Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted May 04, 2016
Mrs. Wilson is an incredible teacher. Reading is one of her top priorities. I'm so happy that both of my boys had her for kindergarten. She gave both of them a great start in school.

Posted March 15, 2016
I have two kids in this school; one in 3rd (Mrs. Negri) and one in full day Kindergarten (Mrs. Wilson). Both of my children love their teachers and enjoy going to school every day. The school has a lot of programs, to include a challenge group, science, art, and homework group. The principle is very involved and really takes the time to know the children and what is going on in his school. I am very impressed and would not pick any other school in Mountain Home. The academics and opportunities for advanced children to progress is a little limited - but not by the school, by Idaho in general. I have experienced 2 years in this district and have seen nothing short of tremendous improvements each year.

Posted March 15, 2016
We absolutely LOVE Mrs. Norris, full day Kindergarten teacher! I wish the kids could keep her as they go up in grades. Principal McCluskey is very involved and gets a lot of support from the base here on MHAFB. Great programs, involvement and a lot of fun to be apart of! We'd recommend this school to anyone!

Posted March 12, 2016
Dedicated teachers, involved parents, and a wonderful principle. This school is definitely worth the drive from town. I'm so glad my kids go to Stephensen Elementary.

Posted March 09, 2016
Coming from the DODDS in Europe we were skeptical after hearing about the State's education report. We love this school and everything they do to give their students the best foundation for learning.

Posted March 09, 2016
Mrs. Lawson has been a kind, nurturing, and dedicated teacher. She has put my child at ease about learning, and has instilled a sense of confidence in my child's abilities. I could not ask for a better person to teach my daughter in her very first experience in a classroom.

Stephensen Elementary 3

Posted March 09, 2016
I've never heard of a school system having no science or art program until we moved to Idaho. Fortunately, there seem to be a very dedicated group of parent-volunteers who devote their time to providing the children with an art and a science program. Even hosting a science fair and an art expo. As wonderful as this is, it should not be the parents' responsibility. Otherwise, the teachers are very dedicated and hard working. And thank god for that, because working in a drastically underfunded school system must be no easy task.

Posted March 09, 2016
I need to be able to click all the boxes, not just one. Huge Parent Involvement, support groups for Military kids with Deployed parents or relatives, and Phenomenal staff, teachers and Administration! All schools should be so lucky.

Posted April 17, 2015
We have had a wonderful experience at this school. The principle is amazing and the teachers are extremely dedicated. There have been numerous family events at the school this year, such as a science fair, art fair, and an egg drop. There are also science classes for all grades where the kids get to do hands on experiments. I truly believe this is the best elementary school in Mountain Home.

Stephensen Elementary 4

Posted March 05, 2015
The school itself is good, I am not a fan of the teacher to student ratio in my sons room (29 4th graders) but the teacher is great with communication (email, Facebook, newsletter) and my son is happy.

200 Gunfighter Ave, Mountain Home Afb, ID  83648
Last modified Stephensen Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.