Bad
Good

Posted January 07, 2015
This school is excellent! I have interacted with many of the teachers and staff and everyone is so friendly and caring. All of my daughters teachers have put individual thought into my daughter as a single person, not just part of a class. Great family events, etc. We love this school!

Sienna Magnet School 3

Posted November 04, 2013
This is my daughters first year at the shool and I have been disappointed with every interaction with the principal. They are more interested in placing blame back on the family than looking in the mirror and at their own processes to try to make things better for all involved. I definitely do not feel that my childs best interest is at the heart of any issue we have had. The teachers on the other hand are absolutely fabulous, loving and caring. I tend to agree with whoever posted on 9/26 about the lack of announcements, last minute notices and everything during the day - like working parents can get away anytime.

Sienna Magnet School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
The review written September 20th, appears to have been written by a teacher or at least a volunteer. My children have attended Sienna since it opened 2008. Some teachers are better than others. Some appear to be going through the motions. Announcement for events are last minute, and never seem to take parents schedule into consideration. Apparently the staff feels that parents are always available. School events are always scheduled during working ours - how are we supposed to attend. Start time on Wednesdays are at 9:20? This is because teachers do not want to have a "working lunch" like the rest of working America - even though they really only work 8 months a year. Communication from teachers is poor. There are fund raisers; however, no real tracking on where the funds go. Every year, we furnish materials for our children. Those materials are then pooled together and dispersed throughout the entire class. So, what are these funds being used for?

Posted September 20, 2013
I have two children that have gone through Siena over the past 5 years and I have been extremely pleased with the teachers, office staff as well as the students and parents. I think the teachers at Siena work very hard to help the students achieve excellence, but also take time to know the students and not turn away when a child is going through hard times (personal or educational). My experience with all the staff at Siena has been exceptional!! Even with statewide education funding cutbacks, Siena and the Siena PTA worked hard to raise money to always ensure our kids have everything they need and then some! They have the latest technology in every classroom and seem to do a great job at keeping up with new technology! OH.... and Siena PTA is very good at getting parents involved with events like Muffins with Mom, Donuts with Dads, Movie Nights at the school, silent auctions, the school carnival, fundraisers at local restaurants, etc. All the events we have been to seem to constantly be filled, with a lot of excitement from the students and parents!

Sienna Magnet School 2

Posted August 24, 2011
We moved into the area in June 2009. This school had the only available slot for my GT level son entering 4th gr. It was a pull out GT program. I was very disappointed. My son's reg ed and GT teachers seemed unable to communicate and consequently his grades from both classes were averaged incorrectly and are still in his permanent file now. it reflects as below grade level as opposed to the 6th grade math and literature he was doing. Despite numerous requests, research, and follow-up, incl. weekly class volunteering there has been no response by the school to correct this issue, which effects all GT kids not just mine. I hope the process has improved since then. The kindergarten teacher was unimaginative and seemed inflexible. I choose another school the following year and was very happy with it.

Posted December 07, 2010
I have interacted with a large number of the teaching and adminstrative staff and have found them to be excellent in their attention to the children. They do care about the students and they get involved even if it means getting on the floor to assist the students with their work and projects. Their combined attitudes are always up beat and friendly.

Sienna Magnet School
2870 East Rome Dr, Meridian, ID  83642
Last modified Sienna Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.