Bad
Good

I attended my (2nd) freshman year to my sophomore year, and at that time I was a real pain to the teachers. Fortunately both the principal and the teachers were very patient, helpful, and understanding. Which I am very thankful for! For my junior year I returned to CHS. Because of the amount of credits I earned at TJCS I qualified to enter as a senior. What blew my mind was that most of the content we were learning I had already studied as a sophomore. I would definitely recommend this school if you're looking to get ahead in education.

This school is great if your child doesn't have any learning challenges. My two oldest children have thrived for years at TJ. But my youngest son is dyslexic. Lack of leadership on the principal's level and teachers who care to place blame on parents are driving us away from this school. It's unfortunate that the staff here are more focused on test scores and less interested in using techniques that help your child learn. Because it is a charter school there are limited resources for students with learning disabilities. We are sad to leave, but this school just isn't a good fit for our son.

Thomas Jefferson Charter School is a diamond in the rough. I have learned so many priceless lessons and concepts at this school that I never would have learned anywhere else. Some may criticize the principal, for reasons unjustified, as the principal (not principle) is not the only one responsible for making financial decisions that affect the school; the school board is the group responsible, and they have done a fantastic job. Last time I checked, TJCS has carefully considered every financial decision made, and uses every resource it has carefully, which is evident by the computers used in the Commons (quite old Windows XP laptops, fairly worn out, but still usable). Any student who needs extra help can stay after school and request help from a teacher, or, even better, can ask a member of the school's National Honor Society for tutoring help, as I know they will all be happy to assist anyone in need of help. If anyone has qualms about this school, they should justify them and support them sufficiently, which I believe is not possible, as this school is of a much higher quality than almost every other school in Idaho.

This school has a principle that is completely useless. Thomas Jefferson has misused Title One federal funding. Instead of using it to help those student who need extra help, they spent it on new computers!!

I find Thomas Jefferson Charter School to be an amazing school, especially the high school and its teachers. My children have grown tremendously while attending this school and I feel very confident that they will be prepared for college and work. My children have been reading advanced texts in their US History, Government, Economics, and English courses. They have been exposed to college level material that requires high levels of critical thinking and analysis. I find the teachers in these courses to be very helpful and supportive of my children's learning. The teachers have exposed my children to multiple perspectives within the subject areas. Beyond this, my children have been required to synthesize multiple perspectives in order to formulate their own opinions with reasoned arguments; all of this with near college level material. WOW!!!! Teachers are highly qualified and open minded with many of them holding Master degrees. I could not ask for a better school, learning environment, or a better staff to support my children's learning. I am grateful for the quality of education that my children have received while attending TJCS. THANK YOU TJCS!!!!!

I am currently a Senior in Thomas Jefferson Charter school. When beginning school here you are told things are much harder and that's how they "weed out" the good kids and the bad. The good stick around and the bad face disciplinary action and if no change is made they are removed. Truth is, that's not the case at all. TJCS used to be a school were smart kids went to better their education and when they were tired of the typical public schools way of doing things. Now it's a savior school, all these kids who've been kicked out of Caldwell flock here because they don't want to go to Canyon Springs. No change is made in their attitude or work ethic or habits, rather than work for their grades they push the bare minimum and teachers pass them through just like in a public school because that is what is expected of them now. Can't fail a large bunch of kids without it making the teacher/school look bad. The teachers are fantastic and they do the very best they can with the situations they're given. Administration needs to stop turning a blind eye to these situations and actually do something about them. 3 strikes and you're out. A great school, must have great students.

My daughter is beginning her senior year. She has been at TJCH for two years. TJCS has been a huge blessing for us. The Caldwell High School was not teaching. As a freshman she watched movies, played cards and colored. At TJCS she has been preparing forcollege, doing internships, community service, and innovation projects. Regarding the board: I have not had any issues. Regarding the principal: Mr Ward has rules that must be followed. I admire that. My daughter has followed the rules and we have had no issue at all. Moving her to TJCS was the best decision we have made in her education and growth as a person who will contribute in a positive way to society.

After 3 years, I continue to be happy! This is a school of choice that is full, has a waiting list and kids who learn. My child has progressed academically, has to work hard, thinks, and has to help others as he attends this school. I appreciate the leadership, the teachers and the other staff members!

Well I AM SOMEWHAT HAPPY WITH THE SCHOOL BUT DO NOT LIKE THE PRINCIPLE THEY HAVE HE IS NARROW MINDED AND SELF CENTERED! AND VERY JUDGEMENTAL BEFORE EVEN GETTING TO KNOW A PARENT!~ FIRST HE ASSUMES HE KNOWS IT ALL AND IS A POMPUS OLD PREJUDICE MAN WHO TAGETS STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS DUE TO HIS PERSONAL OPINION~! hEY LIKE lUNA SAYS GET THE WORST OUT AND BRING NEW! THAT WILL ENCOURAGE OUR CHILDREN~! NOT DISCRIMINATE!

Excellent teachers in high school Math, English, Art, and Spanish. The history and government teachers are a detriment to the students. The history teacher has no passion for history, her instruction is lame. The Econ teacher grades students not on knowledge but on whether they regurgitate his liberal stances on America, capitalism and the military. He is a pinhead, not a Patriot. I sometimes wish I'd transferred to a different high school. Patronizing board and administrators. It's do as we say, not as we do. Neither the principal nor board seem adult enough to have open, honest discussions with the students or parents. They want everyone to carry pom poms and shout how great they are and if you don't they'll wave the pom poms themselves. The first graduation was more about the board and teachers than focusing on the graduates.

Last modified Thomas Jefferson Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.