Eagle, ID

Posted September 04, 2014
1. The school has new administration. 2. The new secretary and administrator are wonderful. 3. Eagle elementary has the BEST teachers. 4. Your child will not be left behind unless you fight it. 5. The teachers can be a bit old school as far as expectations of the students and behavior...I love my son being in this environment because it teaches them how to get along with others early and helps them to understand natural consequences. 6. I just love the school and all of the parents and students my son is able to have relationships with. Very appreciative.

Posted May 07, 2014
I started at Star Elementary and communication was missing. I made the tough decision to move my child to EESA and have never been so happy. I am thankful that there is such an amazing school in our area. Thank you Eagle Elementary!

Eagle Elementary School Of Arts 2

Posted January 29, 2014
Eagle Elementary staff is not friendly nor helpful. Some of the teachers are great. Those that aren't can really be bad...my daughter's second grade teacher always sat behind the desk - was rough (speaking) with kids, would not let them go to the bathroom except at her appointed times which resulted in a little boy wetting his pants one day - his mother was furious - hadn't happened since she potty trained him 5 years previously! She did not feel like the staff was helpful at all, neither did I in my situation. The music, art, and theater are good but they are super remedial in math and science.

Eagle Elementary School Of Arts 3

Posted January 27, 2014
I've had 2 students at Eagle Elem. -both advanced in math and it took the administration/teachers 4 months to figure out where/how to place them. Still, their adjustments weren't adequate and I eventually took them out. The teachers seem to either be really good or really not, though I know one of those we were unhappy with a few years ago is now retired. There is a lot of parent involvement and some great art, music, and theater programs. Our biggest complaint is the administration. Today, the website is STILL not current and I'm pretty sure it never has been, at least in the 5 years we have been affiliated with them. One of the 5th grade teachers who was excellent doesn't even teach there anymore but is still listed on their site. We have not had good relations with the secretary - after 5 years of dealing with her, I feel she is power hungry, argumentative, and really slow or just unaware. I had multiple times when she did not send my messages to the principal or evaded my questions or gave me misinformation. If you can handle the administration, and are super involved as an advocate for your child, I would recommend this school. We loved the music & art teachers.

Posted September 29, 2013
This school is the best in the area. I have had kids at Star and Galileo and I have been so impressed by this school and their teachers. I am particularly impressed by Ms. Bunn who set the stage for my daughter's success in middle school. Her math class was so strong that every child in her class (100%) tested as advanced.

Posted June 04, 2013
Awesome! We are a recognized 5-Star school within the school district which is a huge accomplishment. I love the arts twist on things too! My girls are getting to experience so many great things that they wouldn't get to at our assigned school.

Posted August 29, 2010
I am so pleased with this school. I moved my youngest child from Eagle Hills in the latter part of last school year, and he is excelling! He jumped a grade level in reading in only 1 month, and achieved higher grades overall. He was challenged & excited about his schoolwork. I am very impressed with the Principal's caring & approachable manner towards the students & parents, and his firm leadership. My son's teacher was also WONDERFUL. My son has struggled with his speech, and his teacher made sure to get him tested and start speech classes for him, even though there was only a month left in the school year; the other school did nothing to help him. She was also very caring & took an interest in my son; she really made my son feel welcomed and accepted. We are so thankful to be a part of this school!

Posted January 07, 2010
We are somewhat picky and have had children in 2 other elementary schools in Eagle. This is by far the best school our children have attended. The principal is outstanding and the teachers are first rate. The math is stronger than at the math school and the children love the school.

Posted December 02, 2008
Our daughter moved this year to Eagle Elementary School of the Arts from Eagle Hills and we could not be happier! We love this school. She is very happy here and is progressing at an amazing rate. We adore her teacher who takes a very personal interest in her students and ALL aspects of their growth at school. A great big thank you to Eagle Elementary School of the Arts!

Posted April 18, 2008
LOVE IT! Mrs. Miller (2), Mrs. Bunn, both outstanding! Have had great teachers for the last three years (all still with the school - Florence & Roban). Physical Education (Hill) has passion, always has activities going, works hard to get the kids more (climbing wall, etc) and all of the kids love him. Parent support is great! New Principal (Kohlmeier) is fantastic and takes care of issues with a strong hand but is compasionate and caring. We feel very fortunate to have landed at such a great place.

Eagle Elementary School Of Arts
475 North Eagle Rd, Eagle, ID  83616
Last modified Eagle Elementary School Of Arts is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Elementary School Of Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top