Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 04, 2016
This school is the WORST school i have EVER attended. DO NOT send your kids here. The rules are CRAZY!! They don't understand the concept of "A LIFE OUT SIDE OF THIS CRAZY SCHOOL!!" 2-5 hours of home work every night! Do not send your kids here if you want them to be good at sports defiantly don't send them here. The sports are absolutely HORRENDOUS! If you want your kids to go to a school that the administration does not care about anything really. Then this is the school for your kids. Don't let them sell you on the your kid can be taking college classes. Because yes your child might be taking college classes but they have to be approved by the teachers and the administration to receive any credits for them. As the years have gone by at compass the good teachers leave and the teachers who are not so good fill there place. I do have very few good things to say about this school. One of them being the size there is no doubt that compass is small. The size is nice but to be honest there are other charter school out there that are just as small. I honestly cant see why any parent would want to send there kids here. As a student who previously went here I can speak from experience. I HATED IT. every second I hated it. I hated everything about this school. If my parents didnt make me stay then I have left after my first month here. This school has done nothing but cause problems for me. Dont expect teachers to help you out when your struggling in a class because compass "teaches to the high and expects the low to rise up with them." NO that is not how i would want my kids being taught. I would want them in an environment that the teacher is willing to help them when they don't understand something. I can only say good luck to any parent who forces there kids to go here. My word of advice is to go to ANY other charter school.

Posted January 21, 2016
I have a gifted child. I was under the impression that this would be an interactive school where they would gather more information and be required to explain it. The workload is not as bad as it is made out to be. Honestly, it wouldn't be bad at all if the content was relevant, but the content is dry and I could see that learning was boring for the first time ever to my child. I would caution/recommend to keep walking if you are considering this school as an alternative for any kid, but especially a gifted kid who is currently excited about learning.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 05, 2015
Mr. Jacob, you are the most amazing teacher in the entire world and your classes were my favorites because you're such an amazing person.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted November 05, 2015
There are some wonderful teachers whom I love. There are also some horrible ones. But worst of all is the admin.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 05, 2015
Hm...3 hours a day? Seems like too much to me. Sometimes even 5 or 6 hours.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 05, 2015
Anyone who can last longer than a few years in this school is a saint. This school is so hard to survive. Curriculum is fairly easy; surviving under this admin is horribly hard.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 05, 2015
Our school completely disregards the feelings and concerns of the students, making for a bad environment and example in younger grades.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 05, 2015
The most unfair people in this school is the administration. Everything is black and white for them; in their eyes, you're either a good student or a bad student. And if you are marked a bad student, you can never change that

Compass Public Charter School 5

Posted May 16, 2015
My boys are just finishing up their first year at Compass (grades 4&5). We had homeschooled previous and was looking for a strong academic school. We have been SOOO happy at Compass!! It was definitely and adjustment for me as a homeschool mom to go from 100% hands on to very little involvement... but I have appreciated how thorough the teachers are and how much they actually TEACH!! My boys have both excelled throughout the year. We will be having all four of our children attend next year and are so excited to continue! :)

Posted April 27, 2015
I couldn't be more unimpressed with this school. Accountability from administration is absent. I have seen administration rush to judgement, misunderstand their own policies, email parents with inaccurate information, and punish all students based on the actions of a few. When issues were brought to their attention, there was no admission of mismanagement of issues nor admission that things could have been handled better had they not rushed to judgement. Instead, they gave excuses. "We're very busy so we didn't have time to diagnose the problem correctly before applying the solution." If you're looking for a school that has the same bureaucracy issues as the larger public schools but with fewer students, this is probably a good place. Would I recommend it over the public school my other children attend? No. See through the marketing and you have a smaller school with the same less qualified administration and overall lack of critical thinking, accountability, problem solving, and leadership.

2511 West Cherry Ln, Meridian, ID  83642
Last modified Compass Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Compass Public Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top