Nampa, ID

Posted June 13, 2014
If you want your Child to be bullied all School year long getting bad grades because of that (because your Child is depressed for being bullied) then this School is for you. Teachers and Principal are aware of bullies but don't do anything. Do your Child a favor and stay away from this School District.

Posted February 12, 2014
East Canyon Elementary School claims they have a "No Bully Policy" but they don't My Son is in 5th Grade and gets Bullied every single day by several Classmates. They always single him out. They call him racist names, make his School supply disappear, spreading rumors about him. Even Teachers don't help him, they call my Son a Liar. The Principal is probably trying to do things but it is all the time something that upset my Son. We are telling him to stand up for him self to ignore all those mean bullies and focus on his Grades and soon this terrible School year will be over and nothing else matters. But it is said easier than done. I want my Son to enjoy School but he is now starting to hate School. If this School does not actively fight Bullies in this early stage of Education then it will get worse later on. Punish the Bullies suspend them from School and make the Victims feel protected. It is the Schools responsibility to make sure our Children are safe and sound but I do not see it happening. My Sons friend was being pulled out of School by his Mother because he was the victim of a Bully. I am sure glad we are moving away from this School district soon

Posted January 23, 2014
This is a terrible School.... We NEVER had any issues with my Son's previous School out of State. My Son is being Bullied since School started. I talked to the Teachers and Principal. Nothing is done by them, I have been to this School several times to work with the Teachers and Principal they assured me they will take of it but yet nothing happened. This School needs to actively Work against Bullies and not just have flyers hanging around. Action shows more than words. I will consider to put my Children into a better School.

East Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted January 22, 2014
I have never had any major issues with this school and the staff there. I have found them to be efficient, caring, and on the ball when it comes to helping students in areas they struggle in. There is a new principal this year and although I've never had reason to call her due to any issues in school, she is very visible and present. My students have thrived both socially and academically at this school. This school allows parents to come in and observe their students in their classes if there is any concerns. Teachers are more than willing to call or arrange a time to conference with parents regarding concerns with students. Before rushing to judgement about this school I urge parents to visit and see for themselves the dedication of the teachers and other staff. I will say that the lack of parental involvement is one of the negatives of this school but that is not a direct reflection of the school but rather the parents and their unwillingness to participate. I believe this school would be even more amazing if more parents rolled up their sleeves and got involved!

Posted August 18, 2013
I am not impressed with this school. My son went to Birch Elementary and it was amazing. Zoning is too strict now and they could not accept him this year and we are forced to enroll him here. I tried charter schools and called the district, but we are stuck. Even though he has never met the man listed on his birth certificate, they said TOO BAD. No matter my wished or the fact my son does not know him at all, this STRANGER would be allowed to pick up my son from school. I have since enrolled him in K12 Virtual Academy. I ask any parents who wants their children to be safe to consider doing the same. This is a horrible school, I have heard multiple people talk of bullies, and it is not a safe environment for my son to be in where they would ALLOW a stranger to take him from school.

Posted February 28, 2013
There are a couple great teachers but sadly they are all moved into the higher grades. If you ask around the community you will see that the old reviews are not current. Between constant bullying in which the bullies are protected and the fact that many of the teachers ignore student and parent concerns, I'd rather pay for a private school than allow any other child t be back in this school.

East Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2008

East Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2008
My daughter attended grade 1 and I found the teachers there to be efficient, hard working, and adaptable. The three grade one teachers pooled their classes one hour each day to provide extra attention to students requiring more one-on-one interaction, those working at grade level, and those who excelled and needed more challenges. This school needs improvements but was trying hard to improve while my daughter attended.

Posted July 13, 2008
I've had two children in this school for the past 5 years and only been pleased with three teachers. The principal is not approachable at all and is not kid friendly.

East Canyon Elementary School 5

Posted November 06, 2007
I have no complaints about this school so far. My daughter's reading and math skills have improved tremendously. The staff there is courteous and helpful.

East Canyon Elementary School
18408 Northside Blvd, Nampa, ID  83687
Last modified East Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Canyon Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top