Meridian, ID

Posted September 02, 2014
Paramount Elementary is an excellent school. The staff there are a true example of what an elementary school should be. The teachers and principal go above and beyond what is expected of them. It is truly a school of character. This is my 8th year there, and it amazes me each and every year how the staff conducts themselves and how they make it the best it can be for our kids. The principal will be one that my kids will never forget. I am an active volunteer and you can tell that the staff there strives to be the best school that it can be. I feel extremely lucky to to have my kids attend Paramount.

Paramount Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2014
Not impressed. Who uses Spelling City to actually teach spelling? Our children's spelling has suffered because of this. The principal always appears to be goofing off - chatting it up with the ladies in the front office each time my wife and I have come in.

Paramount Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2014
In second grade my child didn't have spelling words when other 2nd grade classes did. In 3rd grade, she had a great teacher but I don't know why my neighbor's daughter had more challenging work in math and different spelling lists, and she was in a standard 3rd grade-not the magnet program. Oh, yes and the social part of Paramount is slightly changing. Not sure if it's okay now to not be Mormon It seems it's becoming a little more diverse. I can see why a previous review mentioned it! Meridian and Eagle, in general, are great places to raise your kids in ONLY if YOU ARE MORMON. There still maybe some bias when choosing the awards at the school:(
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 16, 2013
We love Paramount! Our son has some special needs and has thrived at this school. We just wish it was K-12.

Posted July 01, 2013
We are getting ready to move to another state and we sad to be leaving Paramount. The teachers have been very good and you can tell the principal, Mr. Brigham, enjoys his job and the children. Parent involvement is very high. The office staff are friendly and very helpful. We hope to find our new school as nice as this one!

Posted February 01, 2013
Paramount is an exceptional school. I have two children attending at this time and we have had outstanding teachers. The school has a wonderful community feel. It is the most populated elementary school in Idaho, but yet it runs so smoothly that you wouldn't know it is filled to maximum capacity...until school event and assembly days! If you are reading these parent comments, I would advise you to disregard the comments that suggest this school is preferential to mormons. There is only one teacher I am aware of who is a member of the mormon church, and the principal is not. Sometimes when you look for the negative you can find it, even when it is created by you!

Posted February 13, 2012
Paramount has a great principal, great staff, great parent involvement, and great students! The idea that Mormons are held in higher regard at this school is absurd. My daughter received a character award and we are not Mormon. I have never had an issue that I needed to bring to the principal's attention, but I found him to be very warm and kind. This is one of the better elementary school choices in the school district.

Posted November 17, 2011
I love this school! The principal is Awesome and Mrs. A is absolutely the best teacher ever. The teachers are loving and kind and the kids love school. There is so much parent involvement that the children get lots of 1 on 1 help. We recently moved to the South and I have to tell you we sooooo miss Paramount. We knew we loved Paramount, but we had no idea how really great it was there. There are a lot of mormons, but they do so much work and volunteer so much of their time. The new school we are at is ranked very high. It had 10 stars, but there is no parent involvement, and there is not much fun for the kids. Love, Love, Love this school. Seriously the principle is awesome and always willing to work with you. When I was there I had a problem with one of the teachers. She was not a good fit for my child and he was willing to work with me and moved my child into a new class! I would give this school 10 stars if I could.

Paramount Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2011
This school is extremely against Non-Mormons. All the Character Awards are the Mormon families, same family names, year after year. They don't want anyone rocking the boat, oh no....Don't move to Idaho unless you are a Mormon....glad we are moving!!!

Paramount Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2011
Most of the teachers are wonderful! The principal on the other hand -will not accept responsiblity and will push you off to someone else if you have an issue (of ANY kind). Maybe you have to be part of the correct 'church group'. My oldest son for the most part was unhappy at Paramount. He absolutely loved 6th and now 7th grade at Sawtooth (getting good grades and HAPPY). Too many rules and agressive teachings at Paramount that are being pushed onto ELEMENTARY kids (and RUSHED through). I do not believe this is any fault of the teachers at all but certainly a reflection of the principal.

Paramount Elementary School
550 West Producer Dr, Meridian, ID  83646
Last modified Paramount Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paramount Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top