Coeur D Alene, ID

Sorensen Elementary School 4

Posted January 31, 2015
My daughters attended this school one in 3rd and 4th grade. In 3rd grade she had Mrs. DuCoeur the best teacher ever! She is so understanding and truly loves the kids helping them to be the best they can be everyday! In 4th grade it was horrible, her teacher threw pencils across the room, books across the room she was constantly yelling at the kids and discipline was extreme, needless to say I removed my daughter. The principal at this school has brought a "new light" and I personally feel a worse one, she is not friendly, unkind and rude. She has removed much of the home feeling from the school. My other daughter had Mrs. Edmonds another absolutely wonderful teacher!!! She was the best and loves each child as her own, her smile is always present and her joy over flows. We loved her!! We love the programs at the school, many extra curricular activities are available!! The parent community is cliquish and hard to become a part of if you don't have the right status or amount of money.

Posted February 27, 2014
The teachers at Sorensen are dynamic, caring, talented, highly qualified and absolutely top notch!. They make this a 'go to' school! The fact that the previous principal moved on is lamentable as the current replacement is not entirely capable nor compatible with an Arts and Humanities format such as exists in this school. This should be addressed asap. Thankfully, in spite of this obstacle, the teachers themselves have persevered to keep the students in this newly re-modeled school singing, dancing, creating and achieving top scores across the board! Keep up the fantastic work!

Posted August 05, 2013
Sorensen School continues to be a wonderful school for my daughter. She is starting her third year there and is happy about it! She loves the advanced learning program, the great and committed teachers and all the creative arts and humantiies offerings: juggling; Canto de Sorensen; chess; marimbas; theater...We both love the sense of community created at this school. Very satisfied and happy with this high-quality school. It will also be wonderful to have a remodeled school building and playground. This is icing on the cake!

Posted July 17, 2013
Learning is fun again. My children love this school because of the sense of community it evokes. All children are taught to abide by the motto "safe, responsible and polite".. On top of that all students are encouraged to participate in performing arts....sounds scary to a timid first grader, but the the benefits have been clearly seen. Confidence gained via the arts in incredible. Test scores are proven to be on top of the district. Uniforms are in place but fun and fresh...any color of embroidered polo shirt paired with khaki or black bottoms. LOVE, LOVE Sorensen. Excited to see what the current remodel will look like and what the school is able to offer because of it.

Posted May 08, 2013
Sorensen is the best elementary school in the district, bar none. My son is treated as an individual and the entire staff has worked with him to ensure his success this year. He lost his father suddenly during this past school year and I have been so grateful that he was attending Sorensen when this tragedy occurred. All the adults surrounded him with love and support and made a very difficult situation so much easier for both him and I. He used to hate school, now he talks about going to see his school "family" and everyday I hear about how Sorensen is "AWESOME!" His grades have gone up and he is doing so well. I cannot say enough good things about Sorensen.

Posted October 17, 2009
Exellent art & humanities programs. Love all the extras that are offered. Offers a comprehensive, well-rounded curriculum. Staff is wonderful and very personable. Definitely worth losing the transportation factor and having to drive them to/from.

Sorensen Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
I love the incorporation of the arts--how they infuse the core subject areas and allow for a well-rounded and holistic education that proves its success in high performance in SAT scores and student satisfaction as well as motivation and a love of learning. Sorensen is the best!

Posted January 14, 2009
My kids have blossomed so much since the began attending Sorensen a year and a half ago. The teachers are incredible, the extracurricular activities are amazing, and the kids just LOVE going to school. Being a magnet school, there are so many activities that simlpy aren't available at other schools, such as the 'artist in residence' program, juggling, marimbas, and African drumming. Last year even my then kindergartener was exposed to learning the violin. it is definately worth checking out to see if there is an open spot for your child!

Sorensen Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2008
Sorensen has been a great school for our family. My oldest has been there K- 5 and has had some great opportunities for learning and for fun! He is very comfortable and safe and enjoys going to school. Most of his teachers have been AWESOME and the two we were displeased with have left. One of the other reviews would not reccommend K, but they have a new teacher and she is perfect! Our youngest has learned so much and loves her and school. She is patient, kind, experienced, and knowledgeable. Parents are welcomed to help and be involved!

Posted August 10, 2007
All five of my sons loved Sorensen as they finished through and went onto Jr. High. I felt the teachers are very dedicated, and gave 100%. I was always in touch with my children's teachers and volunteered for many hours. My older children have gone to school in AZ and Ca. and these schools never gave my children the desire to learn so much, and explore the world, as Sorensen has. The music program alone was creative and enabled our children to express them- selves, even if they felt shy or inhibited. To this day.....as my children have become adults, they have exceeded my expecta- tions and are great, caring, and hard- working.

Sorensen Elementary School
311 North 9th St, Coeur D Alene, ID  83814
Last modified Sorensen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sorensen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top