Coeur D'alene, ID

Skyway Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2015
It's a public school. So it goes without saying that they follow the money. My kids have had wonderful teachers and I appreciate them. But they are all required to follow the progressive curriculum. They don't appreciate parent involvement, but this may be normal for public schools now. If you are an involved parent, communicate well and take an active roll in your child's education, you'll likely be shunned in a manipulative way. The current principle does reacts to problems efficiently but can't seem to solve them or follow up. Even after a serious injury. The teachers keep this school going. They are wonderful, loving and genuinely interested in each child from my perspective. It's a matter of balance. The vice principle, a previous Skyway teacher herself, is fantastic. If the teachers directed this school, it may be a better place of education. I've decided to keep my child enrolled over much pondering. The teachers played a large roll in my decision. The children and Skyway families won't disappoint. Your child will make wonderful friends with valuable families. They are the glue.

Skyway Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2014
The school could improve by getting better food and better teacher quality, my kids came home balling every day from the terrible food and the teachers there.

Skyway Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2013
I have worked at Skyway as a teacher for ever since the day it opened. I had worked at schools prior to this, and I can honestly say this is one of the best schools I have ever seen. The teachers love working here, the parents support us, and the children are thriving. We were one of the top schools in the state recently for student growth as well as once recognized nationally as a school of character. That is pretty amazing and a real honor.

Skyway Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2013
Continued ...They were even more surprised when I mentioned the advanced scores on the ISATs. The teacher said, "Let me look that up" & even more surprised said, "Oh, your right...did test advanced". Ridiculous! We are willing to do whatever it takes to help our child succeed but It is impossible with a teacher who doesn't care to help the children in her class succeed. She is the most hands off teacher any of my 4 children have had. Requiring 10/11 year olds to be completely responsible for themselves & their work is a little much. The kids grade each others tests & class work & they are expected to remember on their own to come in at recess to complete any work they missed while absent. The homework is ineffective and pointless - working on 2 state funded websites 20 min 2x a week, that I was told have nothing to do with what they are learning in class each week. I should have pulled my child from this school after the first trimester. I am very concerned my child is unprepared for middle school next year & will be spending the summer working to help my child get caught up. Skyway desperately needs a new principal & to have the ineffective & unmotivated teachers weeded out!

Skyway Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2008
Skyway has gone downhill in the past two years with change of Principals; two new Principals in the last two years. The latest Principal is unapproachable, but an improvement over Knittle. It seems teacher morale has gone down. THe teachers are trying to stay positive and still seem to care about the kids. Unbelievable that this school was tops just 2 years ago with Pam Pratt as Principal. There is still a feel that they don't want parent volunteers or perhaps the teachers are too overwhelmed to organize parents as volunteers. I don't know what's going on.... Some parents have taken their children out to be homeschooled. The school is overcrowded.

Skyway Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2007
My 2 boys have been going to Skyway Elementary for 2 years going on 3.They love it there.The teachers are great,well rounded and knowledgeble.The whole staff is kind and great to the boys.And the principle knows most of the students by name.I would recommend Skyway to anyone searching for a elementary school.

Skyway Elementary School
6621 Courcelles Parkway, Coeur D'alene, ID  83815
Last modified Skyway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyway Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top