Meridian, ID
After care: No

Posted March 17, 2015
When we were making the choice of where to place our kids we were given so many opinions about The Ambrose School, all strong in one direction or the other. As a private Classical Christian school we heard the rumors and concerns of it being too strict, academically rigorous, expecting too much of the students, being overly structured, pouring homework on children and not allowing them to enjoy childhood. I can't tell you how unfounded all of these concerns have proven to be. Choosing The Ambrose School was the best decision that we have made for our family. To see our children being taught to love and live for Jesus while being trained up to be contributing people of character is such an invaluable blessing. They are being taught all of this with more grace and care then I could have ever imagined. The faculty that leads them have inspired us and made us want to be better parents and examples of Jesus to our kids. I just cannot say enough about this school for anyone who is considering it.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 03, 2015
My children have been going to this school for many years and we have finally had enough and realized that it is time to move on. This school leaves me with both a horrible taste in my mouth when I think about it and an appreciation for what they are trying to achieve. I believe that the school means well and the curriculum is spectacular unfortunately the implementation of this curriculum leaves much to be desired.
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 03, 2015
The curriculum at the school is very "rigorous" as many teachers have stated and if you have a child with any learning disabilities do not enroll him/her into this school. The school does not cater to any children with learning disabilities from what I have personally been told. I have had several children at this school not all with learning disabilities. Most of the families are wonderful at this school and I feel that the school takes advantage of them and overwhelms the children with so much school work that many parents and students end up emotionally exhausted. When has it ever been acceptable for students to cry due to so much homework? How is it ok to burden the whole classroom with a huge workload because a few students can handle it? Children should not be spending 3+ hours on homework each night and this is what you can expect from this school from 6th grade and onward. My child will miss friends but not the school when we do not return next year. If you are looking for a school where your child will be busy doing homework all night with no time for any other activities or friends then this is the school for you.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 22, 2015
I am glad these folks have had such a positive experience at the Ambrose School. I sincerely hope that this continues to be the case. It should be as long as they continue to fawn over the school this way. It must be nice to be in the favored elite in that community. I am here to tell you that they are not the rule. After 11 years at the school my daughter was emotionally, spiritually and socially destroyed by this "school family" and its elite members. I am here to tell you there are many people like me who are the unimportant cast-offs of this institution. Do your due diligence. Years from now when your experience is the same as mine and so many others, I want you t remember that I warned you. Don't walk from this school, run.
6 people found this helpful

Posted February 19, 2015
My son graduated from The Ambrose School. He received a full tuition scholarship to a school East of the Mississippi. He was fully prepared for college. He learned how to work hard and how to manage a full workload with demanding subjects. His college professors are impressed with his knowledge ranging from Art appreciation to Economics. He is able to articulate himself well in class discussions and essays. We contribute this success to his experiences at The Ambrose School. When he was home at break, we were talking about his future goals. He told us that he wants to find graduate from college, find a successful job, marry a Godly woman, and have lots of kids. Finally, he wants to live close to Meridian ID so he can send his kids to The Ambrose School.
7 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2015
This is my family's 4th year at the Ambrose School, and we love it. The Christian community here is wonderful; we are regularly encouraged by the displays of Christian love and charity that we see happen in the school. My wife and I are daily assured that the teachers and other families care about our daughters and are looking out for their spiritual, intellectual, and physical well-being. The maturation in Christ we have seen in our daughters from year to year is almost unbelievable, and much of that is due to the Christ-centered culture and instruction they receive throughout the school day.
9 people found this helpful

Posted February 17, 2015
This is a school that will teach your kids to be critical thinkers. The academics are rigorous and are accompanied by a nurturing culture. The teachers and staff care about the students and their parents. My kids became life-long learners as a result of their studies here and the example of the teachers.
8 people found this helpful

Posted February 12, 2015
Our three children have attended The Ambrose School over the past 15 years beginning in kindergarten. We now have a graduate, and two high school students. We have walked with the school through many changes and with every change, the school has become an even better place to educate students. There are many opportunities for music, art, media, etc. The success of the mock trial program is unmistakable as the team is repeatedly the state champion or runner-up. The athletic program is top-notch. Most importantly, our children are ready for college. It is evident our oldest, now a junior in college, has succeeded because of the training she received at Ambrose.
10 people found this helpful

Posted July 03, 2014
Do ur do-diligence 1st..They brag about what they have to offer, but it's all talk. Website is a lie, they do not offer courses such as science etc in upper grades if they dont have staff. they have minimal resources. some teachrs have free reign to teach whatever they want (off curriculum) if they are favored by admin. No college support. students do not go on to any great colleges yet they brag about how elite and rigorous the school is. and there is by far WAY too much inapporpriate student/teacher socialization and social media interaction outside school. Certain families/kids are favored over others.. the better-to-do big donors, or the highly (over-involved) parent. cliquey is an understatement ( not just the kids). one postve is that there are many great, genuinly loving teachrs that care. but unfortun there is a high turnover of teachers every year due to various reasons..one of which being unappreaciation by higherup staff. but they do let the few unexperienced, overeager teachrs pretty much in on setting curriclm and it has gone rapidly downhill. it's quite sad, used to be a great school. they also do not inform when there is infectious disease going around.
5 people found this helpful

Posted July 30, 2013
The Ambrose School provides an unparalleled opportunity for children to obtain knowledge and perspectives that will serve them throughout their lives. Unburdened by much of the nonsense of the public school experience, Ambrose students are able to exercise their innate curiosity about the deeper significance of our world. The Christian world view underscores the student experience, providing a context and relevancy to all of the areas of study. In this way, Ambrose seeks not only to encourage the students to do well in their studies, but also to do good in their lives.
7 people found this helpful