Bad
Good

Starting with the office staff, everyone is competent and involved. They know my child by name, are well organized, and somehow make everyone feel at home. We were initially given a tour by Mrs. Franklin. She loves her job and the children she works with. She is committed to providing a safe place for children to express themselves and understand right from wrong, either in their behavior or how they are being treated. My child often shares the 'Never Never' safety rules Mrs. Franklin taught them, which establish great life-long safety habits. I also had the privilege of meeting with Mr. Rutherford who took the time to personally talk with me and answer all of my questions. He sets an incredible example of how to run a school. He is very professional and loving. He acknowledges good behavior and the achievements of his students. His staff, students, and parents alike, have great respect for his example. My daughter has Mrs. Hall this year. She has made my daughters classroom feel like family. They learn so much in a week academically and she always takes the time to provide wisdom in life and social lessons as well. One example that we all use at home know is, "Great thinkers, think before they do." She leads by example by being an intelligent, kind, respectful teacher my daughter looks up to. Not to mention the fact my girl is now reading books, constantly making up mathematic equations, and she is on fire for science and experimenting. The students have special learning activities daily such as library, computer/tech lab, music, PE, and art. Fernan provides fun family activities for the whole family to join in and learn such as the STEM night we recently attended. I cannot speak highly enough about the learning environment Fernan STEM Academy has provided for my child. My daughter is learning how to love learning from successful, kind life-learners. We are lucky to be a part of this school and all they have to offer!

I love this school! It's a STEM focused school and the teachers and administration are great. I highly recommend it!

We have 2 kids at Fernan and absolutely love it! The teachers are all very dedicated and involved in school activities. Fernan has so many parent and community events throughout the year which makes it easy to get to know the families. We love the school's STEM focused curriculum, it's beautiful playground and their all school garden.

Fernan is a school filled with committed teachers and an amazing new principal with a lot of vision and energy. My experience has been nothing but positive and I am excited about the possibility of becoming a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) school.

My two kids have/are attending this school and I can't think of any other school I would want to put my childern in. This school has great deversity for my childern to learn from. The teachers and staff are committed to work together to provide an overall safe & educated environment. We are volunteers at this school and enjoy seeing and helping the fernan students. we are happy with the education and support that my childern are getting. And this school has worked hard to recieve an 7 out of 10 rating. We are proud of them and to say our kids go to FERNAN.

My grandchildren go there and the teachers are GREAT!

Last modified Fernan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.