No rating

Logos School

Private | K-12 | 236 students

Student diversity

Living in Moscow

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $223,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $612.

Posted August 28, 2014

This is our 6th year at Logos, with 7 of our 9 children attending at all levels. We moved here in part to have our kids attend, having homeschooled for 7 years prior, as well as having been in several public schools (elementary age). No school is perfect, but this one is sure amazing. Don't let the modest school facilities fool you--the best comes from a rigorous classical education, led by teachers who care deeply. Parental involvement is extensive and invited, which is exactly what we were looking for, parenting in Christian community with other like minded families. Yes, this is sometime a hard education. The standards are high, but so is the grace and love. Several of our kids have struggled at times, but have received excellent support, particularly from Mr Whitling and Mr Garfield, the principal and administrator. As a family we enjoy participating in the plays. We are so glad we came to be part of this logos! Please take an opportunity to visit the school and sit in on a day of classes. If you have a chance, Friday Elementary assemblies are great opportunities to see the fruit of this diligent work, to bring God glory. Grace and Peace--Rod and Jenny Story

Posted November 2, 2013

If anyone is considering this school for their children, please read this entry. We moved our elementary age children to Moscow, and enrolled them at Logos. We've now had 3 full months to make a fair, good evaluation of this school. Our children came from a private, good, academically challenging school. The teachers had good balance, which mixed discipline, strong academics, PLUS A NURTURING SPIRIT to them. We loved this balance, and the kids thrived under this level of instruction. Logos (huge sigh), unfortunately is not the same. Although prayer and God are part of the curriculum, which is good, we cannot say we are pleased with the teachers. Both of our children are not happy at Logos, which saddens us. When asked why they don't like Logos, the same answers surface, which are "teachers are too strict," and/or "school isn't fun anymore." Please know that we have visited both teachers a few times, and unfortunately, they are indeed NOT nurturing. They're good at teaching facts, but seem indifferent to feelings of our children. Unless things change, its unlikely that we'll continue at Logos. Its rigid and military-like. Sorry if this offends, its just our humble opinion.

Posted December 7, 2010

I graduated from Logos in 2007 after attending for my senior year. Each one of my teachers was highly qualified for their position, and truly cared about my success as a student and a person. I still run into them, years later, and have good friendships with them. Although the curriculum is difficult and rigorous, all of the staff were available and open to questions and further explanation. This was easily proved by my own future and my peers' success. We were expected to act responsibly and as adults, preparing us for life after high school. My graduating class (26 of us) was offered a total of over a half a million dollars in scholarships. In fact, about half the class pretty much has a full ride in college. Many of us passed out of lower level classes in college. In fact, I found this site as I was looking for the school phone number; I am obtaining my transcript to give to my university, as my year in Latin will waive 4 credits of Foreign Language for my second bachelor's degree. Take it or leave it: Logos is a fantastic school.

Posted July 14, 2010

Perhaps you misunderstand the tem 'militaristic.' I would venture a geuss to say that the July 10 post was referring to idealogical militarism--perhaps a result of the post-millenial, hyper-covenantal mindset that has infected the leadership and trajectory of the school. Just a thought.

Posted December 26, 2009

I am also a parent. The entry from July 10th is completely incorrect. First, Logos does have a guidance counselor and she does her job very well (as you will see below). Second, Logos had 4 national merit finalists in 2009. Here is the list from previous years. http://www.logosschool.com/?page_id=145 Third, Logos also offers honors classes. And all of their high school classes are AP-level. Fourth, 100% of their graduates have been accepted to colleges. Finally, they do wear school uniforms. Perhaps that's what makes them 'militaristic'? :)

Posted July 16, 2009

I graduated from logos this last May (09) after having attended my junior and senior year. I can tell (and do tell) everyone how wonderful a place it is. The teachers truly care about their students and love their jobs. They come in and teach everyday with a smile. The curriculum is interesting and challenging but it also seems to have been designed with a specific goal in mind, the goal of preparing the student for life after highschool. There's no textbook for life but while at Logos, I learned some very valuable things I will never forget. The school is disciplined but fun. Somehow they maintain the perfect medium between the two possible extremes in that area. I cant say enough about Logos School, and I wish I could give them more than praise. Hopefully someday =)
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 10, 2009

Very militaristic. Education is very good, but there are no guidance counselors, or people helping to get your child scholarships for college or AP classes, or any classes that will count for college credit.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACCS
Fax number
  • (208) 883-8292

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious