time for arts or crafts and spent hours each day testing my child to prepare him for the State test. I understand some prep testing is helpful and necessary but I feel like HCCS is more interested in teaching my children, giving them quality education, and allowing them to express themselves through arts and crafts. I feel my children will test higher given the education they are receiving instead of memorizing and repeating test after test. This school has grown to be like a family to us. Our children's teachers communicate regularly and consistently with us. The front office makes it a point to know each child by name who walks through the door and are just as invested in the success of HCCS as the teachers, students and parents

Our family has been involved with Heritage Community Charter School for 4 years. I LOVE the dual-language program the school offers! Learning Spanish seamlessly as part of primary education has provided my 2 children (grades 4th and 2nd) with a rich experience. There is a great feeling of community with the school. I feel as a parent that my voice matters. Heritage Community Charter has offered my family countless ways to be involved, to share ideas and to voice our opinions. I've been involved with another local public school and I felt lost and frustrated, even confused as to how our family could be part of the establishment. Not so with HCCS. And on top of all of this, the school is lead by incredible administrators and skilled teachers! We just love our school!!

We have been very impressed with Heritage as a school for our children to attend. They are each challenged in their grades and are encouraged to work hard and have learning goals. My son actually loves reading again, which is a really big deal to us and this is due to the teaching methods used by his teachers! On a concerning note, we had an incident happen that negatively affected our daughter early on in the school year that the staff handled professionally and appropriately which convinced us to keep our daughter enrolled. Otherwise we would have transferred her to another school as the seriousness of it demanded it be handled correctly. We have appreciated the genuine courtesy of the teachers, who in spite of long hours working with multiple children, still have a moment after school to share with us about something our son or daughter did that day. The teachers also really seem to value consistent communication with the parents. I think that keeps a school a tight community and helps students settle into a safe, supportive learning environment. Who could ask for more from a school? We will continue to support the school in any way we are able.

Heritage Community Charter School has been such a great school for my children. We LOVE the teachers, the principal, and the environment and beliefs of the school. I'm a Christian, and appreciate the higher ground this school presses towards: Excellence.

My kid attended this school for 3 years. The first year he had a good year. The next two years were horrible. It seems after the whole accreditation issues, things just seemed to go down hill and more disruptive children were being accepted. If your child is not subjected to bullying then you wouldn't ever experience the other side of how things are handled at this school. Continuing to allow children that are hostile with other students to be present in class isn't conducive to the learning environment. You have students that are great until they are intimidated by bullies. Then things just become nonsense. Like I said earlier, if your kid is not being bullied, then you have no problems and the school is great. But if your kid is unfortunate to fall prey to a bully, then things are more difficult and you witness the craziness of how things are truly handled. Not happy. We transferred our kid to a better school.

We love Heritage. We love the overall attitude of the school. There is a different core characteristic the kids are taught about each month and encouraged to work on. We like the curriculum and feel like our children are getting a wonderful education. The lunch has a lot of healthy options. We hope the fundraisers this year to complete the library will be a success.

Last modified Heritage Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.