Meridian, ID
Students enrolled: 1,075

Posted December 25, 2014
I hate the school it's probably the worst school besides local Scott in the whole district as a parent my child was not getting questions answered by her science teacher and the principles would not listen to her they wouldn't do anything about bullying they act like they care about it but they don't so now my child goes to sawtooth Meridian middle school sucks

Posted July 02, 2014
PLEASE USE CAUTION,IF YOU HAVE Bud Johnson,as your child's Teacher !! He has shown a lack in common sense towards His students.

Posted May 26, 2014
Meridian Middle School does a great job of supporting kids. The staff creates an environment where kids can be successful. The principal is a visible presence in the school who works hard to create a safe environment where academics are promoted. This is apparent in the continued increase in building test scores. The teachers have reasonable expectations for students and they work to help students learn and succeed. I have seen my 6th grader blossom this year at school. We love the music program at the school. I have one in orchestra and one who went through the choir program. Those teachers worked miracles with the students and created truly accomplished and talented performers. I am blown away at what the kids can do at every performance. My kids have also been involved in the athletic programs at MMS. The coaches have done a great job providing a supportive environment where kids are encouraged to improve and made to feel like they are an important part of the team. Meridian Middle School is a great place to send kids. Everyone works to make kids successful academically and socially.

Posted November 22, 2013
All three of my children have attended MMS and all three had amazing experiences. The teachers are dedicated and care about all of the students. They want them to be successful. When I have a question, the teachers are quick to respond. There is no other school that is so full of tradition and pride. I wouldn't have chosen another school for my kids.

Posted November 20, 2013
Both of my children have gone to MMS. My daughter currently goes there. We love it. The school is well balanced and the teachers are very helpful. The choir is amazing too. They have the kids best interest at heart. Go Chiefs!

Posted April 21, 2013
I don't like MMS. I feel that their focus is not on educating the students, but on controlling them. My child never has homework, and is unable to study for tests due to there isn't enough textbooks for the students. With that in mind the only emails I receive are regarding their dress code, which in my opinion is too strict. It seems that is their primary focus. I also paid a substantial amount of money for my child to play tennis and all of the games I've been to she hasn't improved, gets minimal at best instruction and she plays against her own teammates. My family and I came from a very progressive school system and I feel like our move into this school has been a mistake. I couldn't even meet all of her teachers during their parent-teacher conference times due to how disorganized it was, there were people waiting over 20 minutes to meet teachers and then they got to speak with them for about 10 minutes, only 2 hours for two days to meet them, and my child has 6 teachers. I just wish their focus was more on education and not control.

Posted April 20, 2013
Meridian is an amazing school! There are some amazing teachers like Mrs. Armstrong, Mrs. Vucinich, and Mrs. Freeman. The students help each other out for the most part and they do everything to make sure we have P.R.I.D.E.. They should take better care for the track and fields though. Also their dress code is a problem.

Posted November 10, 2011
A very horrible crooked school! They don't take bullying seriously. The principals are some of the most unprofessional people I have EVER seen. They dont have challenging programs. I wouldnt send anybody to this school! I had mine transferred! If you are closer to Lewis and Clark Middle go there! BEWARE of MMS!
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 12, 2011
My son is going into the 7th grade this year, and he has really enjoyed MMS, and for the snobs, who refer to a lower income level, we have schools called private schools for their children, my lower income son still managed to get on the honor role, and has made many great friendships, and is looking forward to the coming school year.

Posted January 26, 2010
I moved to the Meridian school district three years ago from the South. My son and I have been very impressed with the staff at MMS. His teachers have been fantastic! I would recommend MMS to anyone who is looking for a good school.

Meridian Middle School
1507 West 8th St, Meridian, ID  83642
Last modified Meridian Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meridian Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top