Meridian, ID
After care: No

Posted April 30, 2015
This school is one lie piled on another. The reviews on this site are PR manufactured by the board of directors to cover up negative reviews and a poor community reputation. There are 10 families in this school that matter, everyone else is expendable. The environment is clique-ish, gossipy, and poisonous. It is the policy of this school, its board, administrators and teachers to insert themselves between you and your children in every facet of life - up to and including instructing your children that their policies are to be followed over and above parental instruction. The engage in active "discipleship" which includes un-monitored 1-1 with teachers both on campus and off. Do not send your kids to this school.
6 people found this helpful

Posted April 30, 2015
The Ambrose school is a wonderful education for all grades. The teachers are caring and the curriculum is challenging. Students are taught to think, not just to memorize and recite. The truth of God's word is interwoven throughout each subject.
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2015
Our family is humbled to be a part of the Ambrose School. The staff is fully committed to creating a true classical Christian experience. Instead of the chapel approach of most Christian schools, wherein the spiritual element is silo-ed into an hour of the students day, the aim of the school is to integrate Christ into all subjects (for example, showing through mathematics how Christ created perfect order to the universe). Furthermore, the school honors the true classical approach of grammar, logic, and rhetoric. Subjects are not taught in autonomy but correlated to underscore the practice of thought as a part of a richer foundation of knowledge (for example, selecting literary pieces that complement the historical period students are reviewing). Grammar school emphasizes memorization and upper school is split between logic and rhetoric. Students emerge as critical thinkers that are well spoken, analytical, and well-equipped for a successful life of scholarly prowess. The families and staff are unified in their love of the children, Christ, and education. They work together to create an incredible community!
7 people found this helpful

Posted April 06, 2015
This school takes pride in considering itself as a "Classical Christian School". After touring the school and listening to what is offered, we found that to be farther than the truth.......... Quite honestly, we thought we were stepping into a scene from Harry Potter. From the very outdated school uniforms, to the decor of the interior, to the "houses" they place their secondary students in, it was like we were walking into Hogwartz. I was very disappointed to find out that a "Classic Christian School" does not offer chapel for their students. When do the the children have worship time? The explanation was a quarterly (consortium is what I think they referred it to) gathering where the students got a chance to sing and express themselves spiritually..........what is that? They also don't believe in incorporating technology into their learning..

Posted March 17, 2015
When we were making the choice of where to place our kids we were given so many opinions about The Ambrose School, all strong in one direction or the other. As a private Classical Christian school we heard the rumors and concerns of it being too strict, academically rigorous, expecting too much of the students, being overly structured, pouring homework on children and not allowing them to enjoy childhood. I can't tell you how unfounded all of these concerns have proven to be. Choosing The Ambrose School was the best decision that we have made for our family. To see our children being taught to love and live for Jesus while being trained up to be contributing people of character is such an invaluable blessing. They are being taught all of this with more grace and care then I could have ever imagined. The faculty that leads them have inspired us and made us want to be better parents and examples of Jesus to our kids. I just cannot say enough about this school for anyone who is considering it.
11 people found this helpful

Posted March 03, 2015
My children have been going to this school for many years and we have finally had enough and realized that it is time to move on. This school leaves me with both a horrible taste in my mouth when I think about it and an appreciation for what they are trying to achieve. I believe that the school means well and the curriculum is spectacular unfortunately the implementation of this curriculum leaves much to be desired.
6 people found this helpful

Posted March 03, 2015
The curriculum at the school is very "rigorous" as many teachers have stated and if you have a child with any learning disabilities do not enroll him/her into this school. The school does not cater to any children with learning disabilities from what I have personally been told. I have had several children at this school not all with learning disabilities. Most of the families are wonderful at this school and I feel that the school takes advantage of them and overwhelms the children with so much school work that many parents and students end up emotionally exhausted. When has it ever been acceptable for students to cry due to so much homework? How is it ok to burden the whole classroom with a huge workload because a few students can handle it? Children should not be spending 3+ hours on homework each night and this is what you can expect from this school from 6th grade and onward. My child will miss friends but not the school when we do not return next year. If you are looking for a school where your child will be busy doing homework all night with no time for any other activities or friends then this is the school for you.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 19, 2015
My son graduated from The Ambrose School. He received a full tuition scholarship to a school East of the Mississippi. He was fully prepared for college. He learned how to work hard and how to manage a full workload with demanding subjects. His college professors are impressed with his knowledge ranging from Art appreciation to Economics. He is able to articulate himself well in class discussions and essays. We contribute this success to his experiences at The Ambrose School. When he was home at break, we were talking about his future goals. He told us that he wants to find graduate from college, find a successful job, marry a Godly woman, and have lots of kids. Finally, he wants to live close to Meridian ID so he can send his kids to The Ambrose School.
13 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2015
This is my family's 4th year at the Ambrose School, and we love it. The Christian community here is wonderful; we are regularly encouraged by the displays of Christian love and charity that we see happen in the school. My wife and I are daily assured that the teachers and other families care about our daughters and are looking out for their spiritual, intellectual, and physical well-being. The maturation in Christ we have seen in our daughters from year to year is almost unbelievable, and much of that is due to the Christ-centered culture and instruction they receive throughout the school day.
15 people found this helpful

Posted February 17, 2015
This is a school that will teach your kids to be critical thinkers. The academics are rigorous and are accompanied by a nurturing culture. The teachers and staff care about the students and their parents. My kids became life-long learners as a result of their studies here and the example of the teachers.
14 people found this helpful