Bad
Good

Posted December 16, 2015
K12 does not care about the students,worst experience I have ever had would never recommend this program

Posted April 17, 2014
I love Idaho Virtual Academy. It has made schooling so much more enjoyable. I am able to work at my own pace. I love the teacher. The curriculum is great. If you want to get out of the bad environment that a brick and mortar school can offer, or just spend more time at home with your family try IDVA. It is a great school

Posted August 01, 2012
This school requires a very pro-active parent, but changed the lives of our family for the BETTER. High school offered great course options, including AP and college concurrent credit courses. My children did well and graduated with honors, were accepted to an aclaimed university and are doing exceptionally well there. We did notice one thing, YOU as the parent need to be proactive with the teachers. My girls reached out to the teacher each week at least twice, the teachers responded to our needs. My younger children LOVED the flexibility the program provides. This is not a "can do on your own" program, or an easier alternative to the traditional school. I found it to be what we made it. We were striving for excellence in education--and we found it.

Posted February 06, 2012
If I could rate this school any lower I would. We have had nothing but problems with them. Our children cant access their site most days and when they do get on it runs sooooooo slow. We started home school to give our children a better education, but through this school this school there has been nothing but problems and our children are falling behind because half the time they cannot access their site. You can complain till your blue in the face but they dont care. This is a terrible home school company. We're having more problems than I can list. Please do your research and see for yourself. Go to their facebook page and see all the daily complaints. Not worth it...NOT WORTH IT

Posted June 23, 2011
The success of a student in this school is based on the committment of the parent and willingness of the parent. Students and parents must be proactive with the teachers. If they want more involvement they need to ask, or volunteer. We found great opportunities to become involved and actually have a say in our children's education. We found that our high school students were not only better prepared for college with this curriculum, but that they were much more well rounded socially. At this year's graduation an IDVA student received a $150,000 from the Marines which makes the last review interesting. Virtual Schools are still not understood by the military, but the Idaho Virtual Academy has been able to get proactive students in and recognized even as a tier I school because they protested this misunderstanding. I have nothing but positive things to say. A student can be successful here if there is plenty of parental interaction . Thank goodness for IDVA and it's staff. I will always recommend it to ANY family willing to work for success. Thanks IDVA!

Posted May 17, 2011
I read rave reviews, but they must be from parents of children in elementary school. The High School choices are extremely limited and the courses are lightweight at best. There is very little communication from the teachers and almost no interaction with other students. The diploma is also NOT accepted by the Marine Corps. My son now has to come up with a whole new plan for his life! He can do his full load K12 school work in an hour or two a day and there are no field trips, labs or actual contact with other human beings. I would have loved this school for myself because I could have coasted and got A's while playing video games all day. I am very disappointed and would never recommend this school.

Posted November 13, 2008
They have excellent curriculum and a supportive team to help your student and you. I recommend it for all grades. My studnts are so advanced because they can work a their own pace. My high schoolers will have college creits under their belt when that time comes. They are able to buckle down and concentrate o their studies without distractions that come fom a brick and mortar scholl. IDVA also as tons of activies including gym days at our local gym where they can swim and hang ut with their friends. It's a geat program and a great community and a great experience. I love it but more importantly, my kid LOVE it! Thank you IDVA!!!!

Posted September 03, 2008
This is our second year with IDVA and we love it!! My first grader is learning History, Science and Art on top of Phonics, Language Arts, Math and Music! In third grade we can start Spanish. We love it. My four year old is now ahead of her age group because we home-school my oldest. She has been participating in the classes since the age of three. She is now doing kindergarten work! LOVE LOVE LOVE IDVA! I'm very grateful for this as an alternative to mediocre brick and mortar public schools. The teachers are WONDERFUL to work with and are very supportive and helpful. I don't feel like I am doing it alone. I like that we have set lesson plans and deadlines. It keeps me on the ball. This is a great option for people who are interested in Home-school.

Idaho Virtual Academy

Posted September 26, 2007
IDAHOVA.org is the best educational system for our child. The science, art, music, history included in the 3Rs are fabulous. There is no other public school in Idaho that includes these courses in Kindergarten and builds on these in each subsequent year. We've tried two other district school and were greatly disappointed in the weak cirriculum that they use. IDAHOVA is the best school in Idaho. The only way to learn so much in so many interesting ways.

Posted November 19, 2006
The Idaho Virtual Academy (IDVA) is a non-traditional answer to the question, 'How will I make sure my child becomes an educated person?' IDVA is a virtual charter public school that uses the traditional, rigorous K12 curriculum. IDVA offers history instead of social studies, and teaches reading using phonics. Assessment is mastery-based, meaning students master concepts before moving on to the next. Parental involvement is extremely high because one parent stays home with the child. Along with the online school curriculum tools, the parent partners with the child's state-certified teacher who is always available as a kind of master teacher. The teachers' other responsibilities are to facilitate class outings, and supervise state standardized testing at the central testing center. I think this school offers Idaho's best K-10 schooling. Extracurricular activities are sparse, but IDVA parents aren't discouraged easily and see this as an opportunity to create what we want.

Idaho Virtual Academy
1965 South Eagle Rd Suit190, Meridian, ID  83642
Last modified Idaho Virtual Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.