Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Snake River Elementary School
Develops empathy: Agree

Posted November 11, 2015
My grandson went to this school, and my granddaughter now goes here. Through school programs, sports, and various get-togethers, we've met a good number of the staff and the students. I've found them to be well-grounded and mature, friendly, and eager to speak with "old people". I truly enjoy the way they interact with the teachers and other adults. I like to ask them questions which allow them to express their opinion and/or impressions of things. Their answers show that, rather than parroting something from their folks or teachers, they express their true feelings and ideas.

Posted November 11, 2015
I've had grandkids in this school for the past 8 years. In this time, the staff and students have put on a wide variety of programs and shows. They all seem to be joint productions, where the kids work as hard as the adults, and vice versa. It makes my heart swell to watch and listen as they go that "extra mile" to show us how hard they've worked and how much they want us, the audience, to appreciate it. They are great people, regardless of their age. Yesterday they absolutely blew me away by putting on a Veteran Appreciation Day. They sang songs I haven't heard for way too long, recited The Pledge of Allegiance, the Boy Scouts Posted the Flags, and we, the Veterans, were presented with letters of thanks written by the students. Still brings a tear to my eye. I want them all to know how grateful I am, for myself, for the other Veterans there, and, especially, for my many comrades who never made it home to participate. Though missing, they will never be forgotten, especially with people like Snake River Elementary keeping the American Spirit alive and well. Thank You All! Blake Newell

Posted August 18, 2015
My child has been attending this school since 2nd grade and just started 5th. He's always had warm, welcoming teachers and plenty of resources to learn from. He is a very smart kid, and I appreciate that his teachers give him extra assignments and harder course work to keep him challenged. I've never had a problem here.

Posted January 08, 2013
January 8, 2013. My youngest child of 4 is in his last year of school here. I love Snake River. In all of the years here, we have only had 1 issue with a specific teacher who is no longer teaching there. The teachers who teach here are here for the kids. They all work together to give the kids the best education possible. I love that many teachers move up with their class at least once. This means they have the same teacher 2 years in a row if the teacher agrees and the parent agrees. The teachers end up teaching all of the grades. The children know all of the teachers, the teachers know all of the children. Our children are surrounded by adults who know them and support them in all areas of their lives. They have done a fabulous job teaching our children. They have an antibully program and are very proactive with a responsibility program also. Very excellent school, staff, and education. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 19, 2009
This school puts children and parents that don't speak English, before those that do. If you wonder why their classes are so crowded, just go down the hall and see the class rooms that are dedicated to Spanish speaking students. I will be removing my child from this school at the end of the year.

Posted November 21, 2008
I know that my 5th grade daughter has the best teacher she's ever had. I have never had a problem getting through to the office and I am attended to immediately. Mrs. Mellen (pronounced Meelan) is WONDERFUL and not only helps the students who do have trouble studying, but she also has worked with gifted students and helps to promote their scholastic abilities while she works with the struggling students. She allows the students who are able to finish earlier to work on their abilities and talents while the children who need her individual attention are blessed with her expertise.

Posted July 21, 2008
Our daughter will be starting her 3rd year at this school and we are disappointed in several ways. The top most reason being that the school focuses so much on the children who are sruggling and so the few there, such as our daughter, who have high scores are left in the dust. She will never reach her full potential at this school, she's not being challenged.

Posted December 29, 2006
This is the second year that my son has attended this school. I absolutely love the experience he has received. He is given plenty of chances to write during a time where writing isn't 'important' due to NCLB. More importantly, he is learning acceptance of others. This school is absolutely wonderful in allowing students to share their cultures with one another. It is highly evident from one quick walk through the halls.

Posted February 01, 2006
My son was at kuna and failling. He was allways getting picked on and the teachers did nothing. He never had home work and his teachers were never avalible. We moved to snake river and he allways has home work grades are up and he has lots of freinds. I really appreciate his teacher she is allways in touch. Thanks

Posted December 03, 2005
This school is horrible when it comes to keeping in contact with parents. The lack of organization is horrifing. It is almost impossible to talk to anybody who know what is going on. My son has special needs. It was almost impossible arranging special bus transportation for him. We had to talk to 5 different people and still the first week of school there was not bus arrangements made. Then once he did start riding, they got him on the wrong bus and 'lost' him for awhile. Anytime I call the office to talk to anyone I get disconnected. They have promised special resources to help my child and half way through the year they still aren't producing them. They blame understaffing. There seems to be no communication between staff members and nobody seems to really know what is going on. My child is definately getting left behind.

Snake River Elementary School
500 Stampede Dr, Nampa, ID  83687
Last modified Snake River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.