Posted August 23, 2014
Heritage Community Charter School has been such a great school for my children. We LOVE the teachers, the principal, and the environment and beliefs of the school. I'm a Christian, and appreciate the higher ground this school presses towards: Excellence.

Heritage Community Charter School 2

Posted August 21, 2014
My kid attended this school for 3 years. The first year he had a good year. The next two years were horrible. It seems after the whole accreditation issues, things just seemed to go down hill and more disruptive children were being accepted. If your child is not subjected to bullying then you wouldn't ever experience the other side of how things are handled at this school. Continuing to allow children that are hostile with other students to be present in class isn't conducive to the learning environment. You have students that are great until they are intimidated by bullies. Then things just become nonsense. Like I said earlier, if your kid is not being bullied, then you have no problems and the school is great. But if your kid is unfortunate to fall prey to a bully, then things are more difficult and you witness the craziness of how things are truly handled. Not happy. We transferred our kid to a better school.

Heritage Community Charter School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
We love Heritage. We love the overall attitude of the school. There is a different core characteristic the kids are taught about each month and encouraged to work on. We like the curriculum and feel like our children are getting a wonderful education. The lunch has a lot of healthy options. We hope the fundraisers this year to complete the library will be a success.

Posted April 29, 2014
HCCS is by far an excellent school. My daughter was forgeting Her spanish and now she reads and will help translate at times. I am so impressed at how well she can read both in spanish And english. The teachers definitely work with you to help Your child when she's having trouble with school work. I definitely recommend this school.

Posted April 24, 2014
A great school that emphasis classical education using the core knowledge sequence with an emphasis in dual language spanish immersion to increase fluency in a second language. The teachers truly care about each individual student and strive to provide a great classical education. The teachers often volunteer their time after school to work with students who are struggling and to volunteer to support a sports program that middle school students can participate in. My student absolutely loves the Latin and logic programs in the middle school grades. I also love that it is a safe environment for my child to blossom with no tolerance for bullying. They also have a wonderful core characteristics program that focus on many of the values of society that are lost in todays public education such as integrity, perseverance and friendship. This is a great school of choice option for students K-8. I only wish that it was available K-12th grades.

Posted April 10, 2014
I am so impressed with what my two children have been able to learn in this school. I absolutely love to hear my kindergartner read to me in Spanish, her accent is incredible. My children have only attended this school so I don't have others to compare it to but I have been very impressed with the teachers.

Posted April 08, 2014
I choose to send my kids there because of their commitment to excellence in a dual language setting. My daughters speak Spanish at home to one another and enjoy attending school on a daily basis. My son has been immersed in Latin and has shown vast improvement in his reading comprehension, which I attribute to his Latin studies. The principal is an effective leader and the teachers are trained in dual instruction and have superior knowledge of the implementation of the Common Core State Standards. The support staff is friendly and considerate and most are bilingual and support the dual language environment. The school has room for improvement, as all do, however there is a mission and vision for the school and they have SMART short and long term goals for the school and its' families. The Parent Teacher Student Organization is active in the support of all students within the school. This group of volunteers is critical to the structure of all the "extras" a school needs to be successful: fundraising, classroom support, uniform support, family nights and the general and acceptance of all families at HCCS. I would recommend this school to families who are looking for GREATNESS!

Posted April 07, 2014
Heritage Community Charter School is such an excellent school! My daughter graduated from there last year and is now attending a regular public high school. She has commented that she was very well prepared for high school and often feels ahead of other students. The Latin classes she took at Heritage have helped her linguistically to better understand English as a language. My youngest son is in kindergarten and has enjoyed learning Spanish this year along with reading, writing geography etc. What a huge blessing a second language will be in his life! The teachers are very caring and seem to be teaching because they love it! The school environment is friendly and inviting; and I was going to say especially the office staff and Principal, but everyone I've interacted with there has been helpful and nice. I love my kids learning at this school! Best one ever! The school struggled its first year but has made huge leaps and bounds under the new principal and is definitely on the right track and ahead of the game! I think that the only thing that would improve the school is more parent involvement, but I think that will come with time.

Posted December 12, 2013
HCCS is a truly remarkable school. The conversations I have with my child astound me. My kindergartner is able to discuss historical events with detail, explain various parts of grammar and share his newly forming Spanish vocabulary, just to name a few. He is also learning what it means to be a person of character through the monthly CORE characteristic lessons. His older cousins have made enormous progress since enrolling at HCCS. The teachers truly care about each child and strive to help them succeed. The office staff and administration have always been helpful, friendly and reliable. I am thankful for this amazing educational opportunity for my children.

Heritage Community Charter School 4

Posted December 12, 2013
I have two children at HCCS. They are both in the dual language immersion program, and they both love the exciting and stimulating work they are able to do in the classroom. I love that they are challenged in math and reading, learning to think about the world around them and their important role in it, and learning to be responsible and compassionate citizens. We left another school due to our dissatisfaction with the low academic and behavior expectations; we found what we were looking for at HCCS. Although the first year presented many challenges with opening a new school, my children always feel safe, confident and respected. My daughter has had two small challenges with classmates; by the time I heard about the issues after school they had already been addressed and my child felt safe and happy. I think the school's emphasis on integrity, empathy and mutual respect have helped both of my children interact with and appreciate their peers. The icing on the cake is the strong connection to history and classical literature! I love that they discuss Mesopotamia, Julius Caesar, the Constitution, the greeks, and world geography. I love that my children love what they are learning!

Heritage Community Charter School
1803 E Ustick Road, Caldwell, ID  83605
Last modified Heritage Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Community Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top