Posted August 04, 2014
Both of our kids graduated from Cole Valley Christian. One is currently getting a Master's degree and the other is entering college. They each learn very differently; one being a very high achiever and one who struggles with learning disabilities. Each had wonderful experiences at Cole Valley, where they were stretched and nurtured. Every teacher and administrator was willing to partner with us, as parents, to give our students opportunity for success. The Student Academic Services department was very helpful and supportive of our student who had learning struggles. We feel extremely fortunate to have had our students in a school where Christian values are taught and practiced, while a high level of academics is maintained. Our kids also enjoyed a wide range of extra-curricular activities offered at Cole Valley, including sports, music, and participating in student-led Chapel. This school has truly blessed our family.

Posted August 01, 2014
We have been very pleased. Our daughter loves it and she as been very challenged academically. The other students are kind and accepting in her grade level and she will be returning for high school. I think the admin really cares about the well being of each student. I am thankful for the Christian influence and that teachers pray for and with my child.

Posted May 15, 2014
Cole Valley Christian is not a school for a child who struggles in learning. This school proves that they do not believe that All God's children are created equal.They will accept your money for years, then one day say the child is beyond their help. Will even go as far as telling you they never had any intentions of allowing your child to obtain a Cole Valley diploma. It would have been nice to know that prior to years of paying and going there! Staff have even denied YearBooks at the end of the school regardless of the fact it was paid for, and extras were sitting in a box. Students were in Tears because they weren't able to have their friends sign them. My children's pictures/names were omitted. These things can never be fixed/replaced!! You then realize it was intentional. The money that you pay is not worth what many children have experienced at the hands of these so called christian's. If you question them on anything they will be negative towards you and your child.Out of all the teachers at Cole Valley I have experienced only two that have the values you would think a Christian School Should demand and exhibit. Sincerely, Dis-satisfied and enrolling my children elsewhere.

Posted July 01, 2013
I am a current Cole Valley Student, and I can honestly say that it is a great school. All of the teachers care greatly for their students, and challenge them to be the best they can be. The academics are excellent and the teachers are, too. I have seen some reviews saying that Cole only teaches Christianity...well, yeah. It's a Christian school. That's kind of the point. However, many of the teachers accept, and even encourage critical thinking and questions. They accept others' beliefs and do not discriminate. The athletics are great, with boys basketball going to state in the 2012-13 year, and winning in the 2011-12 year. Volleyball has gone to state for the past few years, and the girls basketball does well, too. This school is amazing in so many ways, sure it does have flaws, such as an overly strict dress code, but all schools have issues. I encourage anyone to consider this school.

Cole Valley Christian Schools 3

Posted January 01, 2013
I went there from K-12, and while I loved the staff and have done wonderfully in College since graduating, I very much feel that they are very fundamentalist, especially in the way they police female students dress code, sexuality, and lack of adequate sex ed. Great education, yet very backward in pushing specific political and religious views.

Posted November 02, 2012
Great school. Academics are solid, with a focus on preparing students for college and future jobs. Teachers care about students and take an active role in education. Leadership researches best practices.

Posted September 21, 2012
The school's history has rightly earned it a good reputation, but the current superintendent's many missteps and personal shortcomings are putting this school in jeopardy. The superintendent has made statements about teaching being a "lower skill set" (his words) than doing administrative paperwork. Of course, he has no background in education, but thinks his experience as a kids' basketball coach gives him the expertise to tell experienced teachers how to do their jobs. He has no interest in receiving input from parents whose opinions may differ from his own. He is also a poor money manager, spending most of the school's budget on athletics while not giving the teachers any salary increases or budgeting for educational programs. The school's future is being jeopardized by poor leadership and the superintendent's lack of character.

Posted April 30, 2012
Our family has been so blessed by Cole Valley Christian Schools. One child is a graduate, and one will graduate from CVCS. Despite the cost associated with a private school, we view CVCS as an investment, not a sacrifice. We are grateful to the administration, staff and coaches for their godly example and commitment to our children.

Posted February 14, 2012
My children have attended CVCS from K-10. The elementary campus was wonderful, great leadership! The secondary campus is lacking in leadership. The Superintendent and the VP have ZERO teaching experience. The Superintendent worked at Hewlett-Packard until 2005. The education is lacking. It s not worth the money nor the Spiritual environment sub-par at best.

Posted July 26, 2011
As a student who left CVCS this year, I am glad to say that I am moving on to better places. The school only teaches one brand of Christianity and does not promote free and critical thinking. I hope that people do not send their kids to this horrible place where the programs, especially the history department, is lacking so. All that happens is that you are taught to love Jesus, told to not trust other religions and finally told to do whatever the staff teaches you to do. This school should not even be credited. I forgot, be prepared to be taught that talking snakes do exist...

Cole Valley Christian Schools
200 East Carlton Avenue, Meridian, ID  83642
Last modified Cole Valley Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cole Valley Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top