Bad
Good

I have students in several middle school and the music program as Sage Valley is top notch! I have no problem with the uniforms nor does my student.. That said, my husband who is a math major rates their math department as "stupid". They have not been particularly responsive with my dyslectic student, but that seems par for the course with public schools.. There is a mix of good and not so good points with this school (as you will find in all schools) and I believe you will be happy or disappointed with SVMS depending upon your particular student's goals.

I have been extremely disappointed with this school since moving to the Nampa area earlier this year. To my knowledge, parents are not included in any decision making. My first complaint is in regards to the oppressive uniform policy, and the rude implementation of it. My pre-pubescent child received offensive comments from faculty and staff in regard to the fit of her uniform. On the flip side, teachers are not required to comply with any type of dress code that I can see. On various occasions I when have visited the school, I observed faculty and staff were wearing revealing, and tight clothing. I find the double standard troubling. In addition, I have been disappointed with administrative lack of communication. Earlier in the year I contacted the counselor for my child regarding her placement in classes. I received no return call after repeated requests. After two weeks of non-communication, my spouse tried contacting the counselor with similar results. Nearly three weeks later, my child was re-assigned to the appropriate classes, but neither I nor my spouse received any type of communication from the school. My child has also been subject to verbal abuse in class.

Sage Valley Middle School is a GREAT middle school in the Vallivue School district. A great middle school choice in the 'Treasure Valley' as well. My son enjoys going to school there with awesome 6th grade teachers and a fabulous principal as well! Having a child go to SVMS was a first for our family but we are happy with the decision/choice to send our son there. We would do it again!

We have two kids in the school and have had kids there three years now. Administration is very responsive to concerns. Math teachers aren't great, but all other subjects top notch. Clean, modern school with great resources. Their advanced curriculum is very impressive, and keeps the kids in those classes on their toes. As the advanced students move on to high school, they are well above the snooty charter school kids who arrive shell-shocked and behind!

Administration is an absolute night mare pain. They really show now care for the actual learning of the students only the BS of the uniform policy. Reading and music are the only bright spots in the failure of a school. Math across the board is a joke the teachers cannot teach to save their lives. With an administration that actually cares about the kids learning anything eductional this could be a great school.They need to worry more about education then their own egos and power.

Sage Valley is a five year-old school with skilled, caring teachers and administration. Each student is enrolled in five core classes and two electives including music, technology, and art. After school tutoring and sports.

Last modified Sage Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.