Meridian, ID

Posted June 08, 2013
We have been so impressed with Mary McPherson. The teachers at this school are outstanding! My daughter learned so much this year and her teacher was extremely knowledgeable. The principal was also doing everything from wiping down lunch tables, to working with students in her office. We could not ask for a better school!

Mary Mc Pherson Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2013
After fighting all year with bullying, we have found that some bullying was even being promoted by a teacher . Rather than deal with the situation, the prinicipal denies any possible problems, even after being confronted by more than one set of parents. We have been severly disappointed with the responses by the principal. If you have problems with administration at this school go directly to the couselor as she is the only one that seems to be able to help.

Posted April 09, 2013
Mary McPherson is an awesome school! I have two children that attend MME. My wife and I have been very pleased with the education they are receiving! The teachers are hard working, caring, and kind individuals that do their best to promote safe classroom communities. The principal is committed and dedicated to the students. Every encounter I've had with her has been positive and pleasant. I've witnessed the kindness of the students who genuinely care about each other. I've seen first hand a community that comes together to promote learning and create an environment that is creative, fun, and engaging for the students who attend MME!

Mary Mc Pherson Elementary School 1

Posted April 06, 2013
This school has a problem with bullying as previous reviews have stated. Attempts to address the issue are met with denial and smoke screens from the principal. After five years of poor experiences with this school, as well as ineffective anti-bullying policies, and obvious student favoring, I will be thrilled to have my child move on to middle school.

Mary Mc Pherson Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2012
This school has problems with bullying. We have spoken with several parents who unfortunately had problems with bullying at this school and poor school response. We read this site's reviews and still, we were unwilling to believe it was true when we went down the same path ourselves. The administrations response was severly lacking. Other reviews stating that the school cares more about popularity than responsibility, seems to be true. This is unfortunate as we think the school has a preponderence of really good teachers. We think the school adminstration just doesn't back them up as there is very little consequence for the worst behaved children. One school administrator, off the record, indicated that the school does not have consistent consequences for students with bad behavior. It is our opinion that this leads to worse behavior and bullying problems. We took our issues to the school district and they investigated, admitted that the school was remiss in handling the situation, and documented the new procedures that would be put in place to force the administration to follow through. Hopefully things will get better.

Mary Mc Pherson Elementary School 2

Posted July 10, 2009
I am going to comment on the review made by the March 28, 2008 posting because it completely dittos my sentiments in regards to the performance of this school. My experience with working with the 2007-2008 principal was very similar. The principal's character and method of operation was very difficult to work with because of her own lack of standards and accountability. I had the most disturbing communication from her and another administrator that put an inordinate amount of blame on a small child over their willingness to find fault or question their own supervision responsibilities. Her desire to make peace rather than to solve a genuine problem left the standard of the school very low. I found the children with the worst behavior received the largest pass. I was left with the very strong impression that her popularity was the most important part of her job.

Posted March 27, 2009
Mary Mac as we call it is the best school in our district. The teachers have a great attitude and help in development of the children's sense of self as well as the academia.

Posted June 22, 2008

Mary Mc Pherson Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2008
These 3 earlier reviews were posted based upon the previous principal. Our recent experience has been different. After 13 weeks of fighting the principal and the school district 'manager' we finally had our child moved to a different teacher following a very long and surprising experience with the teacher who was allowed to bully and belittle the children, and still enjoys being employed. The current principal is a nice lady (until you question her methods) yet is one who prefers to 'make peace' rather than to fix a problem. She initally attacks the parents and their parenting skills rather than to initiate an investigation into the situation at hand. She prefers to employ tactics based upon a 'middle school' mentality rather than to foster a caring and safe environment for the children. Most of the teachers are fantastic, but don't expect anything from the higher-ups if there is a problem.

Posted January 27, 2006
Our experience at Mary McPherson has been wonderful so far! I, too, would highly recommend this school to any and all parents considering a quality education for their children.

Mary Mc Pherson Elementary School
1050 East Amity Rd, Meridian, ID  83642
Last modified Mary Mc Pherson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Mc Pherson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top