Meridian, ID
After care: No

Posted March 03, 2015
My children have been going to this school for many years and we have finally had enough and realized that it is time to move on. This school leaves me with both a horrible taste in my mouth when I think about it and an appreciation for what they are trying to achieve. I believe that the school means well and the curriculum is spectacular unfortunately the implementation of this curriculum leaves much to be desired.

Posted February 22, 2015
I am glad these folks have had such a positive experience at the Ambrose School. I sincerely hope that this continues to be the case. It should be as long as they continue to fawn over the school this way. It must be nice to be in the favored elite in that community. I am here to tell you that they are not the rule. After 11 years at the school my daughter was emotionally, spiritually and socially destroyed by this "school family" and its elite members. I am here to tell you there are many people like me who are the unimportant cast-offs of this institution. Do your due diligence. Years from now when your experience is the same as mine and so many others, I want you t remember that I warned you. Don't walk from this school, run.

Posted February 19, 2015
My son graduated from The Ambrose School. He received a full tuition scholarship to a school East of the Mississippi. He was fully prepared for college. He learned how to work hard and how to manage a full workload with demanding subjects. His college professors are impressed with his knowledge ranging from Art appreciation to Economics. He is able to articulate himself well in class discussions and essays. We contribute this success to his experiences at The Ambrose School. When he was home at break, we were talking about his future goals. He told us that he wants to find graduate from college, find a successful job, marry a Godly woman, and have lots of kids. Finally, he wants to live close to Meridian ID so he can send his kids to The Ambrose School.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2015
This is my family's 4th year at the Ambrose School, and we love it. The Christian community here is wonderful; we are regularly encouraged by the displays of Christian love and charity that we see happen in the school. My wife and I are daily assured that the teachers and other families care about our daughters and are looking out for their spiritual, intellectual, and physical well-being. The maturation in Christ we have seen in our daughters from year to year is almost unbelievable, and much of that is due to the Christ-centered culture and instruction they receive throughout the school day.

Posted February 17, 2015
This is a school that will teach your kids to be critical thinkers. The academics are rigorous and are accompanied by a nurturing culture. The teachers and staff care about the students and their parents. My kids became life-long learners as a result of their studies here and the example of the teachers.

Posted February 12, 2015
Our three children have attended The Ambrose School over the past 15 years beginning in kindergarten. We now have a graduate, and two high school students. We have walked with the school through many changes and with every change, the school has become an even better place to educate students. There are many opportunities for music, art, media, etc. The success of the mock trial program is unmistakable as the team is repeatedly the state champion or runner-up. The athletic program is top-notch. Most importantly, our children are ready for college. It is evident our oldest, now a junior in college, has succeeded because of the training she received at Ambrose.
4 people found this helpful

Posted July 03, 2014
Do ur do-diligence 1st..They brag about what they have to offer, but it's all talk. Website is a lie, they do not offer courses such as science etc in upper grades if they dont have staff. they have minimal resources. some teachrs have free reign to teach whatever they want (off curriculum) if they are favored by admin. No college support. students do not go on to any great colleges yet they brag about how elite and rigorous the school is. and there is by far WAY too much inapporpriate student/teacher socialization and social media interaction outside school. Certain families/kids are favored over others.. the better-to-do big donors, or the highly (over-involved) parent. cliquey is an understatement ( not just the kids). one postve is that there are many great, genuinly loving teachrs that care. but unfortun there is a high turnover of teachers every year due to various reasons..one of which being unappreaciation by higherup staff. but they do let the few unexperienced, overeager teachrs pretty much in on setting curriclm and it has gone rapidly downhill. it's quite sad, used to be a great school. they also do not inform when there is infectious disease going around.

Posted July 30, 2013
The Ambrose School provides an unparalleled opportunity for children to obtain knowledge and perspectives that will serve them throughout their lives. Unburdened by much of the nonsense of the public school experience, Ambrose students are able to exercise their innate curiosity about the deeper significance of our world. The Christian world view underscores the student experience, providing a context and relevancy to all of the areas of study. In this way, Ambrose seeks not only to encourage the students to do well in their studies, but also to do good in their lives.

Posted February 07, 2013
This isn't just a "Christian School" where "Bible" is 7th period. Its a whole different way of learning, the classical method, but with a Biblical World View. The Founding Fathers and Mothers were taught this way - and they created the greatest system of government on earth...and a society to match based on Judeo-Christian values. Today we have reduced most public education to job training that is dumbed down to a low common level. Not here. The academic rigor, core values and special nature of each child's relationship with God, each other and the community set the school apart. In an age of moral relativism, this is an island of truth, beauty and justice where right and wrong, good and evil aren't in the eye of the beholder. It can be intense, and boredom is unknown. Be prepared as a parent to learn all over again alongside your kids. The kids (11 and 13) love the school, their friends and their teachers, and have the same life most kids do, with perhaps more homework. Almost every student is involved in sports, an important aspect of learning. If I could change anything it would be to extend the school day to 7 hours and add a cafeteria, but that is coming.

Posted August 30, 2012
moved from another state. To be honest I hate it here and would love to go back. But the only thing keeping us here is the Ambrose School. It is the most incredible blessing to our children!!!! Public school isn't even in the same relm as this school. We have a grammar and upper school kids. The teachers are wonderful. The academic rigor is what my kids needed. They were bored in public school. Ambrose is a beautiful growing school. We could never have afforded Classical Christian education where we moved from. Ambrose is very reasonable compared. AMBROSE IS AMAZING!!! Truly a christian school.....not the fake kind.

The Ambrose School