Peregrine Elementary School 2

Posted February 06, 2014
Both my children have attended this school, the teachers seem nice but I don't think they are helping the students as much as they could maybe they just need to change programs. I found out my daughter does not understand what the teacher is teaching so this tells me something about the teachers at this school, there are some really good ones and then some not so good one's. I had a professional with a BA observed my daughter for me to see what the problem was, she did not like the way the teacher taught the kids, I liked the teacher but she said the teacher does not do a good job and then she told me how amazing the teacher she observed at a school in Boise was and how she worked with kids, I think these teachers need more help in the classroom and less students so they can meet the needs of the children, and have more time to explain their assignments instead of expecting the child to know how to do something they were never taught. I like a lot about this school I really do I wish that it had better teachers. The afters school program is a joke, they should go over your child's homework and help them where they are struggling but no, they do other things like fun games..

Posted September 05, 2013
My son has been attending Peregrine for 3 years and is now in 2nd grade. The teachers have all been excellent with supporting my son with academic excellence. The bullying is at a minimum as the principle will not tolerate any poor behavior. The classrooms are well kept, nice library and a very good amount of technology in the classrooms.

Posted September 05, 2013
Peregrine has an excellent teaching staff with support for students with learning disabilities. The school and the grounds are kept clean and the bullying is very minimal. The children that attend this school over all are kind and courteous to one another. My child has been attending this school for several years and we have had nothing but rave reviews.

Posted March 19, 2012
I have to admit that my previous experiences with this school have been similar to talking to a wall while trying to bang my head against it to get somewhere. THAT BEING SAID- the new principal has COMPLETELY changed the way they do things. I have a son that is Autistic, & before, it was like I was pulling stubborn teeth to get them to listen me, but then the new principal came along and she got things moving. Not only did she push everyone into doing the full array of testing to find out what my son needed, but she cried with me when I explained how frustrating things were. She has a son that is autistic and knows the problems that can arise. She also has a child that is in the Challenge (GT) program (& one in the middle) so she is not just a principal that's getting ready to retire (like the last one), but she's a mom with a range of "special" kids. She also rearranged several of the teachers and other staff members (like the counselor, etc.) & fired the ones that were not holding to the standard that she wanted. It just FEELS different there now- happier. She's cracked down on bullying and other issues, so I feel better sending my kids there. I'd recommend Peregrine to anyone!

Peregrine Elementary School 3

Posted February 24, 2012
My children have attended Peregrine since Kindergarten. I feel the school has an amazing group of teachers and staff. This year has been the worst year for both of my children. The number of behavioral issues is out of control, the class sizes are too large, there is not enough support for all of the issues that the teachers need to deal with in regards to the violent behaviors, and there is no consistancy with delivering consequences to students that are disrespectful or doing any other form of inappropriate behavior. I believe that that the District policies have been toxic for this school. I am so glad that my children are almost done and I feel sorry for the teachers and students that will be attending for the 2012-2013 school year.

Peregrine Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2012
I have had mixed experiences with Peregrine. One of my children attends kindergarten there. His teachers are superb and I could not ask for better. Had he been my only child enrolled there I would have out 5 stars in the 'Teacher quality' line. My other child has not been so lucky. I hear stories about his teacher's custody and personal issues from him every few days as told by his teacher to her students. There is constant bullying that goes on. The teacher is almost impossible to have a conversation with as she is always talking in weird voices and trying to be funny or cute or ??? The principal is less than amazing and when my son was having issues with bullying, she refused to do anything about it. Having come from a charter school environment, I have been sorely disappointed with Peregrine.

Peregrine Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2011
This school was awesome! I really learned a lot. I am now in 8th grade and i still remember what peregrine taught me. They really care about your education.

Peregrine Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The principal is the best I have ever seen. The teachers generally care for our students. Cheers to this school for really appreciating and caring for our kids.

Posted February 11, 2009
I have had 2 kids go from K to 5 in this school my 2nd one graduated to middle school last year. my oldest started the year peregrine opened and is now in 9th grade i have really been happy with Peregrine one of my children has a learning disability the learning lab teachers were great i credit them with helping him to succeed as he has. The parent support is very high all school events are well attended. the teachers are the best. I still have one more kid left to put through elementary school and am looking foreward to having him attend peregrine when he is old enough. I have already reccommended this school to several parents and will continue to do so.

Peregrine Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2008
I love this school. My child has been there for three years now. My only proublem is the hot lunches. I have no way of knowing her account is low until she is out of money. When this happens I have received phone calls at work over $3.00. I know other schools have programs online where you can pay for lunches and check your ballance. This is what they need...

Peregrine Elementary School
1860 Waltman St, Meridian, ID  83642
Last modified Peregrine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peregrine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.