Meridian, ID

Posted May 29, 2014
My daughter is currently enroll in the pre-k program with Mrs. Peralta and its the best experience I have had with a teacher. She works with the kids at a level were they understand and exceeds every expectation of the level of learning for a child at that age. My child is now at a level that she can even read level one books. She is wonderful and I can thank her enough for making my experience as a first time parent so great. My child is advance and is more then ready for kinder. I know its because of her dedication in her students and the time to make it a wonderful experience for both the kids and the parents. Thank you very highly satisfied.

Posted November 08, 2013
I really like that Hubbard reaches out to involve parents in all aspects of our child's learning program and offers us the opportunity to help at the school regularly. They are very friendly and our son loves this school and his teachers.

Posted October 21, 2012
Hubbard has the best morale and the most amazing sense of community than any other school I have ever visited. Their office staff is knowledgable and so kind. Their teachers are enthusiastic and teachers who don't even work with my child go out of their way to say hello. My child's teacher always differentiates her lessons and pushes each child to the best of their potential. I disagree completely with the parent who said the principal and teachers don't care. My child is also advanced and this has never been my experience here and my child has attended this school all four years. They make decisions based on what is best for the student regardless of parent bullying. I have seen it happen when working in classrooms. Research shows it is actually detremental for kids to skip grades as they get older because of social development. I'm sure they thought the decision they made was best for that student. I would encourage you to call the school. Visit it for yourself. You will be super impressed with everything they do to meet the needs of all students!

Hubbard Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2012
I was not impressed with this school at all. My daughter was advanced when she entered the school & skipped K. When in 1st grade, she was challenged for the most part, but 2nd grade she was used as a teachers aid to help the students who were struggling, so she didn't learn much of anything and in 3rd grade, her teacher told me in our 1st conference, "there's nothing that I am going to teach in this class that she either doesn't already know or isn't going to master in a snap". I spoke w/ the principal & teacher several times about challenging her or moving her up a grade & NOTHING was ever done! Nothing that was promised to my daughter or I were ever followed through and the 3 years she was there was a waste of our time. She learned more with me at home in one summer than she did the entire 3 years she was there. The teachers, principal & staff could really care less. They only cared about helping the students who had IEP's to help their test scores, but really could care less about the actual student. It was a horrible experience!

Hubbard Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2011
Our teacher didn't seem to have control of the children in her class. If I had realized this sooner I would have requested a transfer for my son. We were very impressed with the principal but are nervous now that she will be overseeing both Hubbard and Teed and will see her involvement stretched thin.

Hubbard Elementary School 4

Posted January 04, 2011
I admit that I had some concerns about my son attending Hubbard after I learned that it rated so poorly, but I have since changed my mind. My son has had excellent teachers at this school, and the environment is one which truly cares about the students and their academic progress. Hubbard doesn't have the financial resources available to create high-tech learning environments, but they make up for it by challenging the students daily to strive for excellence. My son is half way through the first grade, and he is already reading and comprehending chapter books. Granted he is advanced, but his teacher is encouraging and challenging him to excell. All in all, this school has been an excellent experience for my son and myself, and I would encourage parents to not turn their back on the school just because of the low star review.

Posted November 10, 2010
Hubbard Elementary is a wonderful community! The staff works hard to create a culture of caring, and teaching children how to be generous, community minded individuals. My son loves his school. I am very impressed with the way they are differentiating instruction for students at different levels. I'm so glad that we moved to the Hubbard attendance area!!

Posted January 24, 2005
Our daughter Breanna loves her school. Tey are helping her in finding her weakest subjects and learning to make them fun she can understand more. She loves her music and PE teachers, I always hear about them everyday. The office staff is so friendly either in person or over the phone. Hubbard is a great school and when our youngest is ready to start I will request she goes into Mrs. DeForest's Kindergarten class.

Hubbard Elementary School
311 East Porter Rd, Meridian, ID  83634
Last modified Hubbard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hubbard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top