Mountain Home Afb, ID
After care: No

Posted April 17, 2015
We have had a wonderful experience at this school. The principle is amazing and the teachers are extremely dedicated. There have been numerous family events at the school this year, such as a science fair, art fair, and an egg drop. There are also science classes for all grades where the kids get to do hands on experiments. I truly believe this is the best elementary school in Mountain Home.

Posted March 05, 2015
The school itself is good, I am not a fan of the teacher to student ratio in my sons room (29 4th graders) but the teacher is great with communication (email, Facebook, newsletter) and my son is happy.

Posted March 03, 2015
We've lived here for over 5 years and have 3 children who have attended or are currently attending this school. I've had wonderful experiences with this school, the teachers & the principal. I've especially been impressed with the program for my students who need speech and have some special education needs. I feel those teachers have gone above & beyond to help my children. It's been encouraging to see the programs at the school grow & offer more opportunities for the students, like art & science which are volunteer run. I believe that my students have the opportunity for the best education at this school compared to the local area schools.

Posted March 03, 2015
Stephensen Elementary has undergone many changes since the arrival of a new principal in 2013-14. The classrooms have been freshly painted, there is a large emphasis on new technology, and many, many new teachers have been hired. All of the teachers at Stephensen Elementary are now totally dedicated to helping your child learn in every way possible and the atmosphere is very positive.

Posted March 03, 2015
We have been VERY impressed with Stephensen this year. Since the new principal came there has been a wonderful change to the school! They offer art classes, science labs, music, computers and have great programs for special needs and gifted programs on site! My child has some special needs and we have been very happy with the services provided at the school. I feel like every teacher he has interacted with has gone above and beyond our expectations. They always make time for us and are aware of the special circumstances that military kids face everyday. I Love that they have a military life counselor in the school everyday to meet with the kids if they are having issues and just want to talk. They also do so much to make the kids feel like they are in a safe and happy environment. The principal is very hands on and I see him in the classrooms whenever I am at the school. All the teachers seem very happy and that makes a big difference in the attitude of the students! We love this school and have nothing but good things to say!

Posted March 02, 2015
We moved here a few months ago so the children were scared of new friends and a new school. The teachers are wonderful and the Principle is amazing and goes the extra mile to help the students improve and reach their goals. I have a child in each grade k-4th. Each teacher has their own way of making each child feel special and sets aside extra time for questions and or help.

Posted March 02, 2015
We have been in this school for 2 and 1/2 years and we have had a good experience. After coming from an enormous school, I like the feel of a small school. We have been satisfied with everything. I had an issue earlier this year and the principal personally called me, we discussed it, and we were able to solve the problem together and I really appreciated that.

Posted February 21, 2015
This K- 4 school has recently undergone a major update and we are very happy with the total school environment. A new name (Stephensen Elem), new paint inside and out, new landscaping, a new principal, and many new programs and opportunities at the school lead to huge learning experiences for kids. A full day (tuition) kindergarten, art and science enrichment classes, yearbook club, choir/bell choir, safety patrol/positive action committee, Chinese/Singaporean cultural assemblies, "brain lab", homework and reading clubs, and intramural sports provide a spectrum of "extras" unique to this school. The principal, Mr. McCluskey, is extremely involved and is a very strong advocate for enrichment opportunities, hosting a Veterans Day assembly, fire safety assembly, and awards assemblies for spirit days, honor roll students and reading program winners. There is a district gifted and talented program and qualifying 4th grade students are offered the opportunity to accelerate their math learning to 5th grade. There is a very active PTT running the enrichment programs and other community events such as a science fair and egg drop competition. An outstanding school in Mtn Home.

Stephensen Elementary 2

Posted January 19, 2014
Classrooms are overcrowded and the facility is very old, but some of the teachers are wonderful. We have two children currently enrolled here, and we have been fortunate enough to have good teachers this year, as well as some parents that help out in the classrooms. If not for parent involvement, I believe it would be almost impossible for even the best of teachers to manage the classroom sizes at this school. The school just received a new principal, but I rarely see him. When I do, he passes by without a word or smile. So much for feeling welcomed...

Stephensen Elementary 2

Posted November 19, 2012
This is our 1st term here at Base Primary and the experience so far has not been a pleasant one. Parents, if you have the time, please homeschool your kid(s).

Stephensen Elementary
200 Gunfighter Ave, Mountain Home Afb, ID  83648
Last modified Stephensen Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stephensen Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top