Idaho Falls, ID
Before care: Yes

Watersprings School 3

Posted September 03, 2014
We've had a wonderful history with Watersprings [formerly known as Calvary Chapel Christian School] teachers and the loving, warm environment they provide to our elementary age kids. However, when it comes to the older grades and the need to challenge our kids, they fall FAR BELOW the mark. They still have a great deal of work that needs to be done in order to get their Jr. and Sr. High schools up to par. And while they do a great job with giving grace to students, what that does is create a BIG problem in teaching kids accountability and organization. We have found with several other families who have left about the 3rd-4th grade and up, that the kids are FAR BEHIND the local public school curriculum in math and science. So I had my straight A student tested at the end of the school year and sure enough -- he/she scored a 49. FOURTY NINE. I was disgusted to know that I'd spent thousands of dollars in tuition to be behind and with more tuition hikes coming because of the vast amount of "scholarships" and "forgiveness" being granted to pay for other families who weren't paying - I just couldn't continue to supplement a school for my children to be behind the curve.

Posted April 29, 2014
My children have been going to CCCS for 7 years (with a 2 year break in between due to commuting challenges). The teachers, staff, and the curriculum are top notch. They have an wonderful music program which is such a blessing considering that funding for music programs in public schools has been cut to almost nothing. I was particularly impressed with the fact that my 3rd grader who was in public school in 1st and 2nd grade, transferred to CCCS after the 1st trimester of 3rd and was significantly behind in math. She was still reviewing single digit addition/subtraction and moved to a class at Calvary where they were already learning multiple digit multiplication. I am thankful that we had that experience to appreciate the advanced academic level of teaching at CCCS. Above all things, we love the love and nurturing the students receive from the principal, the pastor, and all the teachers who work closely with one another. The kids go to chapel once a week, participate in outreach to nursing homes, and memorize bible verses every week. It's a wonderful school and we love the heart training that our children are receiving.

Posted April 29, 2014
I recommend this school to anyone who wants to put their kids in private school. They are very attentive to the students and genuinely care. I know the teachers are there because they want to be and not because they are paid a lot or tenured. They love the kids and show the love of God through their actions. It has been a tremendous blessing to have our son there.

Watersprings School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
This school has shined in the past with the ability of teachers and administrators to reach out to kids beyond just the classroom. It warms my heart to see my kids run up and give a hug to their teachers or Pastor Scotty and the genuine caring they all have for our kids. We have appreciated the extra efforts and caring nature of our teachers and while some teachers are excellent educators, the decision to not hire certified/degreed teachers has had it's negative consequences. While my children have excelled in school (as measured by their own performance and high scores on the standardized tests), the school does not publish its scores publicly; and in testing our kids outside of school, we have found that they are indeed 1 or more years behind the local public schools in math. I am angered that we are paying so much in tuition for our kids to be behind. The recent changes in the principal have gone from bad to disastrous and a more effective leader would certainly be a start to bringing this school back on track.

Posted April 29, 2014
We are wrapping our first year up at Calvary Chapel Christian School. It was a big decision to leave the public school system and put our child in private. We have no regrets. Calvary Chapel Christian School has small class sizes, and we have been astonished how much our daughter has learned this year. Another amazing benefit to Calvary Chapel Christian School is every staff member truly loves every child. They take time to ensure the children are learning academically, but also teachers and staff hold our children accountable for their actions and words and help children make appropriate decisions with their behavior. We have not looked back since leaving District 91. Unfortunately, Idaho's public schools are suffering in many areas currently. My hope is the public school system will one day improve, but we cannot afford to have our child lost in a system that is ranked nearly at the bottom nationally while they try to figure out how to improve. It has been great comfort knowing our child is not in an overwhelmed system with large class sizes any longer but instead she is challenged and expected to perform her best in every aspect of her life every single day.

Posted April 28, 2014
This has been a wonderful school for my child. The teachers are caring and passionate about their students. The student to teacher ratio is low (about 1/17). This year my student is in the Jr. high portion of the school and loves all the exploratory classes (i.e. art, cooking, building, etc.). I would love to see the school have more afterschool activities for the student body.

Posted April 28, 2014
I couldn't ask for a better school. It's definitely the wonderful teachers that make this school so special.

Posted April 28, 2014
Calvary Chapel Christian School is awesome, my daughter loves her teacher's and I'm so fortunate that she can attend a school that she can be learn about God.

Posted April 28, 2014
CCCS is beyond compare! I know that my child has the best of many worlds when it comes to schooling - spiritually, morally and academically. The teachers, principals and all staff are the best! They genuinely care for each child and want to see them excel in all facets of the children's lives. To know that my child is not only learning at an accelerated pace, but is growing in his walk with the Lord, gives my mind and heart peace!

Posted April 28, 2014
Great teachers and staff, they are what truly makes the difference in my children's education! I love the fact that God is at the center of it all,

Watersprings School