Bad
Good

We have been at RVE for two years (2-3rd grades for my oldest and 1-2nd grades for my second) and it has by far exceeded our expectations of public schools in the area. The teachers we've had are interested in helping them excel in subjects that interest them and succeed well in subjects that may not be their favorite. The principal is phenomenal and gets to know each student. They have a lot of fun along with learning, which is one of many reasons my kids absolutely love it! Having multiple classes with "team teaching" (two teachers that split the day/week) can be a benefit, but it can be confusing at times.

My little girl has attended RVE for k-1st grade. She absolutely loves it. She is always excited to go to school and tell me about what she has done during the day. The staff is amazing everyone I have come into contact with is great. The principal is very involved and the kids like him very much. Every time event is planned PTA is easy to work with. The teachers always put on a good event. Whether its a musical in the gym or a party on the play ground always a good time. Thank you to everyone at RVE.

My girls have attended this school since K and 1st grade. I have loved every teacher they have had. They are involved and truly care about the students. Not something I experienced in other schools in Boise. The office staff is really friendly, a definite plus that I don't have to go through who I am and who my kids are every time I call...and I didn't call very often! I feel lucky to be able to be involved and that my kids enjoy going to school each day.

This is an okay school. I have had three children attend rve. I would say that the quality of teachers is hit and miss. Just this last year my kids both had teachers who were below par. One was very lazy and never in the classroom and the other was very controling and demeaning to the children. This teacher didn't seem to like teaching any more and my child said that she hardly even smiled. Also, the principal doesn't keep information private. Not the best school my children have attended, that's for sure.

My daughter was of the original/first 'graduating' class at RVE, starting K the year they opened. My son is currently a 4th grader there. The most incredible teachers and staff in the world. Refuse to move until my boy is out of grade school. Bravo to you all at RVE.

Last modified River Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.