Galileo Math & Science Magnet 1

Posted July 06, 2014
Staff is not friendly. Teachers are too harsh. Lunches are overpriced. The kids here a bad influence. My kid hates his experience at this school.

Posted April 07, 2013
Galileo STEM Academy (science, technology, engineering and math) is like a private school, but it's public. It is an amazing K-8 school where great teaching, technology, and high parental involvement all come together to create an excellent learning environment. Kids start engineering classes in kindergarten and continue through 8th grade. The PTA is active and works well with the school teachers to improve the school. The school is only 6 years old so the classrooms have built in technology including smart boards, document cameras etc. The school has been wonderful for my two boys who have been there since kindergarten.

Galileo Math & Science Magnet 1

Posted January 20, 2013
My son started here as a kindergartener three years ago. As my husband and I sat at the first parent night and listened to his prospective teacher describe what was to be accomplished by the students at the end of the year, we realized that our son had completed that work 2 years prior at montessori. Since then, we have seen is progress and test scores go down and his interest in learning deteriorate. We have tried working with the staff and administration over the past two years to keep him challenged but the response has often been non-productive, punitive discipline in an effort to work to what even they recognize is his potential. Our son is a curious, bright kid but, as with lots of 7-year-old boys, is not cut out to sit at a desk and do rote paperwork or learn science through "Magic School Bus" movies. Although he loves the engineering program, we are pulling him this week and moving him to a more challenging, private school that encourages a passion for lifelong learning through hands-on experience, an individual approach to the child and parent-school teamwork.

Galileo Math & Science Magnet 4

Posted February 03, 2012
This is a great school for the right type of student/family. The student success comes partly from increased parental involvement and highly motivated students. I am not a fan of the 'investigations' math that is taught here as our fifth grader cannot do simple calculations by this method. The teachers and staff have all been excellent. If your child is not strongly self motivated in academics this may not be the best choice.

Posted November 02, 2011
We LOVE Galileo!! We have been at Galileo since it opened 5 years ago. There is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for the amazing opportunities available to my kids! Mrs. McCullough, the principal, has created a phenomenal team of teachers and staff. These incredible teachers have helped out students earn top scores routinely in the district and in the state! Since Kindergarten my kids have enjoyed engineering as a weekly "special" along with music, PE, computers, and library. Due to the amazing involvement of parents, Galileo offers a variety of activities such as PTA Reflections, Jump Rope group, intramural sports, and more. Galileo has the largest Chess group in the state of Idaho. For me, it is worth the 5 mile drive from Meridian to drive my kids to school everyday. LOVE Galileo!!

Posted April 13, 2011
My daughter attends Galileo. My daughter has great friends. There is no bullying, it is 100% not accepted! No one is allowed to swear. The kids do not dress like gangsters, their pants fit and they look like nice kids. She has exceeded amazingly from where she was at her old school. I am very inpressed and satisfied with all my daughters scores. One thing that I absolutely LOVE is that there are not as many kids to each class,so everyone feels more involved. My daughters class tops out with 22 students. The learning process is visual, hands on and audio. It meets all needs for the learning process! They have the best staff. The staff takes time to make sure everyone is understanding. Mrs. Bentley, Mrs. Haggard, Mrs Marshall, Mr. A, Mr. Sandvan, Mrs. Knight, Mr. Fullwood, Mr. Howard, Mrs Halley, are just some names that come to mind for excellence!!!!!!! The parents are very much involved. The PTA is wonderful. I am considering joining next year. . The Principal is amazing. I would really recommend this school to anyone! I HIGHLY recommend this school!!! I am divorced, and my ex-husband will even drive 2 times a week from Nampa just to bring her to school! Thank you!

Posted February 02, 2011
This is the first year for all my four children. Wow !! Awsome staff and Principal, they realy care! They beleive in " educating the whole child ". My kids love school again, even my 8th grader. A great example of what happens when you have a great staff and lots of involved parents, it takes both.

Posted September 26, 2010
We have attended Galileo for 4 years and think it is the best school in the area. The emphasis on Math and Science with an Engineering basis has been wonderful.

Galileo Math & Science Magnet 3

Posted January 07, 2010

Galileo Math & Science Magnet
4735 West Saguaro Dr, Eagle, ID  83616
Last modified Galileo Math & Science Magnet is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galileo Math & Science Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top