Dietrich, ID

Dietrich School 1

Posted February 19, 2014
Send your kids to Shoshone where they might have a chance at getting an actual education. The religious oppression that permeates the community and occurs in this school is alarming. Attempting to forbid teachers to teach core curriculum about reproduction (Google this topic) and advancing/graduating illiterate children who can barely read and write only hurts the child and places a burden on the rest of society.

Dietrich School 5

Posted October 12, 2013
Great school! Great teachers! Kids have opportunities to participate in pretty much everything the school has to offer. Yes we are a smaller school so not everything is offered. But, I still see much advantages to being here. We moved to Dietrich from out of state where my kids came from grades with 600 kids. There you were a face in the crowd. Here you are known and seen. Grades have 20 kids. It is old fashioned where everyone knows everyone. The teachers are personable and great with the kids. My children are thriving. Coming here was an excellent choice.

Dietrich School 5

Posted June 22, 2012
My Children love going to school and I love the teachers and environment the children are afforded. I have four children attending and all have done well. I also appreciate the fact that I too can be involved in my childrens education here. We appreciate the teachers and the work they do and how much they care for our children not only educationally but personally. Thanks DHS teachers and staff.

Dietrich School 1

Posted February 28, 2011
Agree with the previous posting about teachers not working with the children. As a parent, communication from the school has been dismal at best. Phone calls and messages are not returned. Our step-son was recently "given" extra points because he was behind in his AR goal. This does not help him become accountable, which is something we are parents are trying to instill, nor does it give him any incentive. Other children are left with the thought, "Why bother reading if the teacher will awards you the points anyway?". The education, classes and activities afforded at other schools is better. This school (and town) is extremely religion oriented and that seems to be more important to many of the staff than ensuring that all of the children receiving a quality education. I am seeking other schooling options for my children until the situation improves.

Dietrich School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
This was not a good school. They say that small schools are good schools but that is and understatement for this school. The eduation wasn't good and the teachers don't really work with the students. The teachers give the grades acording to religion. I'm not rasest but the kids, teachers, and all the people are very rasest about religion. I have no rate for this school.

Dietrich School 3

Posted August 28, 2008
I would agree with the previous posting--that 'smaller schools' typically do give more one-on-one attention. However, I do believe there is always room for improvement and these kids deserve to have classes and activities available to them that larger schools have. I would love to see the kids have access to a Certified Art and/or Music teacher!

Dietrich School 4

Posted August 25, 2008
The teachers are here because they love children, they are able to give more one on one attention than they would be able to in a bigger school.

Dietrich School
406 North Park, Dietrich, ID  83324
Last modified Dietrich School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dietrich School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top