Bad
Good

I feel like this school is average because there is good and there is bad. The good part is that I have made so many friends here during seventh grade and I'm going into eighth grade this year. They have great activities and contests and assembly's. The bad part about this school is that the teachers really don't help the student very well. They provide multiple resources for us to learn it ourselves but sometimes they don't even tell us which ones to use. And the grading system , sucks . But overall I enjoyed going to school everyday . They have a great community there.

My 12 year old son has attending this school only for his electives this year. We have him taking the remainder of his courses thru K12 for the first time, due to the unsatisfactory instruction and learning environment we had heard about. The rumors are TRUE. This is the worst school I have ever encountered. I contacted the adviser about the math courses offered and was told that what my son studies now in his 7th grade curriculum thru K12 would be their equivalent of an advanced 8th grader!!! My son was verbally harassed by the Industrial Arts teacher just this week. When I brought this to the attention of the district superintendent and vice principal, I was told to send the teacher an email! So far absolutely no disciplinary action has been taken against this teacher. My son as well as my three other children will never step foot in the Kuna Middle School again. You would have to be completely naive and disconnected to think this school is a healthy environment for kids much less even an adequate education. I hope for the sake of these kids attending that changes can be made. Sadly it may take enough parents coming forward who's children have such experiences.

My daughter has attended KMS for two years. She is a part of the pilot program "Synergy". I have been very pleased with the teachers and the administration. It has been very clear to me that the staff at KMS cares for the students. They promote a healthy, fun, and innovative learning environment.

School SRO is a Try hard more Interested in intimidating students other than Communicating to them on their level . Makes assumptions and then makes decisions based of his assumptions instead of the facts (he obviously didn't pay attention in his classes the military gives you when you join the civilian world) .The communication is ZERO the majority of teachers would rather talk down their nose than be on the teens level.Several of my employees have attended this school and said it was the worst school experience of their life. My son had straight A's and enjoy school in Boise. he moved out here with me in 5th grade. since then His grades have tanked Hes been called racist slurs and will get physically sick when he has to go to school . I have lost all faith in this schools ability to do their job. The ONLY time i ever have trouble with my sons behavior is when he has to go to school in the morning and i mean that .othr than that he a well mannered astute young man.

Kuna middle alumni. I went there for sixth and seventh grade and I wish I had no memories of this place. I was treated like dirt by the students and the teachers did nothing to help me out. I was stabbed in the leg by a girl with a pencil and all they did was call her dad and asked me to go back to class. Nothing more than that was done. This is a terrible school with no future at the rate it's still going. Looked at it again hoping maybe it had gotten better as an option to put my own children through there but alas I was met with no good results. Highly recommend Falcon Ridge Charter over this school.

There is no communication between the school and the parents. Just an example - They had a fun day at the end of the school year that put the students outside in the sun for 3 1/2 hours, and nothing was sent home to parents to let them know the kids would be outside all afternoon and would need sunscreen. As a result, almost all of the students were badly sunburned. If there's no money for paper then this school needs to jump into modern times and email parents any pertinent information. There's no excuse for such a lack of communication.

I have a daughter in 8th grade and I'm not happy with education she gets. Teachers spend too much class time making students grade their own homework that makes less work for teachers (no need to grade home work and less time to teach),and less time for students to learn new topic. Their STEM program is an overrated program because it does not teaches important basics and has no capable teachers. I've noticed many new and young staff. The principal rules school like a dictator. School management is not parent friendly: it condemn any critique that calls them to be accountable and take action.

This school is great. My daughter has excelled do far. They always make sure that what she is doing is challenging her. I highly recommend this school.

Last modified Kuna Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.