K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most teachers are great. Some however, are very poor and although numerous parental complaints have been reported, the administration continues to ignore the issues.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Way too much homework is given. Especially in the lower grades, it evens out some in the upper grades due to study hall.

This school used to be awesome. Sadly, since the arrival of "new" administration, it's a sinking ship. Parent's have zero say or input and concerns are ignored. Teachers range from great to terrible. Anyone with an open check-book is admitted, no matter of Christian values or lifestyle. The priority is marketing, money and enrollment numbers. It's not about the kids any more. The school board is totally biased and 90% have spouse that are employed by the school. There is no check and balance system at all. Many families are leaving, and frankly it's heart breaking to watch.

All three of our sons have attended The Ambrose School for a majority of their scholastic lives (approximately 8 years). Our oldest son graduated in 2015 and could not have been better prepared for adulthood. As he has ventured into the adult world and come into contact with young adults from every corner of the country, he consistently stands head and shoulders above his peers in every aspect including intellect, poise, altruism, servitude, professionalism, logical reasoning, problem solving, communication, and Christian values. The school, staff, and administrators are all dedicated professionals who strive to foster a wonderful and supportive learning environment for students and parents alike. I highly recommend The Ambrose School to parents who desire the best education for their children.

The Ambrose School deeply impacts and shapes students' lives. I can honestly say that the best times of my life happen at this school, with other students who have a deep desire to seek after goodness and beauty. The administration is involved and volunteering, greeting students every morning, engaging in the halls, and becoming life long mentors for each individual student. They do not teach WHAT to think- cramming students brains with facts- they teach HOW to think. Through the incredible curriculum at Ambrose, looking at challenging problems is exciting. Students explore both sides of a theory, growing in God and thinking deeper about both profound and trifling questions of life. From Plato to Harper Lee, from Cicero to Victor Hugo, students learn to see everything not in a cynical light, but in the light of Truth.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The School is very biblically sound. I have not seen favorites or unfairness. They always point back to Christ!

My family have been at Ambrose for 7yrs. We have been through valleys and mountain tops. When asked by potential families about Ambrose I always say. It is not perfect (we ALL are sinners saved by grace) I encourage them to really seek the Lord and ask is it His perfect plan to send my children there. It is a commitment you make as a family because in the hard times you need to remember "why" you make the sacrifices you do (time and money). Every single time I get discouraged by the amount of homework the Lord ALWAYS reminds me why we do what we do to keep our kids at Ambrose. The Lord is glorified our kids are taught fortitude and perseverance does pay off in the long run. These precious years shape how your children will be for the rest of their lives. I can honestly say there is no where else on this earth we would rather share our children with for 6.5hrs a day then the teachers and staff at The Ambrose School. The negative reviews break my heart because as fellow believers in Christ we should be building eachother up not tearing apart. When reading those reviews remember there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. The Ambrose School is not for every family but I do encourage you to seek the Lord to see if it is right for yours. May God bless your journey!

This has only been our family s first year at The Ambrose School but it has by far exceeded our expectations. The upper school students, the teachers, coaches, parents, and administrators have been extremely warm, welcoming, loving, and helpful to our child. I cannot even begin to explain what a blessing it is to my wife and me to have our 16 year old following us around the house, enthusiastically expounding on the things that went on during the school day and to hear, I cannot imagine how next week could possibly top these past two weeks. Is the school rigorous? Yes. We expect it to be. Can an average student with a decent work ethic thrive there? I believe so. That would describe our child. The homework load, in our own personal experience, has been very reasonable and not at all burdensome. Our child has participated in many extracurricular activities and family activities with no problem. I would say that the school is not for everyone though. The expectations for conduct and hard work are high. It places a high premium on Christian worldview. Not everyone will agree with the classical Christian approach but for us The Ambrose School is as good as it gets.

I have tried multiple times to review this school. I tell the truth of my family's experience and every time my review is removed by greatschools.org for TOS violation. The truth is my family was at Ambrose for 12 years. We spent in excess of $70,000 in tuition, almost that much in donations, and thousands and thousands of volunteer hours. In return, in her freshman, sophomore and junior year my daughter was shamefully bullied by faculty,administrators, elite families and their children. When we complained we were told that this activity was part of their educational plan, and if we didn't support this plan we were no longer welcome. We left, and have been maligned and shunned since standing up for ourselves by the "Christian" community of the Ambrose School. Please do not send your kids to this institution.

The Ambrose school is a wonderful education for all grades. The teachers are caring and the curriculum is challenging. Students are taught to think, not just to memorize and recite. The truth of God's word is interwoven throughout each subject.

Last modified The Ambrose School is a Private school that serves grades K-12