Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff seem to work intentionally to build character qualities in students. They talk about honestly, kindness, tolerance, and hard work.

My children love Central Canyon! My greatest loves are these two small boys, and I'm telling you, I am so impressed and pleased with the level of education they are receiving there! My elder boy, in third grade, has an exceptional teacher who communicates well with us about both expectations and assignments. He is an avid reader, which we partly attribute to his successes in her classroom. Our first grader was a very reluctant learner in kinder, being a young 5 year old, so you can imagine how delighted I was when he told me how much he loves school this year. His teacher is experienced and seems to manage the classroom well! The office staff are very helpful, and the counselor is an absolute gem. Guys, this school is a winner!

This was a terrible school! The administration let students get away with a lot and there was not a lot of punishment that the teachers were able to offer. Fifth grade is by far the worst team because they give homework that has nothing to do with what the students are learning and the teachers were lazy and rude. They did not communicate well and I had to wait until conferences to learn that my child was struggling. Very unprofessional and self-centered teachers in that grade level.

I have 3 children at Central Canyon and love the staff and the Teachers are the best! The teachers go above and beyond for there students.

I have three kids attending Central Canyon and overall we have been very happy with this school. The office staff is the best! The teachers actually pay attention and care about the students' progress. Out of the 12 (total) teachers I have dealt with over the years, I am very impressed with how they control the classroom and cater to each child's individual needs. Great teachers make all the difference, but the parents could be more involved in this school program. The only complaint I have (as well as most parents I've spoken to) is the kindergarten schedule. I think everyone would agree that a first-year student would be better off going to school 5 half days instead of the current 2-3 full days each week. I hope the schools budget allows this to change soon.

crowded classrooms which cause short tempered teachers and students who fall behind and repeat grades, there's lots of homework and it is not overviewed or taught in class, rude uncaring princpal, I gave it a shot and I pulled my child out with no regrets.

I have 2 children in this school, one in first grade and one in kindergarden. I am not a fan of this school at all. I think they do the best with what they have and are allowed to. Last year my kindergardner was an older kindergardner and is very smart and I felt like they don't like that at all. They want everyone in a box, all the same. I wish they had some sort of program for those who are ahead. They don't until the fourth grade. They told me we have have many programs for those who fall behind or who don't know English, but nothing for those ahead. The classes are very large, 1st grade anyway. This year my kindergardner has Mrs. Lords who really is amazing. A perfect kindergarden teacher! So I have one child totally happy in kindergarden and one totally bored.

I have 2 children who have attended this school since Kindergarden. Their teacher was wonderful with them. They learned so quickly. However once they got into the upper grades they got less attention from the teacher and more homework that was not applied first in the classroom. I was required to teach them instead of it being an overview of the days work. My daughter had excelled in reading until the start of second grade. She got nothing out of the year. I am currently trying to find a school that has a better curriculum and can teach without the excuse of overcrowding.

Last modified Central Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.