PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Holy Family Catholic School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted June 01, 2016
I am great full for the parent/volunteers that help out with the events and festivities at the school. Everyone helps out in so many ways. Thank you parents/volunteers for all that we do to making this school stay beautiful and at its best.

Holy Family Catholic School 4

Posted June 01, 2016
Holy Family is wonderful. As a first time parent, I am very impressed. The students love this school and it shows through their studies, family activities and school events. Holy Family staff is welcomed armed and supportive of the students in doing their best. I have met many wonderful families and great friends that have the same faith based structure that we do. The fact that I can go into the school and be involved as much as I can make me feel so wonderful. To have the knowledge that most parents/volunteers have taKen the safety class to be involved in the school gives me the freedom to be comfortable in knowing that majority of the parents/volunteers are safety supporters. Growing up in a Catholic private school my self, I had very high expectations when I was looking around for a school for my children. With the way our world and society is now, I am amazed with this schools security. The technology that the school offers for the children are right up with the times. The curriculum is at it standard best but knowing the time the teachers take being involved with each children educating them more giving students knowledge to be confident that they do their best. I am truly amazed at how this school runs. The support they give each other is just like family.

Posted January 15, 2016
Subpar teachers, boring curriculum. This school is always desperately in need of money-and in turn has NO RESOURCES WHATSOEVER for your child. Zero. They use parents with no experience in education to fill in the very large gaps they have. The school is filled with unhappy children and cliquey adults. I once asked another parent what they thought of an elementary teacher in the school and they said "well I don't know that she's the best teacher, but she sure is fun to drink with." And that completely sums up HFCS.

Posted May 09, 2014
We have been very happy at HFCS. Our children have formed strong friendships there and when it came to choosing a middle school, it was an easy choice because they wanted to continue to attend through eighth grade. The staff is friendly and seem to genuinely care for each student. Our children have been challenged academically and spiritually. The opportunity to be involved as a volunteer has been a blessing to our family in that we have met many outstanding parents with a common mission and it has been wonderful to interact with our children's peers on a regular basis.

Posted May 09, 2014
We could not be happier with Holy Family! The teachers are outstanding, and continually go above and beyond the call of duty to challenge their students, work hand-in-hand with parents and provide an environment that promotes excellent academic, social and spiritual growth. We consider the volunteer obligation a blessing because it not only makes tuition more affordable, but it also allows parents the opportunity to form relationships with one another and the teachers/staff, be more aware of the day-to-day school environment and--the best part--spend time at school with their kids! Our children are thriving at Holy Family, and that's what's most important, right? We cannot say enough good things about HFCS!!

Posted May 07, 2014
Our family has been at Holy Family Catholic School for a number of years now, and we feel quite blessed to be a part of this school community. It has been a great place for our kids to excel academically and grow in their spirituality. The teachers and staff are professional, caring and dedicated to the formation of the "whole" child. (body, mind and spirit) I also feel the school offers a well organized stewardship program for families that need tuition assistance. Every year, parents and staff fundraise together so families who desire to have their children attend HFCS, have that opportunity regardless of their financial situation.

Posted May 05, 2014
HFCS is awesome! The teacher's go above and beyond what is expected of them. Teachers continuously meet with parents with concerns of progress or non-progress in their child's academics. The teachers seem to be always taking a class to further their education as well. The atmosphere is positive and the students seem to be very happy there.

Posted May 01, 2014
My family has been very satisfied with Holy Family. The teachers are dedicated, not only to the academic well-being of our children, but also to their spiritual well-being, which to us is the most important thing. I have found the school community of parents and staff to be welcoming and helpful. I have no problem pitching in and helping out with activities and events. It's a great way to meet people! While Holy Family may not be perfect for everyone (what school is?), it IS perfect for my family.

Posted April 14, 2014
It saddens me to say that we are extremely disappointed with HFCS. The education is definitely not worth the expense, as mentioned in the previous post. With only one teacher instructing in a single grade or subject, the lack of choice is painful since many of the teachers are very weak. Parent involvement is high because volunteer hours are mandatory or must be paid for. A core group of parents seems to run the school - or acts as if it does. I am optimistic that the new principal will make badly needed improvements, but I am certain those improvents will not happen in time to benefit my children Lots of reading the book, answering questions from the book, taking the test out of the book. Teachers are awful about communicating with parents. Plenty of talk about partnering with parents but that seems to mean showing up at conferences, listening to the teacher, making sure kids do their homework and writing checks. If a subject is too easy or difficult for your child, don't expect accommodation. Teachers listen and nod and do what they've always done. We're very eager for this year to be over.

Posted January 07, 2014
Lots of busy work/worksheets and not a good phonics program in early grades. My child missed out on proper sound blends and was not challenged. Mediocre education and honestly feel it is not worth paying for. Sorry, just being honest.

Holy Family Catholic School
3005 West Kathleen Avenue, Coeur d'Alene, ID  83815
Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8