Bad
Good

School administration is terse every time we interact with them. My child has been being bullied for a few months and the school still has yet to do anything they said they would. It seems like there's definitely a community you need to be a part of at this school and if you're not, don't expect any help. Even though it's towards the end of the year, we're likely going to unenroll my child and finish out the year homeschooling. Per staff we've spoken with and other parents, there's a teacher in the third grades that yells at and demeans the children that we've been warned to make sure our child doesn't get. Any school that would allow that isn't worth your time.

We love this school, the teachers are great and really care about the kids and their education

This is a wonderful school. The teachers have high academic expectations for every student. I have three children who go to the school and their teachers have been excellent. I love the administration and always feel that I can talk with anyone at anytime. There are things that could be better, but I would expect that at any school. I am so grateful for the administration and staff at White Pine Charter School.

Sucks! Don't waste you time at this trashy school. Everything about it is bad! The school wastes money on things that they don't even need.

This school sucks. The teachers aren't good at their job, and the students are mean.

We've been at White Pine for 4 years now. It was excellent at first, but ever since the change in principals 2 years ago we've seen a steadily decline. Poor leadership has affected the quality of teaching & the way parents & students are treated. There are still a few great teachers, but more & more we're having problems with teachers/staff being rude & disrespectful to kids AND parents. It reached the point this year that we're checking into other schools. A few examples: Two teachers yell & scream at kids all day, one called kids in a 1st grade class "idiots" & told them they have "big fat mouths". That teacher also ripped my head off when I was volunteering. Another just has kids color or watch movies all day. Some don't even have teaching degrees & have taught my kids incorrect information that we have had to re-teach correctly at home. The school touts it's "5-star-school" status, but I'm not seeing 5-star-worthy teaching anymore. If we end up leaving, I don't rule out the possibility of returning someday down the road. However, it won't happen unless a MUCH better principal is selected and the poor & unkind teachers are weeded out or leave.

Last modified White Pine Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.