K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 19, 2015
The Ambrose School deeply impacts and shapes students' lives. I can honestly say that the best times of my life happen at this school, with other students who have a deep desire to seek after goodness and beauty. The administration is involved and volunteering, greeting students every morning, engaging in the halls, and becoming life long mentors for each individual student. They do not teach WHAT to think- cramming students brains with facts- they teach HOW to think. Through the incredible curriculum at Ambrose, looking at challenging problems is exciting. Students explore both sides of a theory, growing in God and thinking deeper about both profound and trifling questions of life. From Plato to Harper Lee, from Cicero to Victor Hugo, students learn to see everything not in a cynical light, but in the light of Truth.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 19, 2015
It is difficult to narrow my thanks to only one person. But I am specifically grateful for the music teachers at the Ambrose School. Even before my daughter was enrolled full time, they welcomed her in the orchestra as a "guest artist." Because of their dedication to glorifying God through music and willingness to invest in my daughter's life to cultivate her talent, she has had amazing opportunities that would not have otherwise been possible. To God be the glory and to the school, administrators and teachers . . . Thank You!!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 03, 2015
The School is very biblically sound. I have not seen favorites or unfairness. They always point back to Christ!

Posted November 03, 2015
My family have been at Ambrose for 7yrs. We have been through valleys and mountain tops. When asked by potential families about Ambrose I always say. It is not perfect (we ALL are sinners saved by grace) I encourage them to really seek the Lord and ask is it His perfect plan to send my children there. It is a commitment you make as a family because in the hard times you need to remember "why" you make the sacrifices you do (time and money). Every single time I get discouraged by the amount of homework the Lord ALWAYS reminds me why we do what we do to keep our kids at Ambrose. The Lord is glorified our kids are taught fortitude and perseverance does pay off in the long run. These precious years shape how your children will be for the rest of their lives. I can honestly say there is no where else on this earth we would rather share our children with for 6.5hrs a day then the teachers and staff at The Ambrose School. The negative reviews break my heart because as fellow believers in Christ we should be building eachother up not tearing apart. When reading those reviews remember there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. The Ambrose School is not for every family but I do encourage you to seek the Lord to see if it is right for yours. May God bless your journey!

Posted May 15, 2015
This has only been our family s first year at The Ambrose School but it has by far exceeded our expectations. The upper school students, the teachers, coaches, parents, and administrators have been extremely warm, welcoming, loving, and helpful to our child. I cannot even begin to explain what a blessing it is to my wife and me to have our 16 year old following us around the house, enthusiastically expounding on the things that went on during the school day and to hear, I cannot imagine how next week could possibly top these past two weeks. Is the school rigorous? Yes. We expect it to be. Can an average student with a decent work ethic thrive there? I believe so. That would describe our child. The homework load, in our own personal experience, has been very reasonable and not at all burdensome. Our child has participated in many extracurricular activities and family activities with no problem. I would say that the school is not for everyone though. The expectations for conduct and hard work are high. It places a high premium on Christian worldview. Not everyone will agree with the classical Christian approach but for us The Ambrose School is as good as it gets.

The Ambrose School 1

Posted May 05, 2015
I have tried multiple times to review this school. I tell the truth of my family's experience and every time my review is removed by greatschools.org for TOS violation. The truth is my family was at Ambrose for 12 years. We spent in excess of $70,000 in tuition, almost that much in donations, and thousands and thousands of volunteer hours. In return, in her freshman, sophomore and junior year my daughter was shamefully bullied by faculty,administrators, elite families and their children. When we complained we were told that this activity was part of their educational plan, and if we didn't support this plan we were no longer welcome. We left, and have been maligned and shunned since standing up for ourselves by the "Christian" community of the Ambrose School. Please do not send your kids to this institution.

Posted April 30, 2015
The Ambrose school is a wonderful education for all grades. The teachers are caring and the curriculum is challenging. Students are taught to think, not just to memorize and recite. The truth of God's word is interwoven throughout each subject.

Posted April 17, 2015
Our family is humbled to be a part of the Ambrose School. The staff is fully committed to creating a true classical Christian experience. Instead of the chapel approach of most Christian schools, wherein the spiritual element is silo-ed into an hour of the students day, the aim of the school is to integrate Christ into all subjects (for example, showing through mathematics how Christ created perfect order to the universe). Furthermore, the school honors the true classical approach of grammar, logic, and rhetoric. Subjects are not taught in autonomy but correlated to underscore the practice of thought as a part of a richer foundation of knowledge (for example, selecting literary pieces that complement the historical period students are reviewing). Grammar school emphasizes memorization and upper school is split between logic and rhetoric. Students emerge as critical thinkers that are well spoken, analytical, and well-equipped for a successful life of scholarly prowess. The families and staff are unified in their love of the children, Christ, and education. They work together to create an incredible community!

Posted March 17, 2015
When we were making the choice of where to place our kids we were given so many opinions about The Ambrose School, all strong in one direction or the other. As a private Classical Christian school we heard the rumors and concerns of it being too strict, academically rigorous, expecting too much of the students, being overly structured, pouring homework on children and not allowing them to enjoy childhood. I can't tell you how unfounded all of these concerns have proven to be. Choosing The Ambrose School was the best decision that we have made for our family. To see our children being taught to love and live for Jesus while being trained up to be contributing people of character is such an invaluable blessing. They are being taught all of this with more grace and care then I could have ever imagined. The faculty that leads them have inspired us and made us want to be better parents and examples of Jesus to our kids. I just cannot say enough about this school for anyone who is considering it.

The Ambrose School 1

Posted March 03, 2015
My children have been going to this school for many years and we have finally had enough and realized that it is time to move on. This school leaves me with both a horrible taste in my mouth when I think about it and an appreciation for what they are trying to achieve. I believe that the school means well and the curriculum is spectacular unfortunately the implementation of this curriculum leaves much to be desired.

6100 North Locust Grove Road, Meridian, ID  83646