Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Teaching ability is hit and miss. These teachers are blessed with excellent students without major problems which makes teaching quite a bit easier.

Amount of homework: Disagree

For an average learner, several hours of homework a day is required in order to achieve passing grades. Many of the assignments are project based.

I am the parent of a freshman who has a 504 plan for ADHD. My daughter had passing grades and above average test scores before attending MMACHS. The administration and the school counselor in particular are resistant to helping students with accomodations. The counselor acts more like a disciplinarian than someone who should be in a position to have an open, therapeutic relationship with students. She is not approachable. As a parent, I felt like she was disciplining me when I needed her help. I felt like a nuissance to be dealt with. This was a shock coming from Eagle Middle where the school counselors are approachable and helpful. 504 accomodations have not been followed in the spirit of helping my daughter achieve to the best of her ability. LIke many charter schools, the school is set up to weed the kids with learning disabilities and lower grades (73% and under is failing) out of the school, resulting in better test scores. The appearance of superior academics is achieved by removing children that might taint their scores. I am writing this review to warn parents of children with disabilities from attending this school. I have received more help from the local highschool counselors (in a school my daughter does not attend) than I received from this school.

I am a freshman at this school, I was incredibly afraid about going when I got in on the lottery. There is a lot of homework and school work but they have amazing teachers who will help before, after and during anytime in the school day. They really make sure you understand your work and progress well. they have a very strict dress code the school is about bringing out the very best in students and is for kids who are very serious about taking there medical/ health education to a much higher level you can graduate with as many as 14 college credits. there are no electives because the school stuffs advanced learning in every grade. The people are incredibly helpful and kind. Students do not bully each other and act as a large family would. class sizes are small we get fun field trips and hands-on learning. The school was very intimidating and first but when I was there it was a safe motivational place and I recommend any student with a passion for the medical field to join us.

Last modified Meridian Medical Arts Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12