Bad
Good

New Horizon Magnet School 3

Posted September 12, 2013
Overall this school is good. I think they are WAY understaffed there for not giving the kids all the attention they deserve. The program of dual language is GREAT just wish some teachers would do there job better! I have a child there and I really was impressed how much Spanish he learned last year but the teacher he has this year is NEW and I don't see her doing such a great job not just in the Spanish teaching but in her overall teaching. Wish she could get a class grandma like other classes have. She really needs the help. I tried volunteering but don't think the teacher likes parents in her class to much. And don't get me started on the bussing issue, that totally needs HELP ASAP!!!!! Have yall seen how ugly that gets?

New Horizon Magnet School 5

Posted August 16, 2013
The school is great I am very happy. The only problem is no more buses will be provided.

New Horizon Magnet School 5

Posted June 08, 2013
With the new Principal Mrs. Cleverly the leadership in the school has gone from 0 to 90 in the past year. I love the teachers and my kids love school. I wish we could say the same about the district. How do they mis-calculate 5 million dollars. Losing our buses will be hard on our family next year, but I think it's worth the 20 minute drive to take my kids to New Horizons.

New Horizon Magnet School 1

Posted May 19, 2012
We have gone to this school for 3 years. The leadership is poor and there is limited accountability by the staff. I am concerned that the movies/TV shows shown here for children are not appropriate (Goosebumps, Sponge Bob). I also feel as if the communication on behalf of the school is very poor. They fail to communicate with each other and with parents. This year the principal had 2 schools so he was not very involved and did not seem to care about this school and the children in it. In addition to that he does not speak Spanish so it does not make sense to have someone who is not bilingual as the leader of a bilingual program.

New Horizon Magnet School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
I love the teachers and philosophy of the school. The leadership needs a little work.

New Horizon Magnet School
5226 Southside Blvd, Nampa, ID  83686
Last modified New Horizon Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Horizon Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top