Bad
Good

Lakes Middle School 4

Posted April 05, 2014
I rate this school highly. The staff is caring and strives to make learning fun and academically challenging. The principal is firm, as any quality principal should be, yet well-liked by the students. The officer-presence is a positive, and can be found at most middle schools and high schools today. As at any school and grade level, it all hinges on the effort put forth. We have come from a much larger, top-rated school district, and have found our child's education at Lakes to every bit as good, if not better due to magnet courses and a smaller size.

Lakes Middle School 2

Posted March 06, 2013
This school has become a quickly changing institution which no longer advocates nurturing growing children and educational creativity for learning, but is more strictly geared toward molding students through an outdated regime. The principal acts as authoritarian to both students and parents. The counselor's role seems to be limited to acting more as a liason for social services. The school utilizes a police officer inside the school walls who apparently lends his presence as more of a tool of fear and intimidation rather than friend and protector. This school is steadily losing its luster for many local parents. However, if you want a school that is reverting to a more historic genre with a police presence, this is the place for your children.

Posted April 23, 2010
I love this school. I've been going here for 3 years. And whenever I need help the teachers always help me. (: There are some mean kids but I think it's a good school.

Lakes Middle School 5

Posted April 06, 2010
This school has come a long way! Since changing to a magnet school they have exceeded my expectations. My daughter loves going to school and the uniforms stop the arguing over what to wear every morning!

Lakes Middle School 5

Posted January 19, 2010
This school is amazing. My life has been so much better and easier. Mrs.Q is really awesome. My favorite teacher (: The students are supportive. My mom wants me to leave but the kids love it and as long as its my choice I'm staying.

Posted May 28, 2009
Lakes Middle School, Is very well known for the Ghetto school and many students accept that and are fine with it. Teachers new incoming vice principals and most adults do not agree with this accusatiion. I am 8th grade student from Lakes I am almost a straight A student. Most people i know are or at least make honor role. We are second ranked in the city behing Charter which is obviously going to be better. I belive Lakes is a very well academic and sport challenged we all get along very well and is an awesome school! If you are moving in or around Coeur d alene i strongly recommend Lakes Middle School.

Posted June 05, 2008
I didn't care for this school very much and neithier did my child. Next year I will be sending my child to a school that don't have alot of bullys. This school stresses a child out and gives a child low self esteem.

930 North 15th St, Coeur D Alene, ID  83814
Last modified Lakes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.