Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Prospect is the worst school. First grade teacher was terrible. The principal herself is very rude. The front desk ladies are super nice as well as the other employees at the school, but the first grade teacher and the principal are awful people!

My son has been labeled from the beginning because of a small mistake. I believe it's mostly his teacher and not the entire school that I'm against but it has been very difficult for my son to enjoy 1st grade with this particular teacher. We've complained and all they can do is back her up so basically nothing changed. I'm no sending my other children to this school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I had an opportunity as a Father to volunteer for a day that the kids had a field trip which gave me a chance to see how our teacher, children and other volunteers interacted with one another. I also had the opportunity to drop my child off in the mornings and only one time did I see children chase another student that was a bit unwarranted but the teacher on duty stepped in immediately and asked the boys to quit chasing the girl.

Our Daughter just finished her first year in Kindergarten and I can't say enough great things about her teacher and the staff. Our daughter learned to read in her class and excelled. I think some of that has to do with how involved the parents are with homework etc. We kept a watchful eye all year to make sure our daughter was doing the things she needed. The school also some great opportunities for parents to get involved either during the day and a few after school events for the entire family. There was Fathers Day donuts and Mothers day events. We did experience a problem with a 2nd grader on the bus route and the Principal responded immediately and remedied the situation the very next day. Overall we loved our first year at Prospect and my daughter is super excited to start 1st Grade in the Fall.

I would not recommend this school to anyone. My two children, in kindergarten and 2nd grade, attended this school for one year, but after only being at this school for one year I had to pull them out. My oldest daughter got made fun of every day, not only that but the principal is very unfriendly. I've had poor experience after poor experience all year long.

My children only attended this school for a few months after we moved to the state halfway through the year. My kids, then in second and third grade, had been going to Washington schools that hadn't covered some material that had already been taught at their grade levels here. Both of their teachers outright bullied them and made them feel unintelligent, my son's teacher even making him stay in at recess on his first day because he didn't know the times tables that he hadn't been taught yet. We felt unwelcome here and mistreated by the teachers as well as the principal. Thankfully we won a lottery to get them into Paramount Elementary the next year, and the difference between the two schools was night and day. Prospect just wasn't an environment I wanted to kids to be in.

We are disappointed and moved our kids. Some of the problem is curriculum, but also some teachers refuse to ensure EVERY child is challenged and learns. (though some are fantastic). We had problems with a 1st grade teacher, and got no support from the principal, only reassurance that she is a good teacher. The district makes it worse by allowing 800 kids in a school for 650, while building in the zone continues.

We were very disappointed by this school. My son was both bullied by students and his 1st grade teacher. He was left bored and unchallenged everyday. His teacher would argue with him in front of the class regularly and was usually wrong about what she argued with him about. A student spit in his face and when he told the teacher the teacher told him to worry about himself and did nothing about it. I am so thankful he got into North Star Charter School where he has thrived! We have never had one issue with bulling and he continues to be challenged academically. Thank God for Charter schools!!

Prospect Elementary is a fantastic school with an amazing staff!! Our children love it and we do too!!

We have been with this school since it first opened. It has a wonderful caring staff and a great principal. There are lot of opportunities to volunteer and become very involved as a parent.

Last modified Prospect Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.