Coeur d'Alene, ID

Posted February 24, 2012
I love the sincerity of the staff in this school. They are truly there because they feel God has called them to be there and to give their best. The students are loving and kind as a result of the environments promoted in their homes and that attitudes encouraged at school. The academics are thorough and well thought-out over the life of the school. I'm not super intersted in my child achieving leaps and bounds above others but want a solid educational foundation and I feel that Lighthouse provides that. I really appreciate that this school feels like a large family walking together in their faith and the parental involvement is requested and integral to the success of this school. I want my children spending their educational hours in a setting that promotes all that we value at home and I feel that I have found that at Lighthouse. It is worth a visit to decide if the fit is a good one for your child.

Posted February 24, 2012
I am an old gradurate of Lighthouse and it gave me such a great background to live by. It is an amazing school that has absolutly wonderful teachers and is such a great place.

Posted February 23, 2012
If you want to have your child to be educated at a high academic level and have their self esteem built at the same time, then this is the school for you. This school exceeds all of my expectations. The hands on learning approach helps children see the real results, the dots connect and it is a solid connection. My children have come from this school knowing that they are equipped and fully able to tackle high school and life beyond. They have self esteem and confidence. They do the nationwide testing (Iowa Basics) and the average student is placed in the 90th percentile! My children have learned to be organized, communicate well and to have self confidence! A child going to this school will thrive. This is the whole package, your child will learn and in the way that he/she is taught will lead to lifelong growth. It is a positive place with positive peer pressure, the friends made here are life long and the teachers are very experienced. When you decide to tour this school, ask the principle about the past alumni and the doors that have been opened to them due to the foundation that they learned at Lighthouse Christian Academy. It is astounding!

Posted February 18, 2012
I first learned about this school from a very enthusiastic parent that was literally gushing about how much she (and her kids) loved Lighthouse. Now that two of our children attend, I can echo the excitement that was first shared with me. My husband and I feel so blessed to know that our children are being educated not only in a creative environment but also in a loving one. The support and dedication offered by the staff is priceless, we feel very blessed to have our kids attend here.

Posted February 06, 2012
My child has been at lighthouse for two years now. He has advanced dramatically both spiritually and educationally. I would recommend lighthouse for any parent looking for a great school that well represents Christ!

Posted February 02, 2012
I feel truly blessed to have my daughter at this school. She LOVES going to school every day and always has such good things to say about her teachers, other students, etc. She has attended another private school as well as a public school in the past....she has never been happier since attending Lighthouse. Her teachers are absolutely precious - they are truly gifted. I HIGHLY recommend this school.

Lighthouse Christian Academy 4

Posted January 29, 2012
This school is a hidden treasure in our town! Tucked into a residential neighborhood, it is a bit hard to find, yet worth the hunt. Our children have attended the school for the last 4 years. The teachers are remarkable; patient, kind, nurturing and fun. The learning style is definitely hands on, and you can often find classes playing tug of war to observe gravitational pull in outer space, classes playing Jeopardy in order to learn History dates, or classes writing and acting out their own plays. It is a creative, academic delight. The students are in classrooms, yet the vibe of the school is that of an old fashioned one room schoolhouse. The eighth graders are gentle and helpful with the younger students, and the little guys just admire and look forward to seeing their "big" friends at recess and activities. The Christian education is truly all- encompassing, and Christ is at the forefront of each and every subject. The children are learning the values we teach at home for 8 hours a day and we are so content with our school choice. Please do not hesitate to find the right school for your child, where they will, above all be valued and nurtured. LCA is that place.

Posted January 19, 2012
Three of our four children have graduated from Lighthouse Christian Academy. The school has a welcoming, family atmosphere, challenging academics, and teachers who mentor students actively. The close-knit nature of the school allows all ages of children to interact with each other, fostering trust in the youngest and responsibility in the oldest. Our children came out of 8th grade confident in themselves, having developed strong skills in public speaking and presentation, creative problem solving, leadership, and language arts. The integration of biblical principals with the curriculum and the genuine demonstration of Christian faith by their teachers was key in helping my kids exercise their faith in all parts of their life--not just a "Sunday" faith, but an everyday one. The building the school operates in is very casual and not at all fancy, and those who are looking for flashy facilities might be put off by its unconventional setting; I would encourage visitors to look to what really matters--the quality of the staff, the mission of the organization, and the quality of Lighthouse graduates as a measure of it's success.

Posted August 02, 2008
This school has been the best thing for our daughter. The hands on learning environment and family atmosphere are just what she needs.

Lighthouse Christian Academy 0

Posted July 25, 2008
I just love the school's philosophy in their 'hands-on' approach! I have 2 children at the school and they both learn concepts, in different ways. At LCA, they make sure that every child learns in his/her own unique mindset ,therefore no child is left lagging behind as they learn!

Lighthouse Christian Academy
720 East Poplar Street, Coeur d'Alene, ID  83815
Last modified Lighthouse Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Lighthouse Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top