Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I have two kids in this school; one in 3rd (Mrs. Negri) and one in full day Kindergarten (Mrs. Wilson). Both of my children love their teachers and enjoy going to school every day. The school has a lot of programs, to include a challenge group, science, art, and homework group. The principle is very involved and really takes the time to know the children and what is going on in his school. I am very impressed and would not pick any other school in Mountain Home. The academics and opportunities for advanced children to progress is a little limited - but not by the school, by Idaho in general. I have experienced 2 years in this district and have seen nothing short of tremendous improvements each year.

We absolutely LOVE Mrs. Norris, full day Kindergarten teacher! I wish the kids could keep her as they go up in grades. Principal McCluskey is very involved and gets a lot of support from the base here on MHAFB. Great programs, involvement and a lot of fun to be apart of! We'd recommend this school to anyone!

Dedicated teachers, involved parents, and a wonderful principle. This school is definitely worth the drive from town. I'm so glad my kids go to Stephensen Elementary.

Coming from the DODDS in Europe we were skeptical after hearing about the State's education report. We love this school and everything they do to give their students the best foundation for learning.

I've never heard of a school system having no science or art program until we moved to Idaho. Fortunately, there seem to be a very dedicated group of parent-volunteers who devote their time to providing the children with an art and a science program. Even hosting a science fair and an art expo. As wonderful as this is, it should not be the parents' responsibility. Otherwise, the teachers are very dedicated and hard working. And thank god for that, because working in a drastically underfunded school system must be no easy task.

We have had a wonderful experience at this school. The principle is amazing and the teachers are extremely dedicated. There have been numerous family events at the school this year, such as a science fair, art fair, and an egg drop. There are also science classes for all grades where the kids get to do hands on experiments. I truly believe this is the best elementary school in Mountain Home.

The school itself is good, I am not a fan of the teacher to student ratio in my sons room (29 4th graders) but the teacher is great with communication (email, Facebook, newsletter) and my son is happy.

We've lived here for over 5 years and have 3 children who have attended or are currently attending this school. I've had wonderful experiences with this school, the teachers & the principal. I've especially been impressed with the program for my students who need speech and have some special education needs. I feel those teachers have gone above & beyond to help my children. It's been encouraging to see the programs at the school grow & offer more opportunities for the students, like art & science which are volunteer run. I believe that my students have the opportunity for the best education at this school compared to the local area schools.

Stephensen Elementary has undergone many changes since the arrival of a new principal in 2013-14. The classrooms have been freshly painted, there is a large emphasis on new technology, and many, many new teachers have been hired. All of the teachers at Stephensen Elementary are now totally dedicated to helping your child learn in every way possible and the atmosphere is very positive.

We have been VERY impressed with Stephensen this year. Since the new principal came there has been a wonderful change to the school! They offer art classes, science labs, music, computers and have great programs for special needs and gifted programs on site! My child has some special needs and we have been very happy with the services provided at the school. I feel like every teacher he has interacted with has gone above and beyond our expectations. They always make time for us and are aware of the special circumstances that military kids face everyday. I Love that they have a military life counselor in the school everyday to meet with the kids if they are having issues and just want to talk. They also do so much to make the kids feel like they are in a safe and happy environment. The principal is very hands on and I see him in the classrooms whenever I am at the school. All the teachers seem very happy and that makes a big difference in the attitude of the students! We love this school and have nothing but good things to say!

Last modified Stephensen Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.